Dobyns-Bennett football 2013

dbFAN91

I understand were youre coming from with the whole band stuff,But i dont think i would go as far to say what you did.Batman,you seem to be a loyal DB fan and dont get me wrong,I am too.And i agree with you about the back ups,Im not sayin to put kids in just to be doing it.I still think they should earn it.And do i think that will make them have a better chance of beatiing maryvill and a couple other great teams to get a gold ball!..Yes i do,Because having fresh guys in or fresher guys in at the end of the game is an Advantage!!!..But iike i said from the beginning.I just think a school with close to 2000 students should have alot more talent and not having kids playin both ways.I know of schools that have half the inrollment as DB and dont have kids playin both ways.It can be done and it needs to be done.And playin in a conference that aint very good(nothing against the other schools)would be the place to start and prepare for the playoffs.

From everything I've been told, 2013

will be a real chance for any kid that puts out 110 % to get a great look.DB has a large enrollment but getting " ALL " of the best athletes to play football hasn't been done over the past few years.It's not from lack of trying,some kids have stuck with track or other sports and I guess figured that getting the crap beat out of them on the football field is not something they would be interested in.Football is a very hard sport,and for us that sit in the stands while the young men do all the work,it's sometimes easy to say this or that.Yep,It was to late to retract some of what I wrote earlier but having the best and biggest band in the state play when you have the ball gives DB's opponent's a home field advantage anywhere they are playing,even at our own J Fred stadium.Playing when your opponent has the ball is unsportsmanlike,but when the team your supposed to be supporting has the ball and you crank up the band.It shows lack of respect for those young men that have worked their butts off all year to represent Dobyns Bennett and the city of KIngsport.It shows that he is putting his own pompous self in front of all of us who are there to support our hometown boys.The more I think about his lack of respect for those boys and our whole city,the more I ....so on and so on.

Holy crap. Can you guys hold the book reports down to under 1000 words please? This crap is stupid. Lets talk what we've got and X's and O's

I could care less an outsiders opinion of us and what we need to do. As loyal fans, we know all this. But it starts with players. And no we don't have a solid 2nd team. And no, the starters didn't play until late in the third against Central. They were done before the end of the first half. I don't miss a game. EVER!!!! So let's talk about the team and leave the coaches alone for now. And you Blount county fans need to talk on your own thread until it appears we might meet in the playoffs. And sorry Vols??? Kick for now, but you better believe we're coming back. 550 miles away? Gotta be a Florida convict college fan. Hey, has any of your players killed anybody lately ? Oh yeah, that's right. ROLL TRIBE AND GO VOLS!!!!!

Cold 91. I do see the Vols coming back in two or three years.That's going to be a very hard road in the SEC, loaded with seven straight championship teams and counting.I think the Tribe will be more smash mouth this year ,now watch them throw 40 times a game after I said that.Won't be long before the fun get's started

Holy crap. Can you guys hold the book reports down to under 1000 words please? This crap is stupid. Lets talk what we've got and X's and O's

I could care less an outsiders opinion of us and what we need to do. As loyal fans, we know all this. But it starts with players. And no we don't have a solid 2nd team. And no, the starters didn't play until late in the third against Central. They were done before the end of the first half. I don't miss a game. EVER!!!! So let's talk about the team and leave the coaches alone for now. And you Blount county fans need to talk on your own thread until it appears we might meet in the playoffs. And sorry Vols??? Kick for now, but you better believe we're coming back. 550 miles away? Gotta be a Florida convict college fan. Hey, has any of your players killed anybody lately ? Oh yeah, that's right. ROLL TRIBE AND GO VOLS!!!!!

Eastern North Carolina is were im from SLICK!!..Im sorry to tell you this,But this is a website to talk about high school sports.and if you dont like whats being said then keep scrolling down.Nobody ask you anything anyway.But back to you BATMAN,I just dont see DB making it very far unless they change so things.Thats all im sayin,Do you think coach clark and his staff should change anything or do something different?Or do you think everything is fine the way it is?Ive told you what i think should be done,And i see them being able to compete with MARYVILLE and some of the better programs in the state.

You got the county right and didn't say Knoxville.

