Grundy County Football

curtislowe

i ask you a question.....do you know how much the gc head coach is making? you will be suprised.....one of the highest around including chattanooga. even getting paid more than the ooletewah head coach. so the money is there....evans can limp through this year and show his experience and see what happens. the money is there and there is no reason a good quality coach could not be found

Here Is your answer grad.

Ok. Let's get real here for a moment. I have friends who live in Grundy County so what I'm about to say isn't being mean, just being real. In order to get "quality, proven" coaches that aren't homegrown you are gonna have to be able to pony up with the $$$. It's true that GC teachers make more than surrounding counties but that's because the tax base in GC is so far below the surrounding counties with little to no industry to speak of. The State provides GC schools with more funding which equates to higher salaries. Now, to get a top quality coach to come to GC the folks in GC are gonna have to come off their wallets and pay for them. Most really successful coaches make more than just their "teacher salary". Booster clubs and local merchants generally pitch in extra money to help supplement their pay. I don't know how financially fit GC QB club is, but with no industry and few businesses, extra money is gonna be hard to come by I would think. Another issue is, it would be hard to get a quality coach to come from the outside because, as much as it's home to you guys and you like the life that you have, there is NOTHING in GC to offer as incentive. Mrs New Coach would have to drive 30 minutes at least to just go to Walmart for crying out loud. While that is life as normal for GC, that's not how the vast majority of the rest of the world lives. Not to mention if you want to go out to eat at a nice chain restaurant you have to drive an hour or so to get there. It would take a lot of $$$ to get someone from the outside to come to GC and I just don't think the guarantee funding is there.

Beav... This was my response to that post and also statements that you made. The pay differential for GC is not significant enough in and of itself to entice an established coach to move his family to GC. So what else can y'all offer someone to come out to the mountain?

Bluff site homes, good hunting, scenic drives to walmart. I think the main point about this staff is they have had five years and things appear to be getting worse with what many believe is some of the better talent that they have had. No one expects them the win against SM or SP. Giving up the amount of points they have been doing consistently and only winning four games against winning teams in five years is enough to know they don't have what it takes. No one expects 10-0 seasons but winning the way Pickett did is what is expected. He was the man. Should we not try and find someone like Pickett who could get the most out of his players even when he didn't have the talent?

Bluff site homes, good hunting, scenic drives to walmart. I think the main point about this staff is they have had five years and things appear to be getting worse with what many believe is some of the better talent that they have had. No one expects them the win against SM or SP. Giving up the amount of points they have been doing consistently and only winning four games against winning teams in five years is enough to know they don't have what it takes. No one expects 10-0 seasons but winning the way Pickett did is what is expected. He was the man. Should we not try and find someone like Pickett who could get the most out of his players even when he didn't have the talent?

Yes. If there is a change to be made I think you should look for someone like Pickett to run the show. I just personally think that person has to come from within the county because I don't think you could entice that type of coach to move to GC unless he's in the witness protection program... Just my opinion. Sorry if it offends you.

Yes. If there is a change to be made I think you should look for someone like Pickett to run the show. I just personally think that person has to come from within the county because I don't think you could entice that type of coach to move to GC unless he's in the witness protection program... Just my opinion. Sorry if it offends you.

I don't think a new coach has to come from the outside. If there are others from within they should have a chance. This group has had five years why not see what someone else can do. He has to be someone with experience. Doesn't have to have been a head coach but at least should have learned from Quality head coaches.

I don't think a new coach has to come from the outside. If there are others from within they should have a chance. This group has had five years why not see what someone else can do. He has to be someone with experience. Doesn't have to have been a head coach but at least should have learned from Quality head coaches.

Sounds like you have someone in mind.

No, the current staff did not meet any of the criteria that I listed...

Except one guy on the staff and he was run off from MC. And I'm not pushing for him or anyone else. Just ready for a change because this looks more and more like a sinking ship.

Edited by Opie

Grundy may have played its best game of the year last night by having a tied game with SP at halftime only to lose in the end 32-8. This was the Grundy team most people have been looking for all year. Grundy is now 1-5. If they play like they did last night can the get to 4-6 and will that be good enough? ND still looks tough to beat.