Grundy County Football

curtislowe

How can you argue that no good coaches would come to grundy? Did you forget about KC? Did Pickett not come back? It's not always about money. Well that did have a lot to do with KC. And when the powers to be wanted him they found the money. It's there don't think it isn't. As far as teaching positions it's not as hard as you might think to find openings.

Are you thick-headed or just slow on reading comprehension??? I said "OUTSIDE" coaches. KC and Pickett were both Grundy County boys to begin with. And you got KC back out there by paying him to be Principal, Head Coach & AD and you paid his wife to be CTE Coordinator which is a Supervisory position and pays more than just a teacher. Who all are you gonna have to get rid of to offer someone all of that? I'm not saying there's not a quality coach out there. Y'all are the ones saying that you have to go "outside" Again I'll ask, please give me one name of one OUTSIDE coach that would consider coming to GC to coach football. And what incentives can you realistically offer someone? Edited by PurpleGrad

I am sorry I don't ever remember Grundy being world beaters, Grundy did have some success with those coaches and they were great coaches. I had Pickett hired at Whitwell until he went to central office to fill out his paper work and Jasper tried to get him because of him and his son. If not for Vic Grider he would have went to Marion instead of Grundy upon his return to the area. He was going to coach at Jasper and teach drivers Ed at South Pitt and Whitwell. Really! I can only imagine what we may have done at Whitwell that year. Dr. Taylor said if Jasper could not have him no one would. Major slap in face, and at that time I felt I could never be successful there. Pickett was a good man and put in bad situation, and if I am not mistaken you have Jason Evens up on the mountain that was also done wrong by the Jasper bunch at that time. He had his team where they needed to be and was fired by the assistant principal and then the assistant principal named himself head coach because he could not find anyone more qualified than himself, after a prolonged coaching search. He had great success with Evens kids his first year and fell on his face. Grundy should be happy with what they have, because they have good coaches. Do you guys think the kids don't read and hear about all this negativity. New coaches will not change anything at Grundy, only a change of attitude toward football. Just my opinion. Good luck!

Edited by possum

I say we hire Vic! Would could get him a KC level deal. We could make him County Mayor, Sheriff and Head football coach.

I'm nowhere near jesting and being totally serious.

He will need control over your booster club too. That has to be the steal of the century. Aaah the dream w dream!!!!!!!!!

If your right, and we know ND will be a rough one then 3-7 is looking highly possible. Of course that will be good enough for billy who is thrilled to possibly beat three teams who are at this point in the season are a combined 3-15. That record should not improve unless two of those teams beat grundy.

Do not speak for me Opie. I can speak for myself. I am not happy with a losing record. However I do not think a coaching change is the answer! That is where I stand.

I don't know diddly squat about the details of yer problems up in Grungy, but I know programs are up and down.  Who knows what Signal will look like in 5-10 years.  Heck, this Bledsoe / Grungy game is gonna be a good one.  Y'all ain't doin' much worse than Bledsoe, Scrotchy, or the Christians with ther new turf field.

You don't really want to be like them valley folk anyway, does you?

pig4.gif