Grundy County Football

curtislowe

Nothing's gonna change my mind of this coaching staff they have had chances for multiple years never been better than 6-5. Why are you so interested in GRUNDY football If I might ask? Are you a coach looking for a head coaching job? My opinion is loud and clear and the points have been proven year after year. I'm about tired if beating a dead horse. Politics plays to much of a factor in high school athletics. PERIOD!

Nothing's gonna change my mind of this coaching staff they have had chances for multiple years never been better than 6-5. Why are you so interested in GRUNDY football If I might ask? Are you a coach looking for a head coaching job? My opinion is loud and clear and the points have been proven year after year. I'm about tired if beating a dead horse. Politics plays to much of a factor in high school athletics. PERIOD!

Not a football coach and not looking for a job. It just peaks my interest when coaches get blamed for losing games when there are so any factors that go into making wins/losses/successful programs.

Well bottom line no matter how many factors there is involved is this, your job as a coach is to win ballgames!! If you don't win and you can't agree with that then not sure what the problem is because it's cut and dry!! Just like any job you get if you can't produce and be productive then you are let go and they replace you. It's not rocket science. If we would have had a coaching staff you wouldn't have beaten us the last 2 years! I for the life of me Can't figure out why your defending this staff. Must be a family member then. It's vey interesting and fishy to me. Ha ha.

Edited by Beavcleaver

Well bottom line no matter how many factors there is involved is this, your job as a coach is to win ballgames!! If you don't win and you can't agree with that then not sure what the problem is because it's cut and dry!! Just like any job you get if you can't produce and be productive then you are let go and they replace you. It's not rocket science. If we would have had a coaching staff you wouldn't have beaten us the last 2 years! I for the life of me Can't figure out why your defending this staff. Must be a family member then. It's vey interesting and fishy to me. Ha ha.

I have some friends in GC but no family... And the Bryant's are not friends. Your view of the coaches job is like that of college or pro sports where all you do is coach. At the high school level there is more to it than just firing and replacing. If he is getting things done in the classroom (WHICH IS HIS 1ST AND MOST IMPORTANT JOB) then removing him will be very difficult. If you can't get rid of him in the classroom then you have no position available to hire a replacement. Parents and fans at the high school level kill me thinking that it's just that easy to fire a coach and hire a new one. They are clueless of the process.

I'm not defending Bryant and I have said many times that he may not be the right coach for GC. But I've also said that is up to the Admin to determine, not disgruntled parents. Personally, I don't care who coaches out there. Generally speaking, people who are so bent on replacing a high school coach are 1) parents of kids who don't get the playing time they think they deserve 2) parents of kids who think the coach has a vendetta against their kid 3) parents who think they know more about the sport than the coach does or 4) parents who have personal conflicts with the coach most likely stemming from events that happened in their own childhoods. Where do you fall? Often our perception of our talent is skewed because we want our kids to be better than most. Fact is, GC talent is down compared to surrounding areas and has been for a while. The lack of support from community, fans and parents at all levels of athletics in GC is not the coach's fault. The lack of a stable feeder program is not the coach's fault. The fact that outside influences cause many would be players to quit or get removed from athletic teams is not the coach's fault. Again, I don't know if Bryant is the right guy or not but y'all should be certain that you are wanting him gone for the right reasons and not because of selfish, personal reasons. Potential replacement coaches may not want to walk into a situation where the parents think they can control who coaches.

Grad fact is I'm not disgruntled over of any of your reasons listed here. Honestly fact is I get tired of going and seeing our athletes and fans getting HUMILITATED knowing we could be better. Fact is you seen what our boys can do and are capable of doing. Fact is we played a half with every team on our schedule last year even with power houses and would get out coached in the 2nd half. You keep putting down our athletes here in GRUNDY which I'm not taking a liking too personally. We have better athletes here than is at Marion or south Pitt we just don't have the coaches to get it out. I know some things that's going on within but I am not going to discuss them here. All I'm saying is he can still teach and even be an assistant maybe to someone who can come in an turn this thing around. You people think you know about things and try and take up for someone you know you can beat every time you come up the mountain. Which if I was you i would want him to stay also just like everyone in our district it's an easy win, you would be a fool not to. So keep defending but like I said it's all a political thing and looks like its never gonna change. So You will get to continue to head back down to the valley with the W like you have ever since this staff has been here. Because looks like we are gonna ride this ship till it sinks like the titanic!!

