Top 23 Games for Week 0: Coalfield at Copper Basin

CoachT

I haven't seen the team play this year but from what Basin lost last year and what Coalfield returns its going to be tough for Basin. Playing probably the best team in the state isn't the best way to break in a new QB. However I do hope I am wrong. It'll be fun to watch regardless. Can't wait and hoping for an upset

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like your enthusiasm, but Coalfield should win it all. I'm not so sure anyone in 1A can beat them. It will be tough.

Oh definitely will be a tough game and a game Basin shouldn't win but not a game they can't win. I agree that Coalfield has a great shot at making a gold ball run this season but I think we are catching them at the right time by playing them first game. It will be a hot night, cramps will get some players, fatigue will set in since its early in the season, and also I don't care what anyone says, when your team is being labeled as preseason state champs kids will get the big head and could easily look over my cougars. Coalfield is a great team but I think Basin could stand a chance...if our boys play their best.

Coalfield should take this game handily.....no disrespect to Copper basin,  I mean, sheesh....they got four players on the pre-season all-state team.  Unless those two linemen (Stewart and Napier) step on a landmine, there ain't going to be much Copper Basin is going to be able to do with either of them.  They are going to blow people off the ball, then they are going to blow into the backfield.  If the outcome is still in doubt after 3 quarters, then my hats off to CB. 

Kaz

quick question for you more experienced Coacht guys...is there an app of any kind to get on your phone for coacht? I see guys updating scores on here on Friday nights and i'm assuming they don't take their lab tops to the game with them! haha

• Report or hear scores over the phone, call 1-877-9COACHT (1-877-926-2248)
  • Text score updates (SMS) to 615-763-9150
  • Use your cell phone to view scores and schedules, http://m.coacht.com/

Coalfield has one of the best lines in the state in any classification this year and returns 18 total starters. Already has a UT commitment lineman and another potential D1 prospect on the line and one of the fastest players in the state at running back. Should be the best season Coalfield has ever had but they could overlook Copper Basin looking ahead to their huge game in week two against Knoxville Catholic. With five all-state players on the team though it should still be a win for Coalfield.