Smith County @ Upperman

York couldnt hold Poteetes jock strap. Bet his name isnt in the top 5 in any of those categories when it is all said and done. York will not be a Mr. Football finalist, he will not be a all-state player, and he will not be invited to the East/West game.

See right here is where your Dekalb co education got in your way. York was never mentioned in my post. I was talking about McCoin and how he plays on Saturdays. Charlie High and how he plays on Saturdays. I mean Butch Jones asked High to be a preferred walk on which means he would have got a scholarship. I know for a fact Poteete is at home on Saturdays. As far as holding his jock strap why would I want to hold his jock strap??? Haha

DeKalb is the only team left that will even offer to slow Upperman down but I don't think they can. If lil Johnny Football can win the Heisman playing the schedule he did, save the Tide choke job, York is a definite candidate. Did TT ever rush for 350 in a game against SC?

Have you lost your mind? TT is the best player SC has played against in a long long time including Cobb and shiverdecker. You put h in Randall's body and that is two NFL players SC has played against. York can't hold a light to TT or anyone else in this district they are now in. He was a 5'5" stud squated over 600 benched close to 400 and cleaned over 350, and ran a legit 4.4. Did he ever run for 350 no, but he didn't have too. He had a whole team full of athletes but don't you think for one second who could not have. Clint didn't ask him too do that. He could do it all and York is not even in the same conversation as TT. You need to stop hanging out with UCM.

Poteete is better than York, better passer by far and better runner, way more elusive. It's funny how you say you didnt go to any of these schools and got no skin in the game but its obvious your a total Upperman homer. It's also becoming very clear you have a man crush on York.

where did Poteet play College ball? And to end the dicusion, Danny McCoin, Brocks's dad 1983, was the best qb ever in the district. All state his senior year, 4 year starter for D-1 Cincinnati, heisman candidate, played in the pro's for Detroit Lions. Didn't have the stat of York, Brock, Feilds, Phillips, Poteet but was the best ever in thi area. Purdue from Macon in 70's was second, started 3 years at TTU, I think 2 ovc titles. End of story.

The only other upper cumberland players in TSSAA record books as of the last 10 years, are Abrahm Edwards recieving Dekalb 4th career recieving yards 2804, and 5th career receptions 139, Wilson Cates Livingston 4th single season rushing yards by a QB 1512 yards. J T Burgess Upperman 2nd career receptions 154. Ty Fields from Upperman has his name in the books 3 times career passing yards 7028, career attempts 898, and career completions 523. All these guys were great players from our area in the past 10 years. I have watched Mcoin play since he was about 8 years old and he is a tremendous athlete, but the numbers don't lie. He is not even the best QB to play at Livingston Academy. As for York at Upperman he has put up some big numbers so far this year but what has he done as a career, he may not even be the best QB Upperman has fielded, still to be determined. 

• 2 weeks later...

The only other upper cumberland players in TSSAA record books as of the last 10 years, are Abrahm Edwards recieving Dekalb 4th career recieving yards 2804, and 5th career receptions 139, Wilson Cates Livingston 4th single season rushing yards by a QB 1512 yards. J T Burgess Upperman 2nd career receptions 154. Ty Fields from Upperman has his name in the books 3 times career passing yards 7028, career attempts 898, and career completions 523. All these guys were great players from our area in the past 10 years. I have watched Mcoin play since he was about 8 years old and he is a tremendous athlete, but the numbers don't lie. He is not even the best QB to play at Livingston Academy. As for York at Upperman he has put up some big numbers so far this year but what has he done as a career, he may not even be the best QB Upperman has fielded, still to be determined. 

To answer your question his sophomore year his first year at qb he threw for over 3,000 yards and rushed for 800. Last season he had a knee injury that cost him 4 games, in six games he threw for close to 2,000 and rushed for over 1,500 yards.

How did Upperman get so good so fast?

actually they have like 25 seniors, a good young coaching staff, and a qb that's scored 26 td's that was hurt or limping much of last season. If the qb, and best lb didn't go down with injury last season, they could have been 7-3 only losing to Smith, Dekalb, and Livingtone. They do have an easy schedule, but who knew Smith and LA would be down so much? I sure didn't.