I guess you want me to wait until this:

gameday3.jpg

I've got my ticket!

MHS_D_B_zpsbff9b3ea.jpg

RR now down't bee so hard on tha D-B band......When'st thay played tha Titannick song att haif time mommaSTARS started wif tham big ole crocky-dile tears..... :huh:

Edited by STARSNBARS

RR now down't bee so hard on tha D-B band......When'st thay played tha Titannick song att haif time mommaSTARS started wif tham big ole crocky-dile tears..... :huh:

They done a great job in Knoxville ,I'd like to see that one again.The kids are great and work very hard.Best band in the state.

Eastern North Carolina is were im from SLICK!!..Im sorry to tell you this,But this is a website to talk about high school sports.and if you dont like whats being said then keep scrolling down.Nobody ask you anything anyway.But back to you BATMAN,I just dont see DB making it very far unless they change so things.Thats all im sayin,Do you think coach clark and his staff should change anything or do something different?Or do you think everything is fine the way it is?Ive told you what i think should be done,And i see them being able to compete with MARYVILLE and some of the better programs in the state.

I know your kind of new to DB football so I'm going to cut you a break hear tar heal. If your going to talk back and forth with batman on here I think I speak for 95% of the people on hear that think you guys need to exchange numbers or something. Lets don't get so philosophical on hear. It's just football. Not the inner workings of the human brain and the reactions to sociological high school problems. Lets play some dam$ football. ROLL TRIBE!!! Can a brother get an Amen. Mr Waco please help this chump out.

I know your kind of new to DB football so I'm going to cut you a break hear tar heal. If your going to talk back and forth with batman on here I think I speak for 95% of the people on hear that think you guys need to exchange numbers or something. Lets don't get so philosophical on hear. It's just football. Not the inner workings of the human brain and the reactions to sociological high school problems. Lets play some dam$ football. ROLL TRIBE!!! Can a brother get an Amen. Mr Waco please help this chump out........................................................................................................................I'll cut you a break as well 91 and talk a little football.Got some good news on how the team is coming along.The line and backs are looking real strong this year.That's a great start because we all know it starts up front with the big boys.

Edited by BatmanDB

So what's D-B's fall scrimmage schedule look like? Can't wait to see some football. Congrats to Teddy Gaines (D-B grad) for landing one of the first assistant coaching positions for the East Tennessee State Buccanneers new football team. Hopefully Teddy and the other new coach (Morristown native Billy Taylor - Tenn Tech Defensive Coordinator) can build a good recruiting pipeline for deserving area football players.

"Playing when your opponent has the ball is unsportsmanlike"

I had to laugh when I read this because it reminded me of something that happened a couple years ago. For some reason there was a conflict with a competition and the band could not be at a D-B - Sullivan South game. An alumni band was formed so D-B would not have a home game without a band. The game was unexpectedly tight (South was expected to be down that year) and in the 3rd or early 4th quarter South made an extended drive for a TD to cut the score to 14-7 or something like that. I was seated close to them and noticed that the alumni band played for all they were worth that whole drive. They were seated at the goal line the Rebels were driving towards and you could hear them trying to get louder as Rebels moved closer to the score. While I'm sure they didn't want the Rebels to score you could see the relief in them when that happened because it meant that they could finally rest! They did a great job for a hastily assembled group of people that had not played together much as a group.

Edited by RebRaider85

I had to laugh when I read this because it reminded me of something that happened a couple years ago. For some reason there was a conflict with a competition and the band could not be at a D-B - Sullivan South game. An alumni band was formed so D-B would not have a home game without a band. The game was unexpectedly tight (South was expected to be down that year) and in the 3rd or early 4th quarter South made an extended drive for a TD to cut the score to 14-7 or something like that. I was seated close to them and noticed that the alumni band played for all they were worth that whole drive. They were seated at the goal line the Rebels were driving towards and you could hear them trying to get louder as Rebels moved closer to the score. While I'm sure they didn't want the Rebels to score you could see the relief in them when that happened because it meant that they could finally rest! They did a great job for a hastily assembled group of people that had not played together much as a group.

In 2006 the the score was 28-0 before the band got to their seats. That final score was 44-0 if you don't recall.