Grundy County @ Sequatchie

warrior1981

So I hear my name's being called in vain here? Nice. Mr. Dillard is correct in one thing. I wouldn't vote for a certain someone to be in the HOF at Grundy because they're outstanding achievements....weren't done at Grundy. Pretty simple.

On a question that actually matters... Can someone who gets the TFP post the # of Penalties and yards for Both teams on here please. I've got our set but I think we actually missed recording one or two on the stat sheets. I assume the ones in the paper are what Sequatchie called in and I'd just like to compare. And no I'm not blaming anything on the refs I just want to see the numbers because a lot of people are blaming the refs...which is silly. The only time I've ever seen officials cost anyone a game anywhere it was ONE blown call in a game. Lots more factors last night than penalties no matter what some experts think. The closer you are to the field the easier it is to see more mistakes/screw ups/inappropriate action. Frankly I thought the refs did an excellent job last night by not throwing anyone out. I saw kids on both sides that could have been tossed if refs with less cool were on the field. Very glad we got out of there with no ejections.

Del (who doesn't say as much on here anymore except on the fishing boards. Would be fishing today but since it's the wife's birthday I figured I didn't want to pick up all my stuff out of the yard after a fishing trip.)

23 penalties, 14 SC 9 Grundy. Three on Grundy were on one play, illegal procedure and two unsportsmanlike. Easy to miss some as said.

• Upvote 1

Thats what I am hearing too yellerjacket. Here's my thought or opinion. Since he and his family were players there and he is passionate about Grundy football and wants to see it succeed. If I couldn't get the job done as a coach or an assistant I would put my pride aside as a coach and do what's best for the team and the athletes. This has nothing to do with anything personal its just about winning football games and getting my athletes to the next level. But like I say this is just my opinion.

This is what happens when you bring in a coach with no experience and he has a staff full of family members. This was a bad hire from the start. Maybe five years is not enough time? How can there be 40 on the pass list? Looks like the whole family is on the field...

There is no bouncing back. The next 3 games are losses. Honestly I see Grundy being 3-7 with the Chattanooga Christian game determining whether we finish 4-6. The only other Grace teams we have left is Bledsoe and Cumberland County. We have lost to many puzzle pieces. You must be on the pass list? Opie and yellerjacket I found one!

Edited by Beavcleaver

There is no bouncing back. The next 3 games are losses. Honestly I see Grundy being 3-7 with the Chattanooga Christian game determining whether we finish 4-6. The only other Grace teams we have left is Bledsoe and Cumberland County. We have lost to many puzzle pieces. You must be on the pass list? Opie and yellerjacket I found one!

no crying in bus driving either.....maybe the next coach will allow busdrivingbillygoat to announce and drive the bus

This is what happens when you bring in a coach with no experience and he has a staff full of family members. This was a bad hire from the start. Maybe five years is not enough time? How can there be 40 on the pass list? Looks like the whole family is on the field...

His whole family is not on the field. Most of his family are up in the stands cheering for the team. Not like most of the fans that I see that just sit there like its a social event or something. They may as well be home watching TV. These coaches and players need our support during the games. The only time I see people even stand up and cheer is when we score. I never have a voice left on Saturday morning even when we are losing I will cheer the coaches and players on like a fan should.