Grundy County Football

curtislowe

I still don't think that 4-6 is acceptable in my book for a coach. If you remember we played a half with everyone last year also. In big games with big teams you have To make the plays to win. Unfortunately last night at crunch time south Pitt made them. GRUNDY had opportunities for sure but in order to be competitive you have To capitalize on your opportunities. But honestly in my opinion best game I have saw the jackets play this year.

Please don't take this the wrong way when I post this, but do the kids out there really love football as much as they should.  I have heard from many coaches that have worked out there that it is hard to get parents and the kids commit to the program, it is like someone always has something better to do with their time.  Tell me if I am wrong but a lot of the kids out there have to grow up quick and many are fending for themselves.  I ran into the same problem at Brainerd.  Think about it  96% of the kids there were on free or reduced lunch meaning most were struggling to eat and have a roof over there head.    For a lot of kids an extracurricular activity was not a priority or out of the question, however for some it was a way out.  Would I be wrong in thinking Grundy may be facing the same type of issues.  If so I know one thing, like Brainerd  they play in a very competitive district, like you guys.  With that going on it would be hard for anyone to establish and maintain a competitive program.  I know when I was growing up I often found myself torn between hunting, fishing, girls and football..  Thing was my dad sat me down and told me I had the rest of my life for those things, but playing high school football and the experiences that came with it only came around once in a life time.  Boy was he right.  Anyway I know and like the coach there, he is struggling, been there myself.  I am sure he could use some support right now, good luck to you guys.     

I have a question. I have heard things that went on in the silverdale game at halftime is still being looked at. Is there anyone care to shed some light on the matter? I do know that the football player that has played all his life has quit over this issue. So in other words there was just a smack on the hand and a week suspension and it's all resolved? We are still losing games and I'm curious about how the Chatt Christian game is gonna turn out by all means. Boy I guess life is truly unfair for certain people, and others can do what they like. Must be nice to be a good ole boy in the system.

Edited by Beavcleaver

I have a question. I have heard things that went on in the silverdale game at halftime is still being looked at. Is there anyone care to shed some light on the matter? I do know that the football player that has played all his life has quit over this issue. So in other words there was just a smack on the hand and a week suspension and it's all resolved? We are still losing games and I'm curious about how the Chatt Christian game is gonna turn out by all means. Boy I guess life is truly unfair for certain people, and others can do what they like. Must be nice to be a good ole boy in the system.

Disgruntled parent stirring the crap??

From what I heard Beav. the matter was settled at 12:01 a.m. the Saturday after the Signal game. I have not heard anything else on this matter.

I just love how you people jump to conclusions saying disgruntled parent! You all kill me! I am willing to bet half the people on this site hasn't ever played a sport or coached a sport and probably doesn't even have a clue how too. And truth be known are probably Alabama fans that's jumped on the band wagon the last few years because you like following a winner. In small town politics sometimes things get swept under a rug just to make people happy and keep people in certain positions. If I'm not mistaken a coaches job the last time I checked was to WIN ball games! BOTTOM LINE! Right or wrong? If you don't win your suppose to lose your job, and search for someone that can make that team or program a winner. Look how many coaches we have went through in Knoxville looking for the right one. Who knows if Butch is the right one either. But bottom line know a little about what's going on before you put your 2 cents in something you know nothing about apparently.

I just love how you people jump to conclusions saying disgruntled parent! You all kill me! I am willing to bet half the people on this site hasn't ever played a sport or coached a sport and probably doesn't even have a clue how too. And truth be known are probably Alabama fans that's jumped on the band wagon the last few years because you like following a winner. In small town politics sometimes things get swept under a rug just to make people happy and keep people in certain positions. If I'm not mistaken a coaches job the last time I checked was to WIN ball games! BOTTOM LINE! Right or wrong? If you don't win your suppose to lose your job, and search for someone that can make that team or program a winner. Look how many coaches we have went through in Knoxville looking for the right one. Who knows if Butch is the right one either. But bottom line know a little about what's going on before you put your 2 cents in something you know nothing about apparently.

Where do you coach or where have you coached? And I don't think at the high school level you can look at wins as a criteria for keeping a coach because their first job is to teach. Just my opinion.

Please don't take this the wrong way when I post this, but do the kids out there really love football as much as they should.  I have heard from many coaches that have worked out there that it is hard to get parents and the kids commit to the program, it is like someone always has something better to do with their time.  Tell me if I am wrong but a lot of the kids out there have to grow up quick and many are fending for themselves.  I ran into the same problem at Brainerd.  Think about it  96% of the kids there were on free or reduced lunch meaning most were struggling to eat and have a roof over there head.    For a lot of kids an extracurricular activity was not a priority or out of the question, however for some it was a way out.  Would I be wrong in thinking Grundy may be facing the same type of issues.  If so I know one thing, like Brainerd  they play in a very competitive district, like you guys.  With that going on it would be hard for anyone to establish and maintain a competitive program.  I know when I was growing up I often found myself torn between hunting, fishing, girls and football..  Thing was my dad sat me down and told me I had the rest of my life for those things, but playing high school football and the experiences that came with it only came around once in a life time.  Boy was he right.  Anyway I know and like the coach there, he is struggling, been there myself.  I am sure he could use some support right now, good luck to you guys.     

This is a very good post possum

. thumbsup.gif

For those of you who are GC fans and have been talking about getting an outside coach and building a program... You should have been at the Jr Jackets vs Jasper Middle School game tonight. My arguments have been validated. Until you guys get a Middle School, you will never have a solid football program. There were 15 kids dress out tonight. For a high school that has 600+ kids you should expect to have more kids on their jr high program. I'm sure the guys that are coaching the team are working really hard with them but let's be honest, how much can you do with fifteen kids? You can't even practice against dummy O or dummy D. What established coach in his right mind would want to come out there given the state of the feeder system? Someone asked earlier if the people of GC should just accept mediocrity... My answer is until you build a middle school and develop a quality feeder program, YES, that is the best you can hope for. BTW... JMS won the game 42-0.

I agree with the feeder program and the middle school. But I also remember when this group of seniors handed it to your seniors when we were at the jr jacket level. Do you remember that? We also didn't have a feeder program then either. These kids haven't beaten Marion since either under these coaches. So quit defending that issue. There's no excuse.

For those of you who are GC fans and have been talking about getting an outside coach and building a program... You should have been at the Jr Jackets vs Jasper Middle School game tonight. My arguments have been validated. Until you guys get a Middle School, you will never have a solid football program. There were 15 kids dress out tonight. For a high school that has 600+ kids you should expect to have more kids on their jr high program. I'm sure the guys that are coaching the team are working really hard with them but let's be honest, how much can you do with fifteen kids? You can't even practice against dummy O or dummy D. What established coach in his right mind would want to come out there given the state of the feeder system? Someone asked earlier if the people of GC should just accept mediocrity... My answer is until you build a middle school and develop a quality feeder program, YES, that is the best you can hope for. BTW... JMS won the game 42-0.

Pardon the lack of "Dillard speak" but quite frankly it's more trouble than it's worth.  

Now then, you sir are more than a little off base but since you don't coach baseball that's understandable. A large part of the reason the Junior Jacket program is in the shape it's in is the gross lack of particpation/help/involvement/support of the high school coaches and especially their leader. A man walking your halls had that program as a winner with the same kids on the high school team today. So did another group the year before. Due to the resentment or whatever else the real issue is Joe Dan was run off and his home school was proud to get him back. But when the high school head coach never shows his face at a Junior Jacket game or the pee wees either a lot of those kids get the idea that they don't care. Ken never did that when he was at Marion. He was everywhere and the kids flocked to the high school program. If you're going to have a PROGRAM you have to work it from top to bottom, all the way down to the 5-6 year olds. If Ken would have received the proper support up here he would have stayed and kept us a winner. Our current "leader" doesn't lead at all. He expects everything done for him. And because of that I've stopped going and won't go to anymore until something changes. That can be a change in coaches or the current coach changing who and what he's about. Until then my gate and hamburger money will stay in my pocket. And for those two baffoons on our cable channel with that joke of a "coaches" show, being "from a family of character" doesn't make you a good coach. One of you should know that because you were a great coach but your "character" has been more than suspect most of your life. The other's character ain't so hot either. And you when you and that other idiot you were on TV with a long time ago were taken off the air that was the best thing that ever happened to TV.

I agree with the feeder program and the middle school. But I also remember when this group of seniors handed it to your seniors when we were at the jr jacket level. Do you remember that? We also didn't have a feeder program then either. These kids haven't beaten Marion since either under these coaches. So quit defending that issue. There's no excuse.

You might want to go back at look @ our 2011 Schedule we beat Marion the opening game of the season 21-6. By the way. We had the same coaching staff we do now.