Clinton vs. Oak Ridge

boyfromsi

This is a really good group of freshmen.  They play extremely hard and they are fun to watch.  Got some hitters out there too. 

Hey Nole,  I counted about 50 ninth graders last night.  If you had to venture a guess right now.  How many of those 50 or so do you think will still be playing football for Oak Ridge in 2016-2017 season?  

I'm hoping that we have 30 plus seniors on that team 3 years from now.  That would be way above average in this day and age.  That could be alot of fun if indeed it does happen.

Also Nole, when will TJ Allison become eligible? That kid can flat out run the football.  One coach told me last night that he is a tougher runner than anybody they have on varsity.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know about TJ's eligibility. 30 sounds about right for these kids to last. Two very good corners/WR playing hoops instead of football have said they expect to join this class next year. Mlekodaj  (great DE) will be back next year. Hope for a couple of transfers into this class (always a lot of talk going on).

Oak Ridge freshmen (plus a handful of sophs) ended 28-6 over Clinton. OR was able to empty the bench tonight. Good to see everyone play.

OR - Chase Kimbro 1 yd TD run (Kimbro kick no good)               6-0

Cl - 55 yard TD interception return (2 pt no good)                       6-6

OR - Stefan Mortl 2 yd TD run (Mortl to Tee Higgins for 2pt xp)  14-6

OR - Stefan Mortl 16 yd TD pass to Tee Higgins (Kimbro kick)    21-6

OR - Stephan Mortl 38 yd TD pass to Tee Higgins (Mortl kick)    28-6

OR rushing: 34 carries for 209 yds; passing 6 of 10 for 83 yds (2 TD/ 2 int)

Cl rushing 23 carries for 25 yds; passing 5 of 13 for 28 yds (1 int)

OR rushing: Kimbro 8/70; Mortl 5/48; TJ Allison 4/29; Jacob Gross 3/17; Higgins 1/16; Jaret Miner 5/12; Elijah Williams 6/8; Jeffery Flanagan 3/7

OR passing: Mortl 6 of 9 for 83 yds (2TD/2int); Gross 0 of 1

OR recieving: Higgins 5 for 87 yds and 2 TDS; Kimbro 1 for -4

OR defended 36 plays with 17 being for no gain or a loss. DEs Jack Fitchpatrick and Kayon Waters and LB Kyndall Clark played big as usual. DE Brice Mlekodaj (Melkodi) out for the season with continuing shoulder problems.

How did JMac do?