Week 1: Hampton @ Oneida

crow

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice to be part of a thread where neither team (except for one "Hampton fan", doesn't trash talk, and each team has respect for the other

He's not a Hampton fan anyway,all he does is try to fire up whoever Hampton plays. No one is gonna pay that one any attention.Just a troll acting like a troll.

good call on the key games....  wasnt the answer i was looking for, but i get the point.  i am sure you know what i was getting at. obviously all are important but i was asking for tough matchups?  i cant make my mind up on this one.  i think it will be a good one as long as both teams take it a play at a time.  it will definetly ( imo) come down to whom ever commits the fewest turnovers.  i see the special teams being "special" in this matchup.  ( pardon the pun )  what are the concerns or confidence will each team bring?   pujo/ crow.... who gets the edge in the special team catagory

ToyBoy.....I'm not sure who has the edge, but the West kid returns kickoffs and punts for Oneida and he is VERY hard to grab in the open field.  If the Hampton kickers outkick their coverage it will be hard to catch that jitterbug. (and Bowling is pretty fast too)  The kicker for Oneida sent everything right down the center last week. (2 FG, 1 PAT)  Don't know how the Bulldog kicker is, but ours seems to become a little more sure of himself each game.  We got a Freshman punting it, but he seemed to hit it pretty good last week.  No idea what his average was, but I don't think Rockwood returned any of his punts. (at least I don't remember)

Gonna be a fun game win or lose.

Kazzanity

good call on the key games....  wasnt the answer i was looking for, but i get the point.  i am sure you know what i was getting at. obviously all are important but i was asking for tough matchups?  i cant make my mind up on this one.  i think it will be a good one as long as both teams take it a play at a time.  it will definetly ( imo) come down to whom ever commits the fewest turnovers.  i see the special teams being "special" in this matchup.  ( pardon the pun )  what are the concerns or confidence will each team bring?   pujo/ crow.... who gets the edge in the special team catagory

Yeah, I definitely get what you were looking for, I'm just not gonna give anyone any bulletin board material. Trust me, no matter what answer I gave there would've been a "glad to see Oneida is overlooking __________, I guess _________ shouldn't even bother playing blah, blah, blah", didn't feel like dealing with that. That's why I posted the schedule, you know enough about this stuff, I'm sure it was easy to find the answer you were looking for.

As for straight out toughest opponent scheduled, all indications point to Coalfield as far as just all around team. Rumor has it they're having a special year, we'll find out how special in due time.

Edited by crow

I think I'll concede the kicking game, As far as concerns,we've got plenty,youth ,inexperience ,injuries ,long ride and Oneida. You add that to all the penalties and turnovers we had last week, I hope our coaches can sleep. Hopefully we can play a cleaner game this week..As for my part ,I'm sure not ready to throw in the towel,this has the makings of a pretty good team.