Goodpasture vs Trousdale co.

Creekbank76

Gum Bumper, stick the facts and stay away from untrue rumors you start. GP doesn't recruit. TC will probably show up with more football players on the roster than GP. The fact is that GP loses good players to other schools who do recruit every year like JPII, MBA, and Sumner schools. Jalen Hurd went to GP in middle school until MBA recruited him away. There are athletes that leave the school every year because the parents can't afford the tuition. GP athletics does not like being moved down in classification nor do they like the district they are in. GP would much rather be in a district with schools that are closer geographically. Give some good insight every once in a while. Even ole Slim has some good insight and analysis. I wish we were as confident in the outcome of the game as the TC fans are. We don't know what to expect from our team and opponents but it sounds like TC does.

First of all if you haven't been on CoachT longer than a month do NOT respond to my post as you have ZERO credibility with me. GP people on CoachT have admitted for years that they have recruited and still do. How about that baseball team? You going to tell me all those kids are from Madison year in and year out? You might have athletes leave but you also have them come in on a yearly basis, so don't get on here and insult our intelligence newbee. You need to learn to keep that pork chop cutter shut until you earn some credibility and by posting ridiculous posts like this you just went below zero nube.

Edited by devilfanatic

devilfanatic,

I am not sure where you get your info but, GP only has 50 kids on the football roster with no "few inner city kids" has you put it on the team. If you have proof of any private school doing illegal rules violations please turn then in to the TSSAA. Mr. Carter did not make the rules, they are voted on by the entire TSSAA school administrators and the TSSAA board which has schools from both public and private. Without the 1.8 multiplier GP would be one of the smallest schools in Class A. The coaches wanted to stay in 3A, but the new school administration said no. One of the reasons Coach Martin left.

There is no way all the kids on all your sports teams are from Madison Tn. I know this for a fact! Where do all those athletes on your baseball teams come from year in and year out? Certainly not Madison! What about volleyball, basketball, golf? You're telling me those boys on the golf team are from Madison? Not a chance my friend! Carter introduced the rule, he is the one that came up with it and yes the rest of the morons had to vote on it but he is the one that started it. There is no representation for Class A on the TSSAA board and thats a shame. To think they would put a team like Red Boiling Springs in the same district as a powerhouse like Goodpasture is asinine! What about the young men and young ladies on those teams that have to compete against such overwhelming odds like this. How fair is that? This is why Private schools either need to be separated or made to play at the highest classification in every sport, certainly not the lowest. The principle at GP knows what he is doing, he is going to do his best to get GP some gold trophys during his tenure. I for one hope they lose every game they play! Edited by devilfanatic

There is no way all the kids on all your sports teams are from Madison Tn. I know this for a fact! Where do all those athletes on your baseball teams come from year in and year out? Certainly not Madison! What about volleyball, basketball, golf? You're telling me those boys on the golf team are from Madison? Not a chance my friend! Carter introduced the rule, he is the one that came up with it and yes the rest of the morons had to vote on it but he is the one that started it. There is no representation for Class A on the TSSAA board and thats a shame. To think they would put a team like Red Boiling Springs in the same district as a powerhouse like Goodpasture is asinine! What about the young men and young ladies on those teams that have to compete against such overwhelming odds like this. How fair is that? This is why Private schools either need to be separated or made to play at the highest classification in every sport, certainly not the lowest. The principle at GP knows what he is doing, he is going to do his best to get GP some gold trophys during his tenure. I for one hope they lose every game they play!

Devil,

No not all the kids are from Madison just like not all the kids at any school comes from the same city. Heard of HS County School or Open-zoned schools. If a parent wants to send their child to any school and have the money to do it, what difference does it make to you? Just admit you do not like private schools whether they obey the rules or not. What about those poor kids at Red Boiling Springs that has to play Trousdale County and will get beaten by 50, but no one ever says anything about that. GP did not get to choose which district they went to, the TSSAA did that and made it as hard on GP for travel as they could. GP wanted to play in a western district. The rules are the rules, everything is based upon enrollment and if your enrollment plus the 1.8 multiplier puts you in a class then those are the rules. The coaches wanted to move up, but the administration decided differently. Don't get on here saying things that make you sound very uneducated to the process.

