Pick'em

MVM

AAA's predictions

Got it. Bradley.................vs Cleveland (Cleveland wins they are a little stronger)

Got it. Grace................... vs Soddy (Grace cuz the goalie)

Tie ND ........................vs CCS (ND cuz CCS is havin a tough year)

Got it. McMinn Central.... vs Silverdale (Central cuz they still have some fight in them)

Wrong. E Hamilton............vs Cleveland (Cleveland but should be a good game)

From Across the state...

Got It. Oak Ridge.............vs Farragut (Farragut wins, Oakridge can't hang with em at midfield so to much pressure on the defense) 6-0..!

Got it. Bearden................vs Baylor (Bearden wins Baylor just out gunned)

Got it. Brentwood.............vs Franklin