8-AA 2013-14

dctiger

Last year's seniors accounted for just under half of Coach Martin's wins.

I THINK he has 201 wins and they account for roughly 90. (Some games from their freshman and sophomore season were deleted from the site so those two years i worked somewhat from memory; I do know their freshman year ended up being somewhat of a disappointment with the group of Hunter Poteete, Seth Willoughby, Payne Denman, Abram Edwards as seniors getting sent home in the first round of the district tourney.)

LA loses Hayes, Jolley, Ramsey, and McCoin.  And are still going to win the district? Wow.   Did all the other district teams lose a lot of players?  I can't imagine another team in the district being hit harder by graduation than LA.  I guess time will tell who will emerge.

They still have Eldridge, the best post in the district, and he's going to show that in my opinion. They bring back a guard (don't know his name right off-hand...Qualls maybe) that played significant minutes off the bench last year, and another kid who was very impressive in the JV games i saw last season. He threw down a couple of dunks against DC. Not to mention an incoming jr high class that won a state championship. I just dont think Upperman, my pick for 2nd, willl have anyone who can contain Eldridge. He can carry a team if need be.

And to answer your other question, they didnt go as far in the post season, but DC was hit just as hard by graduation, losing six seniors, all of whom played heavy minutes.

LA loses Hayes, Jolley, Ramsey, and McCoin.  And are still going to win the district? Wow.   Did all the other district teams lose a lot of players?  I can't imagine another team in the district being hit harder by graduation than LA.  I guess time will tell who will emerge.

DC barely lost to Howard with starters out to injury. We lost, Sonni, Atnip, Howell, Phillips, Molander, Vincent. We were basically depleted. They were all starters.

Upperman will be capable of winning the district but will miss Jones and Case. I think people are overlooking Cannon County. Smith County will be the most improved team. Macon will be in the mix. LA and DC both were hit hard by graduation. LA will still be pretty good but no longer a level above. Dekalb will be small. York will have the most size but who knows what they're trying to do.  

York just didnt look that great when i saw them. They were losing to teams they had no business losing to and Smith ran them off the floor, if i remember correctly.

Cannon will go as Henley does, i think. Larson is good, but Henley will be the focal point of a lot of defenses. Didnt they have a pretty good freshman last year as well?