Henry County hosts Ridgeway: Week 3

MSURacer

Facts:

Henry County allowed 21 points by Liberty Tech, and 20 by Beech who only had a week of practice to adjust to life without JH ... a WingT offense that is predicated on running. I think Ridgeway's offense is better then both of those two teams, and those are the best two teams you've faced this year.

I don't care when the scoring happened and what string of defense was in the game. I think that Ridgeway is going to score points and it will be more then 21 points.

Double post. Edited by chaos001

Facts:

Henry County allowed 21 points by Liberty Tech, and 20 by Beech who only had a week of practice to adjust to life without JH ... a WingT offense that is predicated on running. I think Ridgeway's offense is better then both of those two teams, and those are the best two teams you've faced this year.

I don't care when the scoring happened and what string of defense was in the game. I think that Ridgeway is going to score points and it will be more then 21 points.

Good thing you didn't bet the house on your prognostication.

Typical Memphis. All hype, little substance.

Ok, let me tell you how this works.

Efforts at rushing are thwarted by what we call the Red Swarm.  Works equally effectively for the running backs and for the quarterback.  Most teams will keep trying even though it isn't working because they don't have other options.

But . . .you guys, of course, have the spectacularly accurate quarterback.  Problem here is that when the receiver catches the ball (or doesn't catch the ball), they receive a blow that discourages any subsequent desire to be thrown to.  It makes their arms seem shorter.  This will wear off, but not tonight.  Every pass will also be heavily contested from your side of the line.

Then, somewhere in the third quarter, your offense will begin to tire.  Our defense will not.  This will lead to mistakes.  This is usually where it starts to get out of hand.

Compound this with no opportunities to run the ball back to decent field position after our scores, and you have a long night and an extra long ride back to town.

I didn't want to spill our beans until your bus left, but our QB is also spectacularly accurate, faster than anyone so far has been prepared for, smart, well coached, and a playmaker.  We have the fastest two high schoolers in Tennessee on defense.  We don't have one player that is likely to get 100 yards offense, but we have 6 who are likely to get 80 yards each tonight.

So, win tonight and you've done something quite impressive.  I just don't see it happening.

Facts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. Give not only the credit to the players that got the job done,but also the coaching staff that has moved,  developed players, and schemes since coach Counce has taken over.... adjusting to his teams year to year. I did question last years first round out was simply not throwing the ball deep enough making other defenses at least have pass on their minds. This year. Problem solved. I think the play calling has other d coordinators on their toes and having to worry about two ways of getting beat. On the ground and through the air. Example Ridgeway loading the box and taking a shot downfield for a 40 yard rec.. The hurry up against Beech another great example of using a full week to prepare against your opponent. Good job and keep up the innovation.