Top Class A teams this year

SportsfanTN2010

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you would think that this is a Jackson County and Union City message board. I hate to break it to you, but class A has a lot of other teams that can win it. Thewy might be favored, but on the other side of the state such as Summertown, Collinwood, Houston County, Nashville Christian and then you have Clarkrange and Gibson who can beat any of those teams. I hope yall keep thinking that because I would be willing to bet that one of those 2 will not even make it to the championship game and neither team might not win it.

Totally agree with your point, but of course the only "ones" thinking it are fans not players & coaches. I actually think this is the year that that West TN has the better teams as a whole, especially with Gibson Co. coming into the Single A fold. Of the ones you mentinoed by name, not really sold on Nashville Christian or Collinwood, but I darkhorse would definitely be Houston Co! On a side note, better win a title now looks like that Lamar Rodgers is going to be adding some stars (plural) on the uni's.

• 2 weeks later...

South Greene wont be the calibur of a team they once was back in the 80's and 90's until about the 2015 2016 season. They probably have the best incoming freshman class as a whole I have seen in about 10 years in this part of East Tennessee.That is if they all go to South Greene? But from what I heard it's already a done deal.Debusk or Nolichucky has a girl that is a power foward I watched this summer and hands down she would start on any varsity high school basketball team in this area and that is including Science Hill and Dobyns Bennett.The other girls they have coming in run the floor like cats,guard you 90 feet and are fundamental as all get out for the age they are right now. But IMO one of the better teams in this area that noone has mentioned to get down to the state tournament will be Cloudland.Even though they lost D1 signee Brooke Rhodes they get back the best shooting guard in the conference who sat out last year and didn't even play in the state tournament plus return 4 starters and all of their bench. They gave Union City all they wanted last year for 4 quarters they just wasn't able to get baskets when they needed them down the stretch or get stops when they needed them down the stretch. They have made it to the state tournament 2 out of the past 3 years and this is by far one of the more deeper teams they have had in a while. Jackson County looked pretty good this summer.Not one of the better Jackson County teams I have seen but you can tell they have a state tournament calibur type team with the Coe girl still being there. Wouldn't be surprised to see Clarkrange back down there again.Always have good post  players that can score inside and guards who can get to the rim and shoot the ball well from the outside.Plust I heard where they just got a good incoming Freshman post player from York that could help them out,Any word to that?

South Greene wont be the calibur of a team they once was back in the 80's and 90's until about the 2015 2016 season. They probably have the best incoming freshman class as a whole I have seen in about 10 years in this part of East Tennessee.That is if they all go to South Greene? But from what I heard it's already a done deal.Debusk or Nolichucky has a girl that is a power foward I watched this summer and hands down she would start on any varsity high school basketball team in this area and that is including Science Hill and Dobyns Bennett.The other girls they have coming in run the floor like cats,guard you 90 feet and are fundamental as all get out for the age they are right now. But IMO one of the better teams in this area that noone has mentioned to get down to the state tournament will be Cloudland.Even though they lost D1 signee Brooke Rhodes they get back the best shooting guard in the conference who sat out last year and didn't even play in the state tournament plus return 4 starters and all of their bench. They gave Union City all they wanted last year for 4 quarters they just wasn't able to get baskets when they needed them down the stretch or get stops when they needed them down the stretch. They have made it to the state tournament 2 out of the past 3 years and this is by far one of the more deeper teams they have had in a while. Jackson County looked pretty good this summer.Not one of the better Jackson County teams I have seen but you can tell they have a state tournament calibur type team with the Coe girl still being there. Wouldn't be surprised to see Clarkrange back down there again.Always have good post  players that can score inside and guards who can get to the rim and shoot the ball well from the outside.Plust I heard where they just got a good incoming Freshman post player from York that could help them out,Any word to that?

That statment is completely untrue. Union City beat them by 15 easy and didnt play well the entire game. So not with you on Cloudland giving Union City all the wanted. However there is something to be said for making the State Tourney 2 out of 3 years.

That statment is completely untrue. Union City beat them by 15 easy and didnt play well the entire game. So not with you on Cloudland giving Union City all the wanted. However there is something to be said for making the State Tourney 2 out of 3 years.

Cloudland led at halftime 14-13, and trailed 26-24 at the end of three. Union City did not pull away from them until three minutes remained in the game. IMO, that is giving someone all they wanted.

