South Pittsburg against Whitwell (Moore man vs Barnhart man)

Roy Dillard

Maybe I'm not correct, but it looked like they were just working on stuff they havent done much of. Nothing wrong with a little versatility I guess. Either way it was probably a good game to do just that. Paper said Lankford had 9 rushes for over 160. Legit, I thought the younger guys looked good running last night. 7,5,3 all had nice runs. I do wish they could find another QB besides 10 or 4 to put in a game like that one.

Edited by TheAmbassador

Maybe I'm not correct, but it looked like they were just working on stuff they havent done much of. Nothing wrong with a little versatility I guess. Either way it was probably a good game to do just that. Paper said Lankford had 9 rushes for over 160. Legit, I thought the younger guys looked good running last night. 7,5,3 all had nice runs. I do wish they could find another QB besides 10 or 4 to put in a game like that one.

very surprised how good these young guys look. They will be able to give us some rest late in the season and playoffs. To bad next year they have no line to run behind. We will need to work on that. Ricky Faer is becoming a man. Against Sequachie and Whitwell he dominated

very surprised how good these young guys look. They will be able to give us some rest late in the season and playoffs. To bad next year they have no line to run behind. We will need to work on that. Ricky Faer is becoming a man. Against Sequachie and Whitwell he dominated

Offensive line next year won't be as bad as we might think. They probably won't be as seasoned as this years but they should still be formidable with 4 possibly 5 Sr's 55 Long, 77 Crouch, 24 Blevins, 76 Nelson and possibly Ellidge if he comes back out. Throw in to be JRs Moss and 52 and you have 7 upper classmen as starters. 50, 55,76 and 24 all play a lot for us now. Next years team I think is going to surprise some people that think SP is going to fall off. QB back and 1 wing with both our top reserves and those freshman backs will give us more weapons than most.

Offensive line next year won't be as bad as we might think. They probably won't be as seasoned as this years but they should still be formidable with 4 possibly 5 Sr's 55 Long, 77 Crouch, 24 Blevins, 76 Nelson and possibly Ellidge if he comes back out. Throw in to be JRs Moss and 52 and you have 7 upper classmen as starters. 50, 55,76 and 24 all play a lot for us now. Next years team I think is going to surprise some people that think SP is going to fall off. QB back and 1 wing with both our top reserves and those freshman backs will give us more weapons than most.[/quotean had no idea line would be that good. What's the odds on Ellege coming back. I know he played linebacker too

Offensive line next year won't be as bad as we might think. They probably won't be as seasoned as this years but they should still be formidable with 4 possibly 5 Sr's 55 Long, 77 Crouch, 24 Blevins, 76 Nelson and possibly Ellidge if he comes back out. Throw in to be JRs Moss and 52 and you have 7 upper classmen as starters. 50, 55,76 and 24 all play a lot for us now. Next years team I think is going to surprise some people that think SP is going to fall off. QB back and 1 wing with both our top reserves and those freshman backs will give us more weapons than most.[/quotean had no idea line would be that good. What's the odds on Ellege coming back. I know he played linebacker too

Old Pirate feels the Pirates have a good group of under classman. OP just sees M. Blevins and the Grider Youngon being level headed players that will lead the team properly and keep the loose nuts in check! Elledge comes from good stock but any Pirate has to question his desire

Hey guys! Glenn here. I told you the Pirates were real fast didn't I? The Tigers are not even kinda fast like I tried to tell everyone. I'm proud if my Pirates. They did good last night and they if keep on working in there fastness like they have we could go back to the championship. 7 was real fast last night as well. I have told slit of people and before long everybody will see. If the Pirates eat right before the game and don't get injured they are going to be to fast for anybody left on the Pirates schedule. Keep working Pirates.

From Glenn

Offensive line next year won't be as bad as we might think. They probably won't be as seasoned as this years but they should still be formidable with 4 possibly 5 Sr's 55 Long, 77 Crouch, 24 Blevins, 76 Nelson and possibly Ellidge if he comes back out. Throw in to be JRs Moss and 52 and you have 7 upper classmen as starters. 50, 55,76 and 24 all play a lot for us now. Next years team I think is going to surprise some people that think SP is going to fall off. QB back and 1 wing with both our top reserves and those freshman backs will give us more weapons than most.

Hey it's Glenn again. What number is that Ellidge boy when he played last? Was he fast or at least kinda fast? Boy the Pirates this year are fast. #7 is just a sophomore and he was really fast last night. #6 was probably the fastest last night and #4 was really fast everytime he caught the ball.

From Glenn

TERRIBLE!!!! these Kids are nothing like any othe Pirate Team ive ever seen! Dancing on the Feild??? Helments off turned around talking to people on the sidelibe?? parent coming down to talk to the kids during the Game?? Really??? we have 2 Show Boats id set on the Bench Win or Loose!! mitchell and Langford!!! they will never ever play at the next level!

Speaking of terrible, here we have a fan that can't spell the name of one of his team's players.  Not to mention it's a grown man singling out high school kids by names.  This is a COMPLETELY different team than what we saw the first 2 or 3 games of the year.  So tell us Geno, you didn't like Vic as the coach, you don't like the way Tim handles the team, why do you even go watch the games?

Speaking of terrible, here we have a fan that can't spell the name of one of his team's players. Not to mention it's a grown man singling out high school kids by names. This is a COMPLETELY different team than what we saw the first 2 or 3 games of the year. So tell us Geno, you didn't like Vic as the coach, you don't like the way Tim handles the team, why do you even go watch the games?

Old Pirate ain't real popular in certain circles but here goes what some may not like neither. The game brings out fans that are fair weather fans, back slappers, just win at all costs fans, and fans that routinely praise & criticize coaches & players. As coach or player you have be prepared to deal with both. Ole Geno is a great example. Anyone that watched the title game a few years ago between SP & WC remembers some show boating that was openingly criticized by you Tn Vols former QB Andy Kelly. Point here is play or behavior good or bad is going to be discussed and individuals will be single out. If a coach like Woody Hayes acts inappropriately he has brought the attention to his self. These youngons have to face the same scrutiny if behavior is not appropriate. Certainly the more issues are sugar coated and not addressed the worse they become. Rest assured recruiters hear and witness these types of issues and most turn away unless a Youngon has superstar status. The Pirates ain't got none & OP ain't seen any around in several years. The truly great players don't need to showboat or bring attention themselves, just the wannabees!