Clinton vs. Oak Ridge

boyfromsi

Great game wildcats!! Saw some big hits out there tonight, that's what we need. I still think we are weak against the run, but I also think this Clinton team is going to put up some rushing yards against a lot of teams. They looked much better to me.

Great atmosphere, really enjoyed the game. I was especially grateful to see our cheerleaders welcome Mr. Clark on their mat. Nice touch of class in my book, plus fun to watch. I could have done without the other cheerleaders out there at the same time. Too much going on at once on the sideline, it was borderline annoying.

9-1....you heard it here first!!

Run defense definitely needs to improve, but it seemed like every time Clinton got down around the 20 or 30 our run defense bowed up. Definitely need to improve, though. We are gonna meet much better rushing attacks then Clinton's later on in the season and in the playoffs. Jaylin is a natural at the QB position. Ted Mitchell has some soft hands out there. One thing i saw, which i liked was seeing coach Gaddis chewing butt on the sidelines throughout the WHOLE game. Just like nick saban for alabama he is a perfectionist and never satisfied. He was chewing a** up 44-7. 

Edited by SweetScience

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Run defense definitely needs to improve, but it seemed like every time Clinton got down around the 20 or 30 our run defense bowed up. Definitely need to improve, though. We are gonna meet much better rushing attacks then Clinton's later on in the season and in the playoffs. Jaylin is a natural at the QB position. Ted Mitchell has some soft hands out there. One thing i saw, which i liked was seeing coach Gaddis chewing butt on the sidelines throughout the WHOLE game. Just like nick saban for alabama he is a perfectionist and never satisfied. He was chewing a** up 44-7.

how about 14!! does he change direction or what. I really like watching him with the ball.

That kid is awesome! That one TD run was unreal. I thought he was tackled for about a 2 yard gain and BANG, he cut. My dad looked at me with his jaw wide open, he couldn't believe it lol. Kid is special with the ball in his hands.

AGREED. The field looked good tonight, I'm sure all you "old timers" liked seeing the old emblem back on the field!!

That kid is awesome! That one TD run was unreal. I thought he was tackled for about a 2 yard gain and BANG, he cut. My dad looked at me with his jaw wide open, he couldn't believe it lol. Kid is special with the ball in his hands.

AGREED. The field looked good tonight, I'm sure all you "old timers" liked seeing the old emblem back on the field!!

Oh, you know it!

Should have it in place by next year Gaddis said at the QB Club meeting last month.

I'm torn. I really enjoy the older traditions like the old emblem, the steps, and hearing 2 bits 4 bits from old man Clark. I also have an appreciation for this generation and the normal progression of this generation making their own mark on the program like the interlocking OR emblem and frankly, turf. Blankenship will be different with turf, and some will say better, and some will say worse.

I'm torn. I really enjoy the older traditions like the old emblem, the steps, and hearing 2 bits 4 bits from old man Clark. I also have an appreciation for this generation and the normal progression of this generation making their own mark on the program like the interlocking OR emblem and frankly, turf. Blankenship will be different with turf, and some will say better, and some will say worse.

It wouldn't bother me if they didn't change the grass honestly. It just bothers me not seeing the traditional emblem. To me the teams with bigtime traditions just should never change that. I don't wanna be like every other HS and College teams and change it every 2nd or 3rd year. That to me is just ridiculous and screams "we have no identity" OR has an identity and should never forfeit it. I know it may sound ridiculous to some a grown man thinking that about a helmet emblem, but that emblem was on most all of our state championship teams. Just screams OR football, to me.

Gaddis looked insane. LOL What could he have been so mad about while we were up 35 points? He was a d*** maniac but the kids seem to love him. Is it ok to be that mad when ahead? Did he even enjoy the win? I wouldn't be surprised to see the guy have a heart attack out there! But I think the crowd was due to him primarily. He has something about him that I can't quite put my finger on. He chewed out a couple of guys but they seem to adore the lunatic! LOL I heard one talking to his Dad and Mom after the game about the chewing he took and he said Gaddis was right to chew him but he said it was "real bad".......but he loves the guy! LOL

Gaddis looked insane. LOL What could he have been so mad about while we were up 35 points? He was a d*** maniac but the kids seem to love him. Is it ok to be that mad when ahead? Did he even enjoy the win? I wouldn't be surprised to see the guy have a heart attack out there! But I think the crowd was due to him primarily. He has something about him that I can't quite put my finger on. He chewed out a couple of guys but they seem to adore the lunatic! LOL I heard one talking to his Dad and Mom after the game about the chewing he took and he said Gaddis was right to chew him but he said it was "real bad".......but he loves the guy! LOL

I think he is insane! Lol , but he can flat motivate. I heard the man talk to the team at haltime because it was outside behind the buses and I honestly thought I was going to pass out because of the blood rushing to my head with excitement. I can't imagine what it must be like to play for the guy. OMG he can fire up a cemetary!!!!

LOL seems like it has worked pretty good for Saban, don't you think? lol He is the EXACT same way. Personally, i would like to play for a coach who demands excellence. Any great coach is that way. Joe is old school. Maybe he goes a little too far at times, but it's just the way he is. He is not for the faint of heart, that's for sure.