Oak Ridge football

rallykat

SS, I was up at Blankenship last night.  Jefferson was playing Rhea County.  Jefferson had about 20 players.  Rhea had atleast 70.  Jefferson had 2 coaches.  Rhea had a coaching staff.  It wasn't  a pretty sight.  22-0 at the half.  Jefferson couldn't get a first down.  Looked like they had a few good players, not nearly enough of them.  I was surprised at how Jefferson players were allowed to walk on and off the field, walk to the huddle etc.  It was ugly

Tell me about it. I was there too for some of it. That coaching staff is seriously lacking. Why were not some of the better players on offense not playing defense, too? Makes no sense to me. Something needs to be done at Jefferson. They have been bad for a pretty long time now. Thank God Robertsville has loads of talent or we would be hurting.

I was at the jamboree and I don't share all of catswilds concerns. Farragut did look very good. Powell looked good but not great. I think Central is a one man show and we'll be better than 5-5.

Well, im just hoping we can win one or maybe 2 games and hold Karns to under 50 after reading catswild and rallykats posts from last night. Sorry to be such a debbie downer, but i have just written this whole year off. I look forward to next season.

Exactly. I don't take much into account the scores of middle school games. I just look at talent for the most part and we definitely have that. Maryville has the luxury of having even great coaches at that level. That's why they have enjoyed the success they have had for so long. If we can get coaching like that at the MS level you will see the same or similar results at Oak Ridge with the kids we have now playing at Robertsville and Jefferson.

I don't know anything about Jefferson, but watching tape of the Robertsville game last year, I told my son that I thought they had the most talent of any team they played with the exception of Maryville.  You are right, the coaching was not very good, but it is not very good at the Middle School level at most places.

Dang Sweet you're starting to sound like Bear Bryant, Steve Surperior or Stars from over to Murvil. Maybe our poor little, weak boys will be able to at least make it down the 72 steps at the "Ship to take on those mighty Dragons after getting pounded by the Farr-a-gut-less blue bellies the week before. Goodness knows about the rest of the season. He said with tongue in cheek!!!

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL 

I think 5-5 would be possible if we played Murvul instead of Gibbs with losses to Farragut, McMinn, Powell and AC.  But I think we will win at least one of those four games.  Leaving 7-3 worst case.  You never know what might happen with a team this inexperienced.  They could surprise everybody and be better than expected, or they could really struggle to beat the better teams. 

I hate to say this OR fans, but I think Powell is the best team in this region and will be awfully hard to beat at their place.  They have back their senior all state qb, Owenby  Gardin is a true 4.4 guy at RB.  They have 4 receivers that could start anywhere which includes UT commit Middleton.  They return the defensive line that was very stout a year ago. 

The only advantage we have atleast on paper at this point is our O-line has a little more experience than theirs, but you know they'll be coached up. 

They just have alot of proven strengths that we don't have at this time. 

One note about the Farragut game.  The big kid Chapman is ineligible for the first two games.  I have only seen one scrimmage, but just from that I could tell.  Our defense is ALOT better with him on the field.

It's going to be a wild ride this season, buckle up and hang on. 

Boston, Clement, and Grabenstein are returning starters on the O line, and I think Alvarez got quite a bit of playing time last year as well. They will be carrying the load while the rest of the offense catches up, experience wise. Three of those four will probably also go both ways at DE and maybe even nose tackle until Chapman is eligible for the forth game.