Grundy County Football

curtislowe

Through the years I have consistently defended coaches who were fired or threatened with firing based on win/loss records, and that includes Evans. Regardless of the sport, coaching at the high school level is very difficult and more involved than most people realize. College and Pro coaches who do nothing but coach should be held accountable at a different level. Most high school coaches, at least around here, have responsibilities in the classroom first. That is why the admin needs to be the one to make the decision if a coach stays or goes. That admin has more knowledge of the type of job that coach is doing than the general public. As far as ease of replacing a coach, I guess all of GC coaches teach subjects that would be easy to move/replace people from... At MCHS, I teach Algebra I... our girls basketball coach teaches Geometry and Algebra II... our soccer coach teaches Trig, Pre-Cal, and Calculus... our baseball coach teaches US Government and Economics... our softball coach teaches Machining... Our football coach teaches PE... We have an asst football coach that teaches Wellness, an asst football coach that teaches Senior English and an asst Baseball coach that teaches Physical Science and Chemistry... Not easy to move most of those people to make room for new coaches... I would venture to say that in reality, GC is no different... I've never defended Bryant, but I have defended the position... If a change is needed then go for it but don't base your desire for change upon win/loss record or your own personal conflict with the coach... More than just the players on the team can and will be affected...

I agree with the win/loss not being the whole issue here. You were talking about being an example. I don't call kicking a trash can and hitting players and example. But win/loss is a big factor also. I'm sorry but it should be. I agree with what all your doing grad! I actually applaud you for that.

You have determined that my losing record in each of the past three years makes me a bad coach and I should take it upon myself to step down, because that is what you would do... here's some more fun facts... my record vs GC is 7-7, my record vs Valley teams (GC, BC, SC, WHS, SP) is 43-37, my record vs teams in my District is 44-27, and my record vs teams in my classification is 49-36... This is why I will never use winning/losing seasons to determine effectiveness...

Oh alright, brave man making it public knowledge as to who you are with all the crap that surely gets thrown your way at times. Im sure tons of coaches probably read on here and end up posting stuff as well. You are the only coach I have came across that posts with people knowing you who are.

I'm not ashamed of what I have to say and I don't hide behind screen names.. I also make it a point not to post on or read the basketball boards during the season. 1) no one around these parts really care about basketball and 2) what little bit that gets said on there about us is never good because we lose nearly every ballgame and I can't coach....

You are correct though... I know many, many coaches who read and post daily on here but they are too afraid to let anyone know who they are for whatever reason.. that's on them though..

Edited by PurpleGrad

I'm not ashamed of what I have to say and I don't hide behind screen names.. I also make it a point not to post on or read the basketball boards during the season. 1) no one around these parts really care about basketball and 2) what little bit that gets said on there about us is never good because we lose nearly every ballgame and I can't coach....

You are correct though... I know many, many coaches who read and post daily on here but they are too afraid to let anyone know who they are for whatever reason.. that's on them though..

Soon after saying you was the only coach I have came across that posts on here with people knowing who you are a certain id caught my eye. Turns out the soccer coach from the high school here has an id and does a little posting. From what I could tell he was only posting information about games and not actually talking back and forth such as yourself.

Soon after saying you was the only coach I have came across that posts on here with people knowing who you are a certain id caught my eye. Turns out the soccer coach from the high school here has an id and does a little posting. From what I could tell he was only posting information about games and not actually talking back and forth such as yourself.

I coach boys basketball. I have nothing whatsoever to do with our football team other than being a fan who sits in the stands. I love watching and talking about football. I have an opinion and it's strictly my opinion. It does not represent the views or opinions of others within my school. I don't see the problem with me being on here and people knowing who I am. I rarely post on the basketball boards because I feel like that opens the door for my bleacher coaches to attack me anonomously. Plus, during the season i don't have time to spend on here posting. I have a family that I like to spend time with when I have it available. I did recently post about a playday we are hosting. I've heard people say in the past that coaches shouldn't be on here but I don't buy that philosophy. As long as I'm not arguing or discussing my sport, I see no harm. And like I said, I know a bunch of coaches who post daily. Some even in this thread, but they are reluctant for whatever reason to let their identity be known. Edited by PurpleGrad