Noise Makers for '13 & 14 - All Divisions...

Sommers

Oh yeah. Was that wrestle90 you were showing that baby to? Remember, a happy wife is a happy life!

Happy Valentine's and Great season... Cleveland, not bad! Middle Tn showing some promise both 1aaa & D2 :)

No that was Ronnie Bray, you know, the now coach of your children's alma mater. But that was close. Edited by WrestlingGod

Two of the finest young men at 132 from fabulous families. I hated that one. of them had to lose, but didn't hurt WC's cause. Region 1 was well represented @ 152. That was a right pin hold in the first period to fight out of. Congrats to Harrison's nemesis, Warren of RW!

THAT FEBRUARY RYAN RADISH PIE IS FULLY PREPARED AND READY FOR MR WEST!

CONGRATS TO THE BIG BLUE FINISHING SECOND TO RYAN.

HIXSON? NOT TOO SHABBY FOR THAT YOUNG TEAM. Told you so, Garrick! Best state individual tournament since Gordon Connell was there with Tom Popp & Randy Barton :)

PROUD OF BOTH RW & WC REPRESENTING MIDDLE TN QUITE WELL!

Randy Batten not Barton. Get it right. Edited by glock22

Randy Batten not Barton. Get it right.

Trust me, i know how to spell his name. we both went to Hixson, he being my elder.  My HTC One thinks it knows how to spell half the time netter than i. 

Here"s another good one from Mo and a video taped interview again,,,

Clarksville wrestler one win from repeating undefeated season video wrestler Bruno Reagan will go for his second state title and second undefeated season Saturday after defeating Oakland's Jeff Benson in the Class AAA 285-pound semifinals

con't from Mo...

FRANKLIN â€” Scouting reports won’t be necessary for many of the Class AAA championship wrestling matches.

A number of Saturday’s 14 title clashes are rematches, including the 285-pound bout. Clarksville senior Bruno Reagan looks to close out a second straight undefeated season against Blackman’s Austin Wells. Reagan defeated Wells in the finals of the G.P. West/Bruin Invitational last month.

“A rematch against a good wrestler is always harder,†said Reagan, who pinned Wells with 53 seconds remaining in their previous match. “Good wrestlers learn from their mistakes, and that’s what Austin does. I definitely see a different game plan coming from him this time around, but I’m confident in my abilities and my solid wrestling that I can go through anything he puts up against me.â€

Reagan improved to 35-0 with his 7-3 semifinal win Friday over Oakland’s Jeff Benson. Wells advanced with a 4-3 decision over Walker Valley’s Zack Miller.

“The stakes are higher,†said Reagan, who finished 50-0 last year. “I’m expected to do it. I always expected to do it, but now my family, my coaches, my teammates expect me to do it, and that drives me even more. I’m very comfortable going into the finals.â€

At 220, Wilson Central’s John Kramer and Ravenwood’s Rex Shotts will square off for the third time this season after splitting their first two meetings. Kramer edged Franklin’s Josh Filbey 9-7 in the semifinals, with Shotts winning 8-3 against Heritage’s Jeb Davis.

Region 6-AAA rivals Patrick Dooley and Robin Klingensmith will wrestle for the fourth time, with Klingensmith looking for his first win. Franklin’s Dooley won in the G.P. West finals and in a duals match against Ravenwood prior to an 11-8 decision in last week’s region championship.

“I can’t wait to wrestle him,†Klingensmith said. “He’s a great wrestler. It’s going to be a great match. Every chance I get to wrestle him has helped. I’ve improved so much. It’s made me a better wrestler. I’ve worked on the moves he’s done against me, and it’s made me a lot better.â€

Wilson Central’s Austin Richard looks to avenge his only loss of the year against Cleveland 132-pounder Austin Stevison. Richard lost a 7-6 overtime decision in the finals of the Class AAA duals. Also, Wilson Central 126-pounder Lane Dickeson gets another shot at Cleveland’s Chris DeBien after losing by technical fall in the duals finals.

Cleveland leads the team competition with 184 points — 28.5 ahead of Wilson Central. Bradley Central (131), Ravenwood (113) and Soddy Daisy (107.5) round out the top five.

In Class A/AA, Alcoa’s 129 points has the Tornadoes ahead of Hixson (100.5) and Pigeon Forge (90.5). East Nashville is 11th with 34 points and is the top Midstate team.

Sycamore’s Seth Douglas will wrestle for the 126-pound title after defeating Hixson’s Isaac Yates 4-3. At 145, M.L. King’s Avery Martin is in the finals following a 6-3 win over Chattanooga Central’s Alonso Heyward. Forrest’s Tyler McClendon advanced to the 195-pound championship match with a 4-2 overtime decision against Hixson’s McKenzie Martin.

Father Ryan leads the Division II team competition with 185 points, ahead of McCallie (150.5) and Baylor (135). The Irish take eight into the championship finals — Eli King at 106 pounds, Kirby Simpson at 126, Chris Wesnofske at 132, Michael Eckhart at 138, Ryan Simpson at 145, Marcello Morrice at 152, Nick Naughton at 160 and John Hagey at 170.

Reach Maurice Patton at 615-259-8018 and on Twitter @mopatton_sports.