Dyersburg vs Haywood

Trojan

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some young players will need to really step it up Friday night against Haywood.

Dyersburg lost another key defensive starter Friday night early in the JCM game when pre-season all state defensive end Henderson went out for the season with a knee injury.

The defensive unit is running on fumes.   TIME TO COWBOY UP!

I guess nobody believed me.......Haywood scored more on dyersburg than they did on booker t washington last week, that says it all right there....

All is not lost as the Trojans will get ample opportunity to get some playing time for younger and inexperienced players on defense.....

Over the next three weeks some of the injured will return, but some are out for the season that is how it goes.....

Right now, Dburg needs to focus on getting better defensively, and taking one game at a time....who knows what the future will hold.....dyersburg has a solid offense, by the end of the season, the defense may be where it needs to be to make a good run....

So, the question is, how good is Haywood, or maybe,how bad is Dyersburg?

Has Dyersburg fallen this far since last year?

Stuff like this is why I always like to see my team play 3 games before assessing how good or bad they are. One week or two weeks can be a fluke, but after 3weeks, you get a trend established.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

...Stuff like this is why I always like to see my team play 3 games before assessing how good or bad they are. One week or two weeks can be a fluke, but after 3weeks, you get a trend established.

AMEN chargerfan!!!!  The boys need some time to settle in and learn to apply what they have been preparing for since last November.  

So, the question is, how good is Haywood, or maybe,how bad is Dyersburg?

Has Dyersburg fallen this far since last year?

Stuff like this is why I always like to see my team play 3 games before assessing how good or bad they are. One week or two weeks can be a fluke, but after 3weeks, you get a trend established.

None of the above...

Pre season, dyersburg was loaded and appeared to be set to make a deep run this year.

Last night, we scored 24 on Haywood, and was stopped 3 other times inside the 15 and came away with no points. If you recall the last two years Dyersburgs defense had been pretty good.

The problem is that Dyersburg defense has been blasted by injuries, one all state defensive end out for the rest of the season, and about 3 other critical defensive players are out. In high school, 4 starters in key positions on one side of the ball are a disaster, especially in 4a and smaller.

But all is not lost, as some of those will be back over the next few weeks and most will be back by Crockett County. The good news is that these younger players are getting the experience now, when we may need it in the playoffs.