Week 1: Hampton @ Oneida

crow

Well Pujo, sorry we didn't get to visit longer last night, I looked for ya all evening but didn't see ya until just before kickoff. You Hampton fellars were right, dang near didn't recognize him with the fresh do & no KC gear. Sure didn't need no jacket last night that's for sure. I was proud of our boys last night, they played with tremendous effort & they sold out for their team mates all night. Showed a lot of PCC & definitely bled out, O+ all night. Hampton was what I expected Hampton to be, big, strong, good speed, physical, and an effective passing game. Like I was expecting also Oneida will be better having played them & I believe Hampton will be as well. Glad to get the win, I think both sides came out relatively injury free, & hope everyone made it home safe. Best of luck he rest of the way dogs, I'll be pulling for ya until the ride comes to a complete stop or we meet again.

I'm an Oneida fan every week but one.Hope you guys have a great year. We gonna have to pick it up a notch.We need a w in a big way,a little confidence and just feeling good about yourself can go along ways. I think we'll be fine. Glad both sides stayed healthy.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an Oneida fan every week but one.Hope you guys have a great year. We gonna have to pick it up a notch.We need a w in a big way,a little confidence and just feeling good about yourself can go along ways. I think we'll be fine. Glad both sides stayed healthy.

Hampton will be fine. Everybody just needs to be patient with them. They're gonna be a special group

Wow! Are we so bad that a loss to us at our place is reason to start questioning the coaching staff & a call for heads to roll? I thought we were a little better group than that :lol:

If you notice, that guy only has 47 posts. I wouldn't put him in a group yet. The bar is set very high at Hampton. Its almost like a mirror image of cloudland in 02-03. I watched fans lose their minds over how good our team was. I lost my mind :) All of a sudden, you've got people in the dressing room who should'nt be there. It seems a lot of people can't get a grip on winning and losing in sports. Its gonna happen to all of us eventually

Looks as if the Landers are out of the gate and running. Its very early and hopefully the injury bug will stay away from our single A teams. Looks as if the Landers are heads above everyone else right now some have a little catching up to do. The fun has just started so sit back and enjoy the ride.

I'll bookmark this post and get back with you after the season is over. You could very well be right but anything can happen over the coarce of a year. One thing I have learned is pride cometh before the fall. If you think for one second that Hampton will be a pushover, you are living in a dream world. Cloudland is doing really well and they have alot of great kids and the Coach is doing a  great job. I'd just let it go at that. 

8-2 ?I don't see us beating HV, JC or Cloudland right now. I am very disappointed right now. All I have heard was how good we were going to be, how dominant our line was going to be, that our 2nd string line was almost as good as our 1st. Looks to be much ado about nothing. I look on the sideline and see 10 coaches. That's almost 1 coach per player, and we still cant get things organized. Seems there is always an excuse when we lose, not to mention the fact that people now call us Transfer U. We cant win with our own players or with other peoples players. Might be time to look in the mirror and see where blame lies. Lots of problems to clean up before we can actually be a TEAM.

You are either with us or against us, if you are for us,act like it,if not,why even post. Pointless in my opinion.

Thats right anything can happen at any time, thats why I said I hope the injury bug stays away from ALL our teams. Also never said Hampton would be a pushover. Hampton has always been full of PRIDE.  I happen to know the Landers have worked very hard this preseason and they want it really bad. Also have a coach that the kids respect the coach and he has EARNED it. Good luck Landers it time to bring the championship to the Roan!

Well, that was a bowl full.  I saw a helmet or two fly.....C. West was just a gamer (ran right through that tackle)......Cheetah had the jets on last night......Defense made enough plays to keep pressure off the Offense.....looked like a ton of improvement from a week ago.  The staff certainly did their homework and we looked pretty sharp most of the evening.  Pujo, think you should let your hair grow back out, Sampson did better with the long locks. :thumb:   Just kidding, Keep the Skillet Slinger from taking what took forever to grow, Bro.  I thought Hampton just caught us on a good night and your crew will certainly get better.  This one was just "growing pains".  Your better off from having played it.  Put her back in the fire boys......got more Bulldogs coming up next week!

Kazzy Khan

You are either with us or against us, if you are for us,act like it,if not,why even post. Pointless in my opinion.

You're exactly right, Hampton is NO pushover. I also agree with the either with us or against us. That's what my "O+" comments are about. At Oneida, we term that as O+ or O- not much room in between far as I see it. Y'all are fine, there is a lot to consider when traveling 3 hours with a lot of inexperience. For the record Pujo, junior is already a baller, what year is he? If he's got a year or two left, he's gonna make some big headaches before he's finished. PCC ole pal :thumb:

"2sweet" u might need to b smacked around a little! Don't waste ur time or even ur money, heck ill give u a extra 10 just to not come to the game if u wanna talk trash and not support the DOGS! We cant b wat all of us small town ppl expect every yr, they was many yrs when we didnt do to well at all, it takes time! One thing is for sure BULLDOGS always have PRIDE and GUTS, these seems to b missing that part right now. It will all fall in place eventually, if we have a down yr o well, i do hate it for the seniors but there's plenty of time for improvement! On a side note, i myself believe theres just a few too many coaches for this hampton team, some off them would b better of in the stands! Theres 1 or 2 there that i kno dont kno much

You're exactly right, Hampton is NO pushover. I also agree with the either with us or against us. That's what my "O+" comments are about. At Oneida, we term that as O+ or O- not much room in between far as I see it. Y'all are fine, there is a lot to consider when traveling 3 hours with a lot of inexperience. For the record Pujo, junior is already a baller, what year is he? If he's got a year or two left, he's gonna make some big headaches before he's finished. PCC ole pal :thumb:

I love that about Oneida ,they are united  and the posters stick with um through thick and thin. It wasn't a disgrace to get beat by Oneida,everyone knew it would be an uphill task beffore we played. The ride,the heat ,youth and Oneida was our problems.

As far as JR goes ,he's a sophmore. He's not very physically matured yet. Knows how to play hard ,just needs to get bigger ,stronger and faster.He'll work at it. Thanks for the props,that should make him proud.