Dobyns-Bennett vs Sevier County

tennesseestud2013

In years past this thread would be 25 pages by now.

Wasss Up Indians?

In years past,I would have accounted for nearly 10 of those pages.I've made an effort this year to read more and write less.It appears that without the battles with  a few of my DB counterparts ,it's a pretty boring read.We all knew it could be a year for the Tribe to grow up,and the ones that count most are working hard to do that.The fans will be there friday by the thousands and J.Fred will be rocking.ROLL TRIBE !!!!!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bears will be hungrier in this one, no doubt they are still feeling the sting from last years playoff loss to DB.      What, some SC fans have forgotten??      Ok, let me refresh your memories...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uOmYAbrfWU

1.  SC was going in for a sure TD, guy got tackled on the 1 and fumbled, DB recovered

2.  SC has it 1st and goal on the 4, could not punch it in (9:30)

3.  SC has it 1st and goal on the 10, throws a pick at the 1  (5:22)

4.  SC has it on the 40, throws a pick to DB and no Bear was within 30 yards (8:17)

5.  SC had plenty of chances to win and blew them all    **** hats of to DB's defense ****

And speaking of defense,  I see lots of defense and turnovers here, so this score may be a little surprising, hang on to your hats ladies & gents.....  Remember that you saw it here first

Bears 17      Tribe 8

Blazer.If SC can remember one year ago.maybe DB can remember two years ago.These are young guys and just having a game friday should be plenty of motivation by itself.

Ha-ha, right on, role reversal.      DB/SC has been a great matchup the last couple of years.    I'm sure both sides will be up for it and ready to play.       Boone is off this week so maybe I'll swing by JFJ and catch this one.      We (Boone) have you guys Oct 4, just hoping we can keep you under 40

I wouldn't say the team that Sevier COunty saw in the playoffs was worse than the one that they played during the reg. If you look at the schedule, just look at the Boone game and after that, I am sorry but if Cook plays all year we lose to Sevier County second round and Malik is at Vanderbilt....maybe. It was terrible for Chris, but to find out what Malik could do at QB was a once in a generation type thing.....thus look at the team this year, Holt isn't that far from Cook and we aren't half the team from last year(the 2nd half of last year I mean)

I'm sorry but I disagree with you. Malik was awesome at QB for us in the regular season but if we have cook all year, this team could have won the state title. Maryville knew that Malik would only be a running threat and keyed on him. Cook could have spread them out, passed or ripped off chunks and run clock keeping Maryville off the field. Cook however, getting injured put Devaun and Malik in Orange. I think Holt is getting better but let's don't compare him to Cook. Not yet. Indians 24 Sevier County 21 ROLL TRIBE

I don't know what you SC guys expect from the offense. Although they didn't score a lot of points they had 434 yards. The Bears rushed 42 times for 175 and the team completed 22 of 35 for 259 with one of those a halfback pass. There were also 4 or 5 passes that should have been caught. If you play as well on offense this week and take out the four turnovers I think you win the game.

Alot of points is what I expect or should I say is what will be needed to advance in the playoffs. The 14 is the only "stat" that matters. The dropped passes and turnovers are excuses or reasons why the Bears (or any team for that matter) gets sent home in November. Hopefully the bears got that game out of their system. It is good to get the win when you have that kind of night. I say the Bears will roll friday night in kingsport.

GoBears !!!

Edited by gobears89

I'm sorry but I disagree with you. Malik was awesome at QB for us in the regular season but if we have cook all year, this team could have won the state title. Maryville knew that Malik would only be a running threat and keyed on him. Cook could have spread them out, passed or ripped off chunks and run clock keeping Maryville off the field. Cook however, getting injured put Devaun and Malik in Orange. I think Holt is getting better but let's don't compare him to Cook. Not yet. Indians 24 Sevier County 21 ROLL TRIBE

ok lets look at things in a simple statistical manner. DB couldn't get past Sevier County just one year before that with Cok under center. DB outgained MAryville in the playoff game and for the most part outplayed the State runner-ups if not for 6 turnovers. DB became a threat for the ll time scoring title until that final game with Malik as a signal caller. You think that Cook would have opened up the Rebels defense in the first 5 games he only ran for 287 yards and just 700 yards over his FULL CAreer. Malik ran for 700 yards in the final 5 games of the regular season. So next up is a comparison in passing....here are the numbers with Cook taking 5 games and Foreman QB'ing the last 5 games....Cook was 23-37 for 374 yds with 4 tds and 3 INT....while Foreman was 21-33 for 412 yds and 7 TDS and NO INTS. So if you think Cook was that much a better passer in the same time Foreman almost doubled his QBR.You know wht the biggest stat is Foreman didn't have Foreman to throw to. If Seabolt was the Qb then maybe they would have had a shot, but lets not treat this like we didn't go into Maryville with our best shot.....Cook totaled 600 yards in the same amount of time that Malik had under center and the kid totaled 1500. Stats don't lie!!!

ok lets look at things in a simple statistical manner. DB couldn't get past Sevier County just one year before that with Cok under center. DB outgained MAryville in the playoff game and for the most part outplayed the State runner-ups if not for 6 turnovers. DB became a threat for the ll time scoring title until that final game with Malik as a signal caller. You think that Cook would have opened up the Rebels defense in the first 5 games he only ran for 287 yards and just 700 yards over his FULL CAreer. Malik ran for 700 yards in the final 5 games of the regular season. So next up is a comparison in passing....here are the numbers with Cook taking 5 games and Foreman QB'ing the last 5 games....Cook was 23-37 for 374 yds with 4 tds and 3 INT....while Foreman was 21-33 for 412 yds and 7 TDS and NO INTS. So if you think Cook was that much a better passer in the same time Foreman almost doubled his QBR.You know wht the biggest stat is Foreman didn't have Foreman to throw to. If Seabolt was the Qb then maybe they would have had a shot, but lets not treat this like we didn't go into Maryville with our best shot.....Cook totaled 600 yards in the same amount of time that Malik had under center and the kid totaled 1500. Stats don't lie!!!

Agree with on everything except what's in bold.  They didn't outplay Maryville by any stretch of the imagination.  DB never led in the game and Maryville had over 500 yards of offense.  The only way those stats add up is if you exclude Maryville's entire yardage gained from passing the ball.

As for this week, if the same Sevier Co. team shows up that played against East they'll be leaving J Fred with a loss.  If they have that game out of their system they should win.

Sevier County by 14

Edited by THSVikings2004

Cook was a fine QB and all around athlete for the Tribe. What Cook gave to the program, is far more then what any of us will ever give while sitting in the stands .Foreman is just a very rare athlete and the job he done last year was great .So really, there is no need to take away anything from what these two DB men of honor accomplished

You're not understanding what I'm saying. I'm not just talking about Cook passing. Cook was dangerous both running and throwing. Malik woul still take some direct snaps at times. But with Malik in the backfield the defensive of Maryville keyed on him. With cook at QB they would have to account for both. Cool could hurt you with his running and that's what he would have done. Don't get me wrong, I've never enjoyed another DB season as muck as I did last year. Malik and Swafford were fun to watch. And what gun to watch him play QB. I wish they would let Makale play QB. I miss seeing that speed that much. Anyway that's my opinion. ROLL TRIBE