I watched the game between UC and Cloudland and this game was alot closer than the score shows.  I honestly thought UC was going to get beat until right at the end of the game.  UC pulled away late but it was a battle throughout, i for one was glad UC won as they were a much easier match up for us than Cloudland would have been.  :popcorneater:

I agree devilfanatic.IMO Union City was by far the more athletic team but Cloudland was the better team overall. Cloudland always has a good game plan going into every game they play especially on the defensive end of the floor they just couldn;t get shots to fall down the stretch.They kept Union City in check for the most part because i knew just by watching the start of the game that they was more dangerous driving the ball than they were shooting the ball from the outside.They just had a kid that hit some crucial outside shots down the stretch and Cloudland just couldn't capitalize late in the game when they needed a bucket.But the big difference between this years team and last years team is they have one of the best scoring point guards in the area and thats thrown into the catagory of teams like Science Hill thats in our area..But she didn't get to play last season.like I said before this is probably the deepest team Cloudland has had in years but their conference and road to Murfreesboro will be a little tougher this year with North Greene,Hampton who returns everyone back that got put out by Jackson County last year and a very strong South Greene team who just dropped down from AA.Who ever makes it out of their district will be very deserving because it is a tough district to play in.

I agree devilfanatic.IMO Union City was by far the more athletic team but Cloudland was the better team overall. Cloudland always has a good game plan going into every game they play especially on the defensive end of the floor they just couldn;t get shots to fall down the stretch.They kept Union City in check for the most part because i knew just by watching the start of the game that they was more dangerous driving the ball than they were shooting the ball from the outside.They just had a kid that hit some crucial outside shots down the stretch and Cloudland just couldn't capitalize late in the game when they needed a bucket.But the big difference between this years team and last years team is they have one of the best scoring point guards in the area and thats thrown into the catagory of teams like Science Hill thats in our area..But she didn't get to play last season.like I said before this is probably the deepest team Cloudland has had in years but their conference and road to Murfreesboro will be a little tougher this year with North Greene,Hampton who returns everyone back that got put out by Jackson County last year and a very strong South Greene team who just dropped down from AA.Who ever makes it out of their district will be very deserving because it is a tough district to play in.

Not sure if you are familiar with the style of basketball union city played all year but offense was not their strong suit so keeping them from scoring wasnt hard to do. They were a defense first team and they tried to turn you over and score in the open floor. Never was a very good shooting team last year. If teams could handle the pressure from union city they had a chance in the game like Jackson County did. This game reminded me of the Louiville vs Michigan game where the pressure caught up with Michigan in the end of the game. Thats what happend in that game. Couldland just got wore down and began making mistakes that union city capitlaized on. If union city had a decent shooting game any team wouldn'tbe able to keep up.

Not sure if you are familiar with the style of basketball union city played all year but offense was not their strong suit so keeping them from scoring wasnt hard to do. They were a defense first team and they tried to turn you over and score in the open floor. Never was a very good shooting team last year. If teams could handle the pressure from union city they had a chance in the game like Jackson County did. This game reminded me of the Louiville vs Michigan game where the pressure caught up with Michigan in the end of the game. Thats what happend in that game. Couldland just got wore down and began making mistakes that union city capitlaized on. If union city had a decent shooting game any team wouldn'tbe able to keep up.

I was surprised at the lack of pressure UC put on JC. If they would have watched our Region Championship film they would have seen we did not do well with relentless pressure. I didn't think UC ever did that. The year before we had the 19 to 4 lead at halftime, UC came out pressing and it got them back in the game. Just think UC got out coached by a legendary coach in Jim Brown.

Edited by bob77

I was surprised at the lack of pressure UC put on JC. If they would have watched our Region Championship film they would have seen we did not do well with relentless pressure. I didn't think UC ever did that. The year before we had the 19 to 4 lead at halftime, UC came out pressing and it got them back in the game. Just think UC got out coached by a legendary coach in Jim Brown.

Well UC's pressure defense was sitting ont he bench with a torn ACL. They were unable to play the entire State Tourney in the manner that they played basketball all year due to injury so they had to adjust and play on. So it wasnt a matter of out coaching but rather an issue of being bitten by the injury bug and gave the best effort they possibly could. 100 % healthy UC would have been a completly different team in that tourney.