Gallatin Wins! 24-23

danwastheman

Gallatin has been in 5A alot longer than beech. But they are 4-8 in the playoffs in 5A. Lets recap.....

1993 1st round lost to Oak Ridge 14-7

1994 1st round lost to Brainerd 42-40

1995 1st round lost to Red Bank 36-6

1996 1st round win over Red Bank 10-3

2nd round lost to Oak Ridge 28-7

1997 1st round win over Glencliff 21-20

2nd round lost to Mt Juliet 20-3

1998 1st round lost to Dickson Co 20-7

1999 1st round lost to McMinn Co 31-7

2000 Didnt make playoffs

2001 your best year in 5A playoffs

1st round win over Clarksville

2nd round win over Brentwood

3rd lost to Hendersonville

BUT....the one thing i will give gallatin credit is that they've made the playoffs every single year since 1976, except for 81, and 2000

For Beech, they have been in 5A for 3 yrs, this being the forth and they are 1-3. But im sure once we have been in 5A as long as gallatin, our 5A playoff history wont look as bad as gallatins.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the deal with you Beech fans? Haven't been in 5a that long? What does that mean? Are you saying your enrollment is 4a? Do you want people to feel sorry for your team or your program?

I'll tell you what it is. You guys are looking for respect and can't find it anywhere. You're 8-2 and didn't beat a good team on your schedule. The only decent teams you played (Hville and Hunters lane) you struggled to beat. Now you have to face a team in the first round that is good defensively and can shut you down.

You guys have one good offensive player and a bunch of roll players. There is nothing wrong with this!! Thank your coaches for making it work! Be happy! You guys sound so defensive in every post!

You will get the respect you crave after you beat some of the teams that are the better programs. This starts with Dickson county. Respect doesn't come overnight. Gallatin has this respect and have earned it over the last 15+ years.

Trying to run down what Gallatin has accomplished only makes you look foolish. Saying that your record will be better in the playoffs in years to come,well, as I stated earlier, that statement alone tells me that you crave respect and are willing to do or say anything to get it :D

A few things answered:

Gallatin sits on both sides of the stadium. And they have because of tremendious fan support. That has always been the case. Beech when we play at your place we sit on your side too. If you don't want us too then build a visitor side that will accomedate us.

R.J.Meadows. First he is a great player. Like it or not as Meadows goes so goes the Beech offense. He is hard to tackle and a good back. Foster looks good. But the rest of the offense...well I never really saw any other thing from them. John Michael Carver what one carry for -4 yards. Second, Meadows is a HOT DOG. Showboating is not classy.

Penalties: well 3 15yarders. The emotions of the Buc players may have gotten them in trouble a few times. The whole chin strap thing that has been mentioned? I thought equipment violations were 5 yarders. I could be wrong. I thought the afore mentioned penalty was aface mask or unsportsman like.

Total yardage: Beech may have had more. However the 83 yd kickoff return goes under total yardage not rushing yardage.

Give Beech their due. It was a great game. Beech came to play and gave us all we could handle. They have an excellent team. Dickson is in for a surprise.

Gallatin fans take note: If Gallatin plays like that then the state championship that so many up here in Gallatin think that they are gonna win may be in jeopardy. We have got to tackle better. The passing game...where is it at? Only one pass? Com'on people. You will not get far if we don't open up the offense. Finally ...our lack of aggressiveness in dealing with the smartmouths and showoffs. Hey if you know Gallatin football then you know that the behavior of those Buc players needed to be dealt with. Not personal fouls but straightout laying them on their backside. Johnson took some cheap shots our linemen need to use their size to cull that.

Great game again but lets fix some of the problems. If Beech wants a piece of us again then bring them on. Because next time yeah it will be different! Go Gallatin 10-0 and counting!!!!

First of all to gallatin people in this thread... You said we have been no body descent then why did we hang so close with yall..An second of all you say dickson co. has a good defense an can shut us down... Yall didnt so is that saying yalls defense is weak...i prove my point... No BEECH dosent get no respect...An BEECH FOOTBALL TEAM ISNT RJ MEADOWS.. JOHN MICHEAL CARVER IS A GREAT BACK... AN GRAIG FOSTER IS A GREAT QB... AN YALLS BIG BAD D LINE HATE TO BUST YALLS BUBBLE BUT WE DROVE IT UP AN DOWN THE FIELD ON YALL... RJ MEADOWS HAD 17 CARRIES FOR 163.. DANG YALLS D IS REALLY GOOD... SO BEFORE YOU TALK ABOUT US GETTING EASILY BEAT IN THE PLAYOFFS YALL HAVE A TOUGH ROAD STARTING WITH CHS.. An there running back TRACY BEECH IS AS GOOD OR BETTER THAN MEADOWS...... BOTH TEAMS FOUGHT HARD FRI NIGHT AN THEY BOTH SHOULD HAVE RESPECT FOR EACH OTHER.... An talking about not classy why dont u get yalls lil thugs off the feild in a football game an keep them in the stands... An hate to brake it up people BEECH proved a lot of people wrong expecially phishead.... An yall said yall would SHUT MEADOWS DONE YOU DIDNT I WOULD HAVE SHOWBOATED TO IF I HAD 163 YARDS AN 3 TOUCHDOWNS ON THE BIG BAD MACHINVE..LOL

THATS ALL

I am agreeing with P21. Both teams have big games coming up on Friday and need to pay attention to those. If they feel they need to read immature posts by some big head "Know it alls", then feel free to. Dandy, was all my spelling all right on here?? I know you have to be an English teacher if you point out grammatical errors on a message board.

P21.... We want to forget. But if Beech and Gallatin play each other again we want to be able to communicate.

GWAVE1.... This should help.

descent=decent

an=and

yall=you all

u=you

lil=little (not sure about this one)

brake=break

feild=field

expecially=especially (actually proud buc fan was this close)

done=down

machinve=machine

beach=beech

Also add periods where you believe they should be.