Oakland v, Riverdale

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see oakland as being scary right now. This game was more of how "down" riverdale is and not how "up" oakland is. I haven't been inpressed by oakland yet. They still have a lot of work to do, just like everyone else in the county.

I'm going to have to go the other direction on this.

Coaches often say the biggest improvement happens between the 1st and 2nd game of the season.  If that is true, Oakland is indeed a beast this year.  They have a pair of linebackers in the 6-3/225 range that are bigger than the starting linemen at many high schools.  I agree that Riverdale will endure a dreaded rebuilding year and that the wing-t may hurt them unless they have that certain QB which they have had a string of for years.  (Riverdale might get wins over the north county schools - that would be 3 wins and if they win a few outside of 7aaa, maybe not a disaster year all in all, maybe even a winning season but no playoffs)

But Oakland?  They are ready to make a run.

27-7 wasn't enough to call off the dogs, thus calling you last time out with 1:28 on the clock before the half. Next play sack, fumble plus a scoop and score then score on your first position of the third and the coaches left the press box. So 41-7 was the magic number. I though the call of the night was when Riverdale was leaving the field at the end of the first half and a guy yelled "hey Aydelott don't stop, just keep walking".

Losing a team is one thing losing a program is something else! :popcorneater:

At least no one can blame me for yelling it as I was NOT there.  I will admit I agree with the sentiment though.  LOL

I WILL get to see a copy of the game though to make my private analysis and will not say anything specific to this game.

I WILL say one general observance is the two things R'dale was known state wide for was the strength of the players and the fact they had MULTIPLE LINES both on offense and defense.  With these various lines coming in either by ones or twos or enMASS, they did not drop off about knowing the plays.  They either had them down cold or they never saw the field during a game.  This now is NOT the case.  That is not players fault.

Lines are the basis the entire game based on.  Some people seem to have forgotten this when it came to their 'magic system', be it WingT or whatever.  Throwing UN prepared Freshmen into the grinder is NOT a way to successfully develop them.  Freshmen QB's need to be playing and leading a successful FRESHMAN team first and foremost.  There is time to develope their timing and skill after the Freshman season is over.  You know like when we were WAY ahead during the early playoff rounds!

At least no one can blame me for yelling it as I was NOT there.  I will admit I agree with the sentiment though.  LOL

I WILL get to see a copy of the game though to make my private analysis and will not say anything specific to this game.

I WILL say one general observance is the two things R'dale was known state wide for was the strength of the players and the fact they had MULTIPLE LINES both on offense and defense.  With these various lines coming in either by ones or twos or enMASS, they did not drop off about knowing the plays.  They either had them down cold or they never saw the field during a game.  This now is NOT the case.  That is not players fault.

Lines are the basis the entire game based on.  Some people seem to have forgotten this when it came to their 'magic system', be it WingT or whatever.  Throwing UN prepared Freshmen into the grinder is NOT a way to successfully develop them.  Freshmen QB's need to be playing and leading a successful FRESHMAN team first and foremost.  There is time to develope their timing and skill after the Freshman season is over.  You know like when we were WAY ahead during the early playoff rounds!

It doesn't sound like you need to watch the tape. Oakland had 350 yards on the ground and 349 was straight ahead. No push on offense, no resistance on defense. I think they call it smashmouth! You don't get beat 41-7 doing many things well. They may win against the teams they can match-up with, but Oakland is not one of those teams. As for the wing T, good luck with that. You must have a QB that can read it and run it and yeah uh not so much. I think a great coach first recognizes the talent he has and coaches around them, but those guys in high school football are few and far between. Most have their system and you either run it, not play or leave. :popcorneater:

I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of some coacht posters. LOD, nobody cares about your private analysis of the game or anyone who agrees with any thoughts you have.  

Spoken like a faithful assistant that will probably lose his gig this year. 

As to my analysis you do not have to worry it is for my personal use and will never be on here.  From talking to a couple of folks who's knowledge and opinion I trust it was fairly simple to see.  'A' did NOT have a team ready ON TIME!

Spoken like a faithful assistant that will probably lose his gig this year. 

As to my analysis you do not have to worry it is for my personal use and will never be on here.  From talking to a couple of folks who's knowledge and opinion I trust it was fairly simple to see.  'A' did NOT have a team ready ON TIME!

Go watch practice and you will see a big drop off in talent. Talent has ALWAYS been the reason Riverdale has won games. Coach A had the team as ready as possible,it is not as you think, just have this big, bad tough attitude and everything will be fine. As for people who's opinion and knowledge you trust ,I think you need to find some new folks. They are as clueless as you. I am not an assistant either. 

Edited by hardtackle