Science hill @ Siegel

Topperfootballfan

At this point, SH has been on the road for nearly 2 hours...any last minute predictions or updates?

I've got people posted all along the route the busses will be taking.  Their reports should be coming in anytime now. They'll be checking the air pressure in the bus tires as well as the oil when they stop for a break. I hope one of them will get a interview with coach Carter about his thoughts on the trip. This will be the first time he's ever been past Knoxville. Its a big world out there.

Science Hill fans probably will look forward to a LONG drive back.  Siegel is an offensive juggernaut.  Losing to Blackman and Oakland is not indicative of their playing.  A dropped pass on the opening drive could have/should have been a touchdown and a game changer for Siegel.  Look what happens when "high powered teams" come to the 'boro.  Arlington 3-0 leaves with a 39-0 shellacking.  Siegel beats #3 McCallie and Ooltewah in East Tennessee (92 points in those two games alone).  Dakota Crane is solid quarterback, Denzel Harding an exceptional runner.  Prediction:  Siegel 39, SH 21

Science Hill fans probably will look forward to a LONG drive back.  Siegel is an offensive juggernaut.  Losing to Blackman and Oakland is not indicative of their playing.  A dropped pass on the opening drive could have/should have been a touchdown and a game changer for Siegel.  Look what happens when "high powered teams" come to the 'boro.  Arlington 3-0 leaves with a 39-0 shellacking.  Siegel beats #3 McCallie and Ooltewah in East Tennessee (92 points in those two games alone).  Dakota Crane is solid quarterback, Denzel Harding an exceptional runner.  Prediction:  Siegel 39, SH 21

Science Hill has scored 172 points in 3 games while allowing 56 (35 points allowed on the starting unit). Seagull has scored 117 points in 3 games while allowing 113. There are no common opponents, but you have to say Seagull has had the hardest schedule so far. But looking at the points Science Hill has put up and the points Seagull has allowed Im not seeing a shellacking of the Toppers tonight.

Only on Coach T can a thread about SH and an opponent get hijacked into a "which team has more first round losses? Db or South? You DB guys are everywhere and let no stone or rock go unturned.

You know the joke...how do you scare a DB fan at Halloween? A. walk up behind them and scream PLAYOFFS!

Sorry.

I am not seeing it tonight for SH. I just don't think they can weather a same day bus ride and play a quality opponent like siegel. I think it is lost on defense. SH is still soft up the middle and they have too many breakdowns in coverage. Their defense just isn't consistent and a good back with a decent line will move the chains. A multidimensional team will give SH fits. And Siegel fits that bill. I don't believe it will be close. I hope I am wrong. This can be a true breakthrough game but it is still HS ball. You just never know how these kids will react.

Regardless, Science Hill needs games like this and next week. They need quality opponents. DB fans can boast all they want but SH's time is coming and the streak will end. Carter has the kids excited and when he gets it rolling there will not be a streak. Most of this streak was against weak SH teams that had given up by seasons end. DB fans should be grateful for Carter and what he is doing. This game needs to be a rivalry again and regardless of the losses, it is regaining that rivalry atmosphere. The game last year was fantastic and no one can argue that. The crowd, the game, the big plays....that is what this area needs. Then take that and advance in the playoffs.

I got to give this game to Siegel by at least two scores. I don't think the Toppers know what they are in for.  Kreager picked SH in the paper by a close score.  I'd say Siegel's field house was wallpapered with that prediction before most of you got up for breakfast today.

Edited by mat73557

I got to give this game to Siegel by at least two scores. I don't think the Toppers know what they are in for.  Kreager picked SH in the paper by a close score.  I'd say Siegel's field house was wallpapered with that prediction before most of you got up for breakfast today.

If your so sure Seagull is going to win "by at least two scores". Why worry about wallpapering the fieldhouse with newspaper articals.

Only on Coach T can a thread about SH and an opponent get hijacked into a "which team has more first round losses? Db or South? You DB guys are everywhere and let no stone or rock go unturned.