Slim,

I am surprised at you. Are you calling me a liar? Many coaches in Nashville helped at the camp and to my knowledge not a single kid from the "inner city" that was at the camps went on to attend at GP. If you know od some names let me know. It as really hard to judge an 8 or 9 year Old's talent.

I just know they get kids enrolled in sports from summer camps, maybe not football, but there are other sports there...not many of those kids are from around there...they moved in :popcorneater:

Edited by slimshady

I just know they get kids enrolled in sports from summer camps, maybe not football, but there are other sports there...not many of those kids are from around there...they moved in :popcorneater:

Slim,

I would suggest everyone who thinks GP is doing something to go to the school and see the kids walking the halls and what kids are on the sports teams. Their talent level has gone way down the past few years. The economy has hit then hard and the other privates now open in Sumner county have taken away a lot of the kids who did go to GP, but have options now.

Slim,

I would suggest everyone who thinks GP is doing something to go to the school and see the kids walking the halls and what kids are on the sports teams. Their talent level has gone way down the past few years. The economy has hit then hard and the other privates now open in Sumner county have taken away a lot of the kids who did go to GP, but have options now.

I wish Tate Gregory was back at Westmoreland, and I bet he does now as well.

Devil,

No not all the kids are from Madison just like not all the kids at any school comes from the same city. Heard of HS County School or Open-zoned schools. If a parent wants to send their child to any school and have the money to do it, what difference does it make to you? Just admit you do not like private schools whether they obey the rules or not. What about those poor kids at Red Boiling Springs that has to play Trousdale County and will get beaten by 50, but no one ever says anything about that. GP did not get to choose which district they went to, the TSSAA did that and made it as hard on GP for travel as they could. GP wanted to play in a western district. The rules are the rules, everything is based upon enrollment and if your enrollment plus the 1.8 multiplier puts you in a class then those are the rules. The coaches wanted to move up, but the administration decided differently. Don't get on here saying things that make you sound very uneducated to the process.

With the paltry 1.8 multiplier they should be in 3A in football and 2A in all other sports however because of Uncle Ronnie's idiotic rule they get to participate at the lowest classification. Thats borderline cheating if you ask me. As for TC beating RBS by 50 yes they would but they do not dominate them in all the other sports. RBS wins more games against TC on the hardcourt than they lose and RBS always has a good volleyball and baseball teams as well. You think those same teams stand a chance against GP? Not a chance and thats my point. The open enrollment that is allowed by TSSAA is a double standard and only benefits the inner city and private schools. The county schools are at a huge disadvantage which has always been my point. Lets get on a level playing field then let the best team win! just my two cents....

With the paltry 1.8 multiplier they should be in 3A in football and 2A in all other sports however because of Uncle Ronnie's idiotic rule they get to participate at the lowest classification. Thats borderline cheating if you ask me. As for TC beating RBS by 50 yes they would but they do not dominate them in all the other sports. RBS wins more games against TC on the hardcourt than they lose and RBS always has a good volleyball and baseball teams as well. You think those same teams stand a chance against GP? Not a chance and thats my point. The open enrollment that is allowed by TSSAA is a double standard and only benefits the inner city and private schools. The county schools are at a huge disadvantage which has always been my point. Lets get on a level playing field then let the best team win! just my two cents....

The 1.8 multiplier that the TSSA uses is one of , if not the highest in the country. They have been playing at that level for 8 years. Their enrollment is so low now that even with the multiplier they are still just 1A in all sports, but could only move up to 2A in football as decided by the board and administration. If the other schools have good programs in other sports then I am sure they will compete fine. The field is as level as it is going to get. The small rural schools are at a disadvantage with open-zoned county schools that can take students from any connecting county as long as they pay a fee to attend. They are just like privates. If we want a level field let's talk about everything both public and private.

The 1.8 multiplier that the TSSA uses is one of , if not the highest in the country. They have been playing at that level for 8 years. Their enrollment is so low now that even with the multiplier they are still just 1A in all sports, but could only move up to 2A in football as decided by the board and administration. If the other schools have good programs in other sports then I am sure they will compete fine. The field is as level as it is going to get. The small rural schools are at a disadvantage with open-zoned county schools that can take students from any connecting county as long as they pay a fee to attend. They are just like privates. If we want a level field let's talk about everything both public and private.

You're incorrect. When the last head count was made to classify the schools GP should have been put in 3A in football and 2A in all the other sports. The Ronnie rule is the only reason they are in 1A.