WEEK 0: Oneida @ Rockwood

crow

I think that is a fair & accurate assessment. I will mention that @ Harriman we were short the starting QB to a minor ding that has healed & a starting wing / slot got dinged up & was less than 100% from the first series. Both should be fine for RW. They will definitely add to both sides as both also start in the secondary. We should be more productive with them back. I'm a homer so of course I say Oneida in a close one but RW by 7 @ RW, that would still be a dandy game. Either way this one goes, should be some pad poppin' goin' on for sure!

That's good to hear about those two boys getting back to health Crow!! I guess what intrigues me most about this game is the fact that this could be a round 1 or 2 playoff game when the time comes!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With West back the Indians gain much greater athletic ability in the secondary and another dynamic runner in the backfield.  I'd say the coaching staff may wait til the opener before they turn him loose....since the Jamboree is little more than a dress rehersal for game day.  The activities tomorrow night will be practically over before you get there.....I might save my gas til it is time to go to Rock-Vegas.  Still think the game will be a dandy.

Kazzy

With West back the Indians gain much greater athletic ability in the secondary and another dynamic runner in the backfield.  I'd say the coaching staff may wait til the opener before they turn him loose....since the Jamboree is little more than a dress rehersal for game day.  The activities tomorrow night will be practically over before you get there.....I might save my gas til it is time to go to Rock-Vegas.  Still think the game will be a dandy.

Kazzy

Kazzo, I believe you still owe me a coke from a  friendly wager from an Indian/Tiger clash from a few years ago!!!!  It is always a battle when these 2 teams play.  Both are physical and well prepared!

Dang Hanker.....I should be good for a pop!  I like this first game for us.....certainly not a cupcake used to grease the skids.  I think it might be doable, but you have to show up!  How did the scrimmage with Scott Co. go last night.  Wanted to go but had other commitments to attend too.  I haven't heard a thing, but wondered how it went?

Kaz

Dang Hanker.....I should be good for a pop!  I like this first game for us.....certainly not a cupcake used to grease the skids.  I think it might be doable, but you have to show up!  How did the scrimmage with Scott Co. go last night.  Wanted to go but had other commitments to attend too.  I haven't heard a thing, but wondered how it went?

Kaz

I had a football parent tell me last night that went said Scott High won 35-14. They said Scott High looked really good. That all they told me

Actually the score was shs 4 tds RW 1 (not counting the td the freshmen team scored). Rockwood didn't cross the 50 and only 1 first down with our starting line up.We ran a bunch of oregon style spread sweep option at them. They never could stop it. They scored on a pick six on our own 35. It was a hitch pass to the sideline and there defender came underneath (Small mistake but very costly)... it happens :/. Go get'em indians! Highlander nation is pulling for you!

Appreciate that 'lander. That pick 6 prolly never happens if the blitz off the edge was picked up. The QB had a guy all over him & just tried to get rid of it. Unfortunately he put a duck up & well, you know the rest. I'll have to say I was impressed with the way Scott high's boys played. They looked pretty dang good. Obviously the coaches & the boys are puttin' in a lot of work. Good luck to y'all as well.

Went to the Kingston to see a little football last night.  Most of my interest was in our future opponents because Cumberland County decided to sit players in their line-up.  Their choice but the kids that did play put up so little resistance it was hard to tell if Cumberland's Coach might have considered rethinking that strategy.  Rockwood and Oliver Springs made me stick around for a bit and I'm glad I did.  The Tigers and Bobcats looked pretty equal for the most part as neither team scored.  I did leave thinking it is entirely possible for the kids to beat both of them and can't wait for next Friday.  Glad I went now.

Kazzy 

Went to the Kingston to see a little football last night. Most of my interest was in our future opponents because Cumberland County decided to sit players in their line-up. Their choice but the kids that did play put up so little resistance it was hard to tell if Cumberland's Coach might have considered rethinking that strategy. Rockwood and Oliver Springs made me stick around for a bit and I'm glad I did. The Tigers and Bobcats looked pretty equal for the most part as neither team scored. I did leave thinking it is entirely possible for the kids to beat both of them and can't wait for next Friday. Glad I went now.

Kazzy

Cumberland County did not play there starters because they had a scrimmage the night before in East Ridge, coach told me he was going rest his starters at the jamboree.