You know the joke...how do you scare a DB fan at Halloween? A. walk up behind them and scream PLAYOFFS!

Sorry.

I am not seeing it tonight for SH. I just don't think they can weather a same day bus ride and play a quality opponent like siegel. I think it is lost on defense. SH is still soft up the middle and they have too many breakdowns in coverage. Their defense just isn't consistent and a good back with a decent line will move the chains. A multidimensional team will give SH fits. And Siegel fits that bill. I don't believe it will be close. I hope I am wrong. This can be a true breakthrough game but it is still HS ball. You just never know how these kids will react.

Regardless, Science Hill needs games like this and next week. They need quality opponents. DB fans can boast all they want but SH's time is coming and the streak will end. Carter has the kids excited and when he gets it rolling there will not be a streak. Most of this streak was against weak SH teams that had given up by seasons end. DB fans should be grateful for Carter and what he is doing. This game needs to be a rivalry again and regardless of the losses, it is regaining that rivalry atmosphere. The game last year was fantastic and no one can argue that. The crowd, the game, the big plays....that is what this area needs. Then take that and advance in the playoffs.

Your a little late to the party, that was two days ago. Walk up behind a Science Hill fan on Halloween and scream "PLAYOFFS" and they'll just turn around and say "whats that?"

If your so sure Seagull is going to win "by at least two scores". Why worry about wallpapering the fieldhouse with newspaper articals.

Your a little late to the party, that was two days ago. Walk up behind a Science Hill fan on Halloween and scream "PLAYOFFS" and they'll just turn around and say "whats that?"

So did you get those Jorts yet? Or did you just cut your own jeans? I know you and your buddies are getting rowdy out in the woods tonight.

Score prediction.

Science Hill-21

Siegel-42

I'm a Topper fan but I just don't see them winning this game. Siegel is a lot better than their record indicates. They play a tough schedule. The Toppers, on the other hand, play in a weak conference. Hate to admit that but it's the truth. The long bus ride isn't doing the Toppers any favors either. Unfortunately, I think the boys from The Hill are in for a long night. 

As others have mentioned, regardless of the outcome, this kind of game will only make Science Hill better in the long run.

Side note. I've heard it looks like rain in the 'Boro this evening. Wonder what kind of effect that will have on both teams and their game plans...

The rain "might" hold off, at least until half time. It is pretty warm right now, still 82 and eerily calm.

Most of the Siegel horses' mothers (and fathers) were mudders so they say ... they can run the ball in the rain. Siegel's problem is finding more than a couple of players that play with pride on defense so far this season.

So did you get those Jorts yet? Or did you just cut your own jeans? I know you and your buddies are getting rowdy out in the woods tonight.

Hey, that kinda' talk might be the norm in "Johnson" City but in King"Sport" we don't take to kindly to it. The only reason we go into the woods at night is to hunt bobcats. And I wouldn't even go into the woods with a gun in "Johnson" City.

Score prediction.

Science Hill-21

Siegel-42

I'm a Topper fan but I just don't see them winning this game. Siegel is a lot better than their record indicates. They play a tough schedule. The Toppers, on the other hand, play in a weak conference. Hate to admit that but it's the truth. The long bus ride isn't doing the Toppers any favors either. Unfortunately, I think the boys from The Hill are in for a long night. 

As others have mentioned, regardless of the outcome, this kind of game will only make Science Hill better in the long run.

Side note. I've heard it looks like rain in the 'Boro this evening. Wonder what kind of effect that will have on both teams and their game plans...

Ah come on dude. Get behind your team. I thought Carter had changed the mood over there? Seagull ain't that good. Middle Tennessee is not what it used to be. Riverdale made middle tennessee famous but now they can't even win one game. Oakland has a good team once ever 5 years and Seagull has a good team once ever 10 years. Science Hill should win this one by 2 td's.