Edited by Beavcleaver

That's funny. I'm pretty sure I remember leaving Coalmont having watched a Nick Bryant coached team beat MC. But whatever... You know it all so I guess he hasn't beaten us. I'm done with this topic. Y'all go ahead and keep bashing the coaching staff on public internet sites where current and future players can see it. I'm sure that's doing wonders for team morale and confidence. But, I guess that's the coach's fault also, isn't it??

I have some friends in GC but no family... And the Bryant's are not friends. Your view of the coaches job is like that of college or pro sports where all you do is coach. At the high school level there is more to it than just firing and replacing. If he is getting things done in the classroom (WHICH IS HIS 1ST AND MOST IMPORTANT JOB) then removing him will be very difficult. If you can't get rid of him in the classroom then you have no position available to hire a replacement. Parents and fans at the high school level kill me thinking that it's just that easy to fire a coach and hire a new one. They are clueless of the process.

I'm not defending Bryant and I have said many times that he may not be the right coach for GC. But I've also said that is up to the Admin to determine, not disgruntled parents. Personally, I don't care who coaches out there. Generally speaking, people who are so bent on replacing a high school coach are 1) parents of kids who don't get the playing time they think they deserve 2) parents of kids who think the coach has a vendetta against their kid 3) parents who think they know more about the sport than the coach does or 4) parents who have personal conflicts with the coach most likely stemming from events that happened in their own childhoods. Where do you fall? Often our perception of our talent is skewed because we want our kids to be better than most. Fact is, GC talent is down compared to surrounding areas and has been for a while. The lack of support from community, fans and parents at all levels of athletics in GC is not the coach's fault. The lack of a stable feeder program is not the coach's fault. The fact that outside influences cause many would be players to quit or get removed from athletic teams is not the coach's fault. Again, I don't know if Bryant is the right guy or not but y'all should be certain that you are wanting him gone for the right reasons and not because of selfish, personal reasons. Potential replacement coaches may not want to walk into a situation where the parents think they can control who coaches.

You are right on the money with this post Grad. As I have said before. We do have talent on the Mountain, but so does everyone else we play every year with the exception of a couple of teams. Has this year turned out like I would have liked? Absolutely NOT! But I am not gonna sit around week in and week out and bash the coaching staff for it. These guys work hard in and out of the classroom. I said at the beginning of the year that we have the best coaching staff we could possibly have at Grundy right now. I will still stick by that because I believe in supporting coaches. That does not mean I agree with all the play calling 100% of the time but then again I am not on the field, I have not studied film, I do not see what the coaches see during the games. That being said. Look at where we were a couple of weeks ago. We were as low as you could get after the Silverdale game. Got man handled by Signal. But here is the key. The mark of a good coach. We came out against South Pitt and gave them all they wanted. Any South Pitt fan would tell you that. They would also tell you that Grundy probably was the most physical team they have played or will play. Then we come out this past Friday and did everything we wanted to do against CCS. I truly think we have this thing turned around. That's because of the Coaching staff. They have not given up and from what I have seen these kids have not given up on them. I think that says alot!

I find it interesting and conspicuous that the steallar graduate from Purple failed to answer my points to ponder. I also find it laughable that many of the mindless fence hangers here have let the subject go. Of course I predicted this absence of concern by all involved as soon as the season began for hunting those of hoof and antlers in the woods. 

Because I had been challenged to attend the gridiron battle by one in this thread I chose to make the trip from the most advanced city on the mountain to the contest. I studied the battle that was not a battle. The opponents from the large city off the mountain were weak and inept. This huge win as some have called it came against a team with only two wins on the season and probably won't win another game all year. So was it a great job of coaching? I think not. It was a talented team playing against a team with little or no talent.

The team will be indeed fortunate to conclude their season at 3-7 and 1-4. There will be no playoffs for these fine young athletes. And the mindless public will probably just move on to their knitting and such.

You think I am jesting but I assure you I am quite serious.

Purple grad, you say grundy can't win with all these thing stacked against them. If this is so then how did quality coaches like Pickett and KC win at Grundy? Wait I already answered that, they were quality coaches. Would having a middle school help of course there are several things that could help grundy. The biggest would be to find quality coaches. After five years we know what we have. Did Evans get the support he should have at jasper? He wasn't even there two years before he got run off. Was it easy to replace him? The difference in the valley now is the coaches, KC, Moore, and Mac attack. Why should Grundy not try to improve. We know these coaches can't do the job. Four quality wins in five years. One win against MC in five years I think, but should have been at least two more. Should everyone be satisfied with a win over ccs? They should finish 2-8. FIVE YEARS IS ENOUGH...