Grundy County Football

curtislowe

Coach Bryant wasn't there to blame last night. I thought everything would be better if he wasn't on the sideline?

Well Mr. ambassador I hate to question your knowledge and expertise but it has took 5 years to get this program in a mess. So therefore it's gonna take longer than 7 days before you can tell a difference. Someone with your IQ I would actually think you would know better. But I figured some clown would go there just didn't expect it would be you. You didn't expect Butch Jones to come into Knoxville and do miracles with what Kiffen and Dooley screwed up did you? It takes time and with a new coach and staff. Not with them being puppets of who is already there. We knew it was gonna be like that before we ever went last night. Were you there supporting our young men?

So what you want me to say is it's never gonna be any better and never should I want better for the kids of GRUNDY County in athletics and academics? If we keep hiring hometown coaches and the good ole boy system it's never gonna get better those 20 years shows it. All I'm saying is let's go outside the box get out of our comfort zone and get a proven coach! Let's get a winning program that would WANT TO MAKE KIDS GET INVOLVED and excited and play. Make the student body get involved and excited and want to back our programs also! Let's do something that would make sense for a change! Do you agree? Or do you want to keep going to games and having fun losing 49 to 7 and 63 to 7? We can continue to sit back and do nothing and keep our mouths shut and look back in another 20 years with the same or worse results and wishing things would change too. Or do we push for these changes? Are you scared of rocking the boat? You tell me fan?

Edited by Beavcleaver

What I am saying is the shape our country is in financially that until our school system helps these kids get home from practice to their homes all over the country than no coach is gonna have a shot. Years ago parents invested their time to come and get the kids and now dont have to money to. You stay we got kids walking the halls well ask them why dont play....they'll say because of money or a way home. Its gonna get worst too...there is no talent over there on the sidelines except from maybe 9 to 10 guys regardless of their grade.

What I am saying is the shape our country is in financially that until our school system helps these kids get home from practice to their homes all over the country than no coach is gonna have a shot. Years ago parents invested their time to come and get the kids and now dont have to money to. You stay we got kids walking the halls well ask them why dont play....they'll say because of money or a way home. Its gonna get worst too...there is no talent over there on the sidelines except from maybe 9 to 10 guys regardless of their grade.

So things are hopeless. Lets all just give up and stick we the Bryant's, because Grundy can't do anything to improve. Everyone on the mountain needs to move to where every other school is on Grundy's schedule so they can hope for a bright future...

Yea these schools don't have problems or issues that only happens in GRUNDY. No broken homes, every kids have rides, parents doesn't have money. That's just in GRUNDY! People can sit back all day and make excuses to keep from having to do anything. Or in this case rocking the boat.

Edited by Beavcleaver

So what you want me to say is it's never gonna be any better and never should I want better for the kids of GRUNDY County in athletics and academics? If we keep hiring hometown coaches and the good ole boy system it's never gonna get better those 20 years shows it. All I'm saying is let's go outside the box get out of our comfort zone and get a proven coach! Let's get a winning program that would WANT TO MAKE KIDS GET INVOLVED and excited and play. Make the student body get involved and excited and want to back our programs also! Let's do something that would make sense for a change! Do you agree? Or do you want to keep going to games and having fun losing 49 to 7 and 63 to 7? We can continue to sit back and do nothing and keep our mouths shut and look back in another 20 years with the same or worse results and wishing things would change too. Or do we push for these changes? Are you scared of rocking the boat? You tell me fan?

Ok. Let's get real here for a moment. I have friends who live in Grundy County so what I'm about to say isn't being mean, just being real. In order to get "quality, proven" coaches that aren't homegrown you are gonna have to be able to pony up with the $$$. It's true that GC teachers make more than surrounding counties but that's because the tax base in GC is so far below the surrounding counties with little to no industry to speak of. The State provides GC schools with more funding which equates to higher salaries. Now, to get a top quality coach to come to GC the folks in GC are gonna have to come off their wallets and pay for them. Most really successful coaches make more than just their "teacher salary". Booster clubs and local merchants generally pitch in extra money to help supplement their pay. I don't know how financially fit GC QB club is, but with no industry and few businesses, extra money is gonna be hard to come by I would think. Another issue is, it would be hard to get a quality coach to come from the outside because, as much as it's home to you guys and you like the life that you have, there is NOTHING in GC to offer as incentive. Mrs New Coach would have to drive 30 minutes at least to just go to Walmart for crying out loud. While that is life as normal for GC, that's not how the vast majority of the rest of the world lives. Not to mention if you want to go out to eat at a nice chain restaurant you have to drive an hour or so to get there. It would take a lot of $$$ to get someone from the outside to come to GC and I just don't think the guarantee funding is there. Edited by PurpleGrad

Ok. Let's get real here for a moment. I have friends who live in Grundy County so what I'm about to say isn't being mean, just being real. In order to get "quality, proven" coaches that aren't homegrown you are gonna have to be able to pony up with the $$$. It's true that GC teachers make more than surrounding counties but that's because the tax base in GC is so far below the surrounding counties with little to no industry to speak of. The State provides GC schools with more funding which equates to higher salaries. Now, to get a top quality coach to come to GC the folks in GC are gonna have to come off their wallets and pay for them. Most really successful coaches make more than just their "teacher salary". Booster clubs and local merchants generally pitch in extra money to help supplement their pay. I don't know how financially fit GC QB club is, but with no industry and few businesses, extra money is gonna be hard to come by I would think. Another issue is, it would be hard to get a quality coach to come from the outside because, as much as it's home to you guys and you like the life that you have, there is NOTHING in GC to offer as incentive. Mrs New Coach would have to drive 30 minutes at least to just go to Walmart for crying out loud. While that is life as normal for GC, that's not how the vast majority of the rest of the world lives. Not to mention if you want to go out to eat at a nice chain restaurant you have to drive an hour or so to get there. It would take a lot of $$$ to get someone from the outside to come to GC and I just don't think the guarantee funding is there.

Yeah.....what he said.

It was very interesting looking at the link Fan posted. Looks pretty consistent to me over the years. Except for a couple of years. There is no need arguing it any more. Beav and Opie ain't gonna budge on this issue. You can believe I am not gonna budge on it either. I think we have the right coaches. You can forget about getting anyone outside to come coach here. It aint gonna happen so just get over it. Grundy has way bigger problems than worrying about getting a durn new football coach right now. Good Lord.

So apparently over these 20 years we have never had any talent or coaches huh. So let's just keep being mediocre and settle for it being this way. Other schools have student sections that get involved but not here. It's hard to get children motivated getting drilled week in and week out. Like the crowds after the sequatchie game have been diminishing last night at signal was really showing these boys who backs them. The crowd was really down! If we don't care and get out and support our student athletes and get them someone in there to turn our programs around , we wonder why they turn To other things as drugs and alcohol. I am not sure how you feel but in my opinion going and getting humilitated week in and week out by the 2nd qtr. just isn't fun for me!! What other things are you referring to besides a durn football coach.

If we don't care and get out and support our student athletes and get them someone in there to turn our programs around

What other things are you referring to besides a durn football coach.

1) what ($$$) are you going to use to get someone in? Not saying that the current coach is the best candidate, that's for GC admin to determine. But if you really want to go outside to get a high powered coach, what can GC offer one?

2) I think he may have been referring to other things such as getting industry and businesses to come to GC so that the economic outlook for the entire county improves.

I agree it will be very very hard to get a top notch coach to come to Grundy County even if the money is there to hire such a coach. There isnt much history of success in the program, and most proven coaches will not want to walk into yalls situation. Basically I think yall have to either keep what you have and try to build on that or give the job to a young gun and let him start from scratch. Let him start from the bottom and build the program the way he wants and just pray like he has what it takes.