Noise Makers for '13 & 14 - All Divisions...

Sommers

Cleveland has done a fantastic job attracting and developing top talent!

May I be the first to offer Kudo's to Phillips, Miller and Yost & Co!

Wat to choo Kramer & Hamm & Co getting a strong second! From what RW liked like in Nov/Dec, who'd ever know where'd they would be today. Bunch of hogwash some will say! Way to go Middle Tn including Baden/Holker/Manning getting Clarksville up there

Some nice videos including others around the state and Tyler Sells.

http://www.dnj.com/article/20140215/SPORTS08/302150030/Local-pair-reach-state-wrestling-finals

Riverdale's Sean Kennedy wrestles Brentwood's Dmitry Searle in Saturday's TSSAA state wrestling semifinals in Franklin. Kennedy defeated Searle 18-2 to reach the finals. / TOM KREAGER/DNJ

Edited by Sommers

Local pair reach state wrestling finals 10 Rutherford wrestlers in line to medal today

FRANKLIN â€” Riverdale junior Sean Kennedy will wrestle for a chance at perfection tonight.

Blackman senior Austin Wells has a shot to end his high school career with a state title.

The two Rutherford County wrestlers lead a record-setting group that will end their high school wrestling seasons with a medal around their neck.

Four Rutherford County schools advanced a combined 10 wrestlers to the final day of the TSSAA State Wrestling Championships at the Williamson County Ag & Expo Center. Every wrestler competing today is guaranteed a medal from first to sixth. That marks the most medals for Rutherford County in a state wrestling tournament.

The consolation semifinals begin at 10 a.m. The finals are at 6 p.m.

“Kids have worked hard,†Blackman coach Ronnie Bray said of the strong county showing. “Hard work pays off, especially in this sport more than any other.â€

Blackman qualified a county-best four wrestlers to the Class AAA medal round. Wells faces defending state champ Bruno Reagan of Clarksville at 285 pounds. Wells was pinned by Reagan, a Vanderbilt football signee, earlier in the season.

“This means everything to me,†Wells said. “This is what I’ve been working hard for all year.

“I don’t care if he’s Bruno. I don’t care where he’s from. I don’t care what he got last year. I’m going to come at him with all I’ve got.â€

Blackman’s Ayinde Bakari (132), Josh Feuerbacher (138) and Tyler Sells (160) all are in the consolation semifinals. If they win their matches at 10 a.m. they will wrestle for third place. If they lose, they will wrestle for fifth place.

Sells’ performance on the mat has come despite wrestling on a torn ACL and MCL. He will have surgery after the season.

“It’s taken four years of hard work to finally get that one little piece of metal,†Sells said. “But that piece of metal means so much more to me than anyone will know.â€

Eagleville qualified three — Ellis Dodson (113), Hayden Hammonds (120) and Andrew Solomon (152) — to the consolation semifinals of the Class A/AA tournament. Dodson is attempting to become a two-time state medalist. Eagleville’s strong showing comes in the first season that the TSSAA split Division I into two classifications.

Kennedy wrestles Cleveland’s Josh Hamilton in the 170-pound Class AAA final. Kennedy is currently 40-0.

“I’ve gone out there every match and just done my best,†Kennedy said. “Whatever happens, happens.â€

Kennedy’s teammate, Nick Boykin, is in the consolation semifinals at 285 pounds. Oakland senior Jeff Benson also is in it after falling to Reagan 7-5 in the semifinals. It was the closest match Reagan has had this season.

“This is my first time placing,†Benson said. “I’m glad I get to wrestle for third.â€

Two of the finest young men at 132 from fabulous families. I hated that one. of them had to lose, but didn't hurt WC's cause. Region 1 was well represented @ 152. That was a right pin hold in the first period to fight out of. Congrats to Harrison's nemesis, Warren of RW!

THAT FEBRUARY RYAN RADISH PIE IS FULLY PREPARED AND READY FOR MR WEST!

CONGRATS TO THE BIG BLUE FINISHING SECOND TO RYAN.

HIXSON? NOT TOO SHABBY FOR THAT YOUNG TEAM. Told you so, Garrick! Best state individual tournament since Gordon Connell was there with Tom Popp & Randy Barton :)

PROUD OF BOTH RW & WC REPRESENTING MIDDLE TN QUITE WELL!