Grundy County @ Sequatchie

warrior1981

I don't think that was an upset.

Yous es right. Yous has to beats sumbody to bes up high fors sumbody tos upsets yous. Whos has dis bunch of coachs evers beats to bes up high? Nosbodys. A .500 records en 4 years ens 0-4 ens dem playsoffs en 1 games below .500 agens. Ens dat Kolquitt never did has no troubles beatins Grundy whens hes wus in Jasper. Nos upsets. Nos way.

Maybes I's jokin en maybes yous should check dem records.

So I hear my name's being called in vain here? Nice. Mr. Dillard is correct in one thing. I wouldn't vote for a certain someone to be in the HOF at Grundy because they're outstanding achievements....weren't done at Grundy. Pretty simple.

On a question that actually matters... Can someone who gets the TFP post the # of Penalties and yards for Both teams on here please. I've got our set but I think we actually missed recording one or two on the stat sheets. I assume the ones in the paper are what Sequatchie called in and I'd just like to compare. And no I'm not blaming anything on the refs I just want to see the numbers because a lot of people are blaming the refs...which is silly. The only time I've ever seen officials cost anyone a game anywhere it was ONE blown call in a game. Lots more factors last night than penalties no matter what some experts think. The closer you are to the field the easier it is to see more mistakes/screw ups/inappropriate action. Frankly I thought the refs did an excellent job last night by not throwing anyone out. I saw kids on both sides that could have been tossed if refs with less cool were on the field. Very glad we got out of there with no ejections.

Del (who doesn't say as much on here anymore except on the fishing boards. Would be fishing today but since it's the wife's birthday I figured I didn't want to pick up all my stuff out of the yard after a fishing trip.)

You brought up Colquitt so while he was at Grundy he won also. He was there from 2001 to 2004 with a total record of 28-18. The best season was his 2nd year at 9-3. His first year was 7-4 and 3rd year 7-5 and last year was 5-6. Every year he had a playoff appearance and 2 of those was to the second round. But here again last night we got out coached! Dillard my thoughts exactly why didn't Nolan touch the ball more than he did. Also why didn't when our defensive back get beat twice why didn't we go to our bench and try someone else. We wanted our numbers to be up on our roster but at the most all we play is 20 players and the rest just stand there that's even how it is at practice. Just imagine how effective Nolan would be running if he didn't have to play iron man football? We got out hustled last night too. One particular play that stands out to me was we had a reciever at the 45 yard line near the sideline and a ball was thrown short to him and sequatchies safety came from mid field and dove and nearly had the interception. While grundys receiver just stood there and watched. That's playing with heart,pride and enthusiasm! Honestly I see Grundy being 3-7 with the Chattanooga Christian game determining whether we finish 4-6. My opinion is Grundy needs to start a serious search for a proven high school football coach and staff!

Everybody within 5 states knows how I feel about the guy so I'm not going to debate this more than this post. His record and what he should have achieved stand behind several coaches in various sports that I would easily consider before I'd vote for him. But I'm just one vote and next year there will be several more votes as all who get in that are still with us get to vote. We are inducting a couple this year that have passed on and no one gets to vote for them. Also when we induct the 98 girl's team they only get one vote as a whole. Nominations will be opened up in the spring for next year's class. The public can nominate and then all on the committee and those who have been put in this year will vote. I'm just one vote.

Honestly, I'm more worried about our athletic programs and our student athletes future in college than I am this hall of fame. We have athletic programs that's struggling that's looking for help and answers and its getting looked over. Not sure the reasons why?

I'm really glad to see that more people are feeling this way besides me. This is getting really old, and fast I must say. I noticed tonight in defense especially they were talking about the secondary being young. That was wrong most of the game till the fourth quarter there were junior an seniors filling them positions. Don't know about other Grundy fans but this ones ready for a change    

so glad the coach told the team that he was humiliated after the game.  he should be. but I disagree with the reasoning for the humiliation.  it is not the kids fault the game was blown.  a kid being a kid doing doughnuts doesn't lose ballgames.  the talent is there, the coaching isn't.