Grundy County Football

curtislowe

I am just saying the whole Holt thing was a different issue...this Bryant thing just got took way way out of context and every Grundy fan that post on here knows it. Nothing was intentionally done towards that kid. Some parents just got to realize that their kids change from South Grundy to high school: their size, speed, and some kids just pass them up...not the kids fault or parents or coaching just part of nature...just accept your new role on the team and move forward. I mean how in the world do you need to take carries away from our feature back #1.

I'll answer your question with a question. What do you think they should have done? Grundy plays in a region where you are going to lose to Notre Dame and Signal Mtn every year with few exceptions. That leaves you with 8 wins at best. In most years Marion and Sequatchie are going to beat you so that leaves you with 6 wins at best. In the years that you play SP that leaves you with 5 wins at best. The truth of the matter is Grundy will never be dominant in boys sports as long as Great 8 basketball and North Grundy/South Grundy Little League football exists. With no middle school, those boys go through 8th grade being taught by every adult I their life to hate each other. Then you take those kids in the 9th grade and put them on one team and expect them to gel together. That's like someone making a football team consisting entirely of Hatfields and McCoys. Ain't gonna work. Y'all have some good athletes and every now and then a group comes through that is able to win despite their hatred for each other. But generally speaking the fans at Grundy are disallusioned into thinking their they have the athletes to overcome the social barriers. To fix the problem y'all need a central Middle School to get these kids to playing together before they get to high school. But that won't happen for the same reason Marion County will never have a consolidated school system. Y'all can't get along enough to make it happen. To further answer your question, if the Bryant boys have won 23 games that is most likely as good as anyone could have done in the same time frame with the same schedule and same athletes. Just my opinion.

You are right on the money Purple. Good Post!

Coach Bryant wasn't there to blame last night. I thought everything would be better if he wasn't on the sideline?

Do you really think anyone on the mountain expected things would be better against SM? They still ran his system with his staff making the calls... As the paper said this morning going against SM it didn't matter if Bear Bryant was on the sideline...however a different system with a different coach would have made a difference against MC in the past two years and would have made a difference in several other games as well. No one thinks Grundy should be 10-0, but they will be lucky to get 2-8 this year.