Grundy County Football

curtislowe

You said staff. staff meaning ALL coaches. Many of your observations and comments don't apply to ALL the coaches.

You are correct I do say staff a lot because the HC picks their staff and some members of the staff I have heard good things about. However I'm referring to top staff members at this time especially the HC.

Here is some positive and possibly promising news for the Grundy County fans on here. In the most current 3a playoff standings listed on the TSSAA website, out of the their current 32 total projected playoff teams, yall are only 6 spots behind/below the last team that is projected to make it in on their list. It appears that if yall was to win 2 out of your last 3 remaining games you would stand a very good chance of getting into the playoffs as a 8 seed. I think yalls next two games are very winnable.

The point Grad was that the other principal got replaced. What about the areas of certification? You really have to ask if Grundy has a principal? What about my other points?

What about certification? SPED is K-12, some, not all, high school certifications are 7-12. So are you really saying that for the sake of hiring a football coach you would be willing to send a high school teacher down to one of your elementary schools???? Really???

What about certification? SPED is K-12, some, not all, high school certifications are 7-12. So are you really saying that for the sake of hiring a football coach you would be willing to send a high school teacher down to one of your elementary schools???? Really???

The point is it can be done and it's not as hard as you are saying. Yes I would be willing to move people down. Is there really that much of a difference from teaching 9-12 vs. 7-8? Must not be to much since the certification is 7-12. Again you said create positions, you said impossible to move people, and you said be specific. I have tried to address your issues.

Plus am I as clueless as you said about the workings of a school system?

Edited by Opie

Gentlemen, gentlemen please. Can we have some tact and decorum? All this hostility is going to cause someone to need more blood pressure meds. And there's nothing left to worry about anyway according to the astute gentlemen from DeKalb and South Pittsburg. And if you'd also pay attention to my posts. As they had stated the decision has been made to replace the coach and the selection has been made. I can now confirm that the chicken farm has been added to my package. I will be in place once the season is over. You'll also be happy to know I'm bringing John Gruden and Bill Cowher with me. All will be well soon.

I could possibly be jesting and I could actually be predicting the future.

The point is it can be done and it's not as hard as you are saying. Yes I would be willing to move people down. Is there really that much of a difference from teaching 9-12 vs. 7-8?

Wow. That says it all. You would move a teacher for no other reason than to make room for a coach. Doesn't matter what that teacher thinks about being moved or how well that teacher performs in the classroom. Some teacher prefer HS over MS and some teachers just do better with the older, more mature students. But that's not a consideration for you because we need a coach. Another prime example of misplaced importance on sport over academics. Pathetic.

I realize Mr. Grad of Purple that you never answer me but I'd ask why would you be surprised at a misplaced importance on sport over academics? You are a coach yourself. You have to have seen this countless times. It's just the lay of the land isn't it? It's how things are almost everywhere. How can you be surprised at this?

I'm not joking at all.

Wow. That says it all. You would move a teacher for no other reason than to make room for a coach. Doesn't matter what that teacher thinks about being moved or how well that teacher performs in the classroom. Some teacher prefer HS over MS and some teachers just do better with the older, more mature students. But that's not a consideration for you because we need a coach. Another prime example of misplaced importance on sport over academics. Pathetic.

What is pathetic you not admitting when your wrong a picking and chose what points on here you want to argue... A prime example is a p.e. Teacher who doesn't want to coach. Should he be keep at the high school or move him to make room for someone who does want to coach. I never said other considers shouldn't be made but you can't tell me that every teacher at your high school is a perfect fit. Again your main point was it was to hard to do. My main point it isn't and I think I proved it.