Grundy County Football

curtislowe

Number 1. I'm not a coach. I could not handle the stress of being a coach. You all are taking what I said out of context. It would have not been right to hit any kid under no circumstances. I'm just saying it was not done on purpose. That's all. I don't believe he kicked the can thinking let me try to hit someone do you? As far as the paper, if u believe everything you read in the media you're being snowballed. Maybe he won't be the coach next year. If not, I can't wait to hear what u all have to say if we are right back here in a couple of years.

Number 1. I'm not a coach. I could not handle the stress of being a coach. You all are taking what I said out of context. It would have not been right to hit any kid under no circumstances. I'm just saying it was not done on purpose. That's all. I don't believe he kicked the can thinking let me try to hit someone do you? As far as the paper, if u believe everything you read in the media you're being snowballed. Maybe he won't be the coach next year. If not, I can't wait to hear what u all have to say if we are right back here in a couple of years.

Well not sure if he will be the coach next year or not. But if he is not and we get a local with no proven record or past like this squad. It will be just like I said in earlier posts we will probably be going down this road again. Lets don't rush into anything.

I will tell you how I feel. I think this has blown up way out of proportion. The kid was not hurt and it was not intentional. It was a heat of the moment thing. Period. Here is the deal. There are a few a very few that want the coaches head because they are not happy that their kid don't get enough playing time. That's the real heart of the matter. In my opinion this can just hit the wrong kid. Now the witch hunt has begun. We might even have another coach next year. If we do I hope and pray we can get the rules changed so we can play 22 on the field at once so that every kid gets to play. If not we will be going through this again. Be careful what you ask for. You just might get it. Now what else do you want to ask?

Your exact words...."In my opinion this can just hit the wrong kid." How is that statement blown out of proportion?

In my opinion there are some parents that are just looking for any reason at all to get rid of the coach. There are probably kids on this team that if that would have happened to them, would not have blown this thing up like it has been blown up. He was not injured. He played ball in the second half. It was not intentional. But I am sure there are people out there who think it was. It's just something that happened that should not have happened and now it has gotten out of control. From what I have heard there are several players that have come out and are openly supporting their coach in this matter and do not want to see him go. I know you can hear anything in situations like this so I really don't know. I used a poor choice of words by saying it hit the wrong kid. I do apologize for that. I should not have said it. I'm just upset over this whole situation as I'm sure several other people are. I am probably too emotional to be posting concerning this matter. I am sorry.

If they get upset about a coach kicking a garbage can then you definitely don't need an intense coach on the mountain. It sounds like you need one that will caudle them and stroke their egos. It's unfortunate that the can hit a kid, but did he intentionally hit the kid is my question. I would imagine he is under quite a bit of stress trying to win games. Also, if he is concerned about what people "up and down the fence" think then he is fighting a losing battle and should leave.

If they get upset about a coach kicking a garbage can then you definitely don't need an intense coach on the mountain. It sounds like you need one that will caudle them and stroke their egos. It's unfortunate that the can hit a kid, but did he intentionally hit the kid is my question. I would imagine he is under quite a bit of stress trying to win games. Also, if he is concerned about what people "up and down the fence" think then he is fighting a losing battle and should leave.

You amaze me...

Kicking a can is one thing, but when you let your emotions get the best of you and that can hits a kid, that's different.

Those who say you can't believe everything in the paper should realize most of the the article was quoted from the director of schools.

What kind of mess is this?  I read that article in that Hargis mans paper about this Bryant man kicking a can.  If that Bryant man would read his Murphy Fair book more and study these teams he is playing I garuntee you those Grundy boys would be a better team.  These other coaches are studying their Murphy Fair book more than this Bryant man.  You think im joking but im not.