Dobyns-Bennett football 2013

dbFAN91

I know it's only July 9th but i'm ready for some football. I would like to hear about what weve got coming in this year after losing so much to the Southeastern Conference and The Big Orange. My prediction is that this year will be hard to watch after seeing what weve been used to for the last couple years. I think Casey will be the man in the back field and i hope a true QB emerges from the dust. This will be a year where Coach Clark will once again prove his worth. Let's get it starter and Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!

I know it's only July 9th but i'm ready for some football. I would like to hear about what weve got coming in this year after losing so much to the Southeastern Conference and The Big Orange. My prediction is that this year will be hard to watch after seeing what weve been used to for the last couple years. I think Casey will be the man in the back field and i hope a true QB emerges from the dust. This will be a year where Coach Clark will once again prove his worth. Let's get it starter and Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!

'91 - You are right in saying things will be different in 2013. The lightning speed is gone but DB will have some speed players. What Coach Clark does have is a couple of bruising backs and a massive O & D Line. The opposition had better prepare for getting smashed in the mouth, play after play, because that is coming. I would be surprised if the Indians average throwing the ball 10 times per game....but the Indians will be hard to stop running the ball, just like last year... only in a different way. I love the schedule except for a couple of Big 7 duds. ROLL TRIBE ROLL Edited by ArtVandalay

I'm ready as well.The first part of this post will take the possible down side to this season.I know we lost A bunch of great players and agree it will be a totally different team this year.Someone said this to me,when we were watching the DB vs South scrimmage." This will take coach Clarks best coaching job ever ".I think a lot will come down to not only that,but if this team stays away from injuries and grows up a little each week.The last time DB faced a year that we all knew would take some good breaks and everything had to go right,turned out to be the year everything went right for most of the competition.Now,the upside part.If you have a big line and some strong runners,there is no disgrace in playing and old Washington Redskin brand of football,in which you hand the ball to a John Riggins type of player and let the Hogs go to work up front.The defense will still have to grow up with the loss of a lot of speed,but every year brings those new faces ready to do just that ! Roll Tribe !

Even when D-B is in a down year they steamroll all Tri-cities teams, and this year will be no exception. I do think TN High will give D-B a tough game, but the rest of the games will be over by halftime. Now the non Tri-cities teams will be a different story, and I can see a possibility of three losses in the first six games. There must be something in the H2O once you cross into Knox county

Not trying to stir up anything, but have always wondered why D-B quit playing teams from across the state. Always felt the Indians were at their best when they had a schedule that challenged them...........

Because the TSSAA has hand cuffed us to playing in the worst conference in the State. Also, we can't get anybody to play us because teams don't want to travel and some have more conference games they have to play. Not DB's fault. We would schedule Maryville, Oak Ridge and Riverdale every year if we could. ROLL TRIBE!!!!!

Because the TSSAA has hand cuffed us to playing in the worst conference in the State. Also, we can't get anybody to play us because teams don't want to travel and some have more conference games they have to play. Not DB's fault. We would schedule Maryville, Oak Ridge and Riverdale every year if we could. ROLL TRIBE!!!!!

I know of a bunch of teams in 7-AAA that would jump at the chance to play DB and im sure the privates in middle tn wouldnt have a problem with that as well........

I enjoy those "Big Games" during the regular season.The Oak Ridge game was really nice and I miss that one.The two sided coin since the tssaa changed things up,is by playing those games now,it can put a better team on the road a lot faster during the playoffs.Three years ago,"had DB took care of it's second round business,Maryville would have been sent to Kingsport because of an early loss to one of the best teams in the state,"Alcoa".The old system gave a lot more room for teams to go out and get better with strong games outside of the conference because if you took care of your district,your seeding would be set nomatter how many great teams you beat or lost to .The new system does the same,but it could cost your team a home game or maybe not making the playoffs at all .

Edited by BatmanDB

What's yours, Sullivan County Fan? I wasn't there, but I'd like to know how it went.

Well, the past couple of years Ive been use to DB just having the best athletes and quarterback all over the field compare to local teams up here, when it comes to passing scrimmages. Usually other teams would have 1 or 2 kids that could run, and DB have 5 or 6. That wasn't the case this year. DB has some serious issues when it comes to the QB position. South probably look the best overall in my opinion. Their QB was impressive, but WR's drop to many passes. North passing is limited, but they did have the best athlete in Jasper on the field. So, I look for Casey for DB to have a lot of carries this year, and Clark to run the football! However, its early and the two QBS for DB has time to improve. DB's defense will be good, well atleast defending the pass. It hard to take alot of what you see in a passing scrimmage, but they are fun to watch.

Wish I had known about the passing scrimmage. Sounds like not much has changed since the D-D - South scrimmage a couple months ago. Watching D-B this year might be like watching Gate City, VA play. Pound the rock over and over... Wait a minute - former Gate City head coach Nick Colobro is on staff now at D-B isn't he?