Oakland v, Riverdale

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My gosh man have the mighty fallen. I remember my first experience to Riverdale Football was in 2002. I was working with a lady who had a kid on the team. He was his senior year and she wanted me to shoot the kid and put something together for him. The first time I walked onto the side line I was extremely impressed. It was four deep just to get to the side line. This past Friday Night they had maybe 60 kids total. As for Friday Night against Oakland, I don't know how they score without some help from Oakland.

LOD I hate to say you told me so, but you told me so! Wow, I never thought I'd see the day!

LOD is usually spot on with this! He always tells it how it is! Have the utmost respect for him for not only that but many other reasons! For along time one of the top and most feared programs in Tenn now just becoming another door mat! Feel bad for the kids! Mr. Nolan should be ashamed!!

Edited by warhawks

LOD is usually spot on with this! He always tells it how it is! Have the utmost respect for him for not only that but many other reasons! For along time one of the top and most feared programs in Tenn now just becoming another door mat! Feel bad for the kids! Mr. Nolan should be ashamed!!

I agree , no way no how should Riverdale be allowed to fall like this , I'm starting to agree with LOD too , time for new blood , fresh ideas ... I know this is one game , but this is based on the last few years to me .

Wow. Never thought i'd see the day, either. All those extra HS's in the Boro definitely hasn't helped Riverdale, but Oakland has the same issue, so it's really no excuse. Will Riverdale ever rekindle the glory days????

Not the other schools.  Just a head coach that is WAY over his head.  While a very good coach for a 4a sized team, he had no idea how to handle a BIG program properly.

There are still the kids walking the halls to have a GREAT team again.  Just most have been run off because of NO HOPE of playing time as it is a 1st team only with no preparation made for backups.  Also WAY too many HAVING to play both ways.

While I know Coach A does not like to pass, preparations still need to be made for when you do have to use it.  Not just depending on the ability of great QB's alone also.

Congratulations Oakland.  You deserved this win.

Some payback going on out there tonight.  I've never seen one coaching staff just humiliate another like that.

Riverdale has arrived where they've been headed the last few years. 

Was there a handshake at the end?

Oakland is loaded but better cut out all the silly mistakes.

Some payback going on out there tonight.  I've never seen one coaching staff just humiliate another like that.

Riverdale has arrived where they've been headed the last few years. 

Was there a handshake at the end?

Oakland is loaded but better cut out all the silly mistakes.

Its the first game, TDC. Its a rivalry, feelings are going to get hurt. Oakland pretty much could have named the score yet chose to bench their starters midway thru the 3rd. I think thats pretty classy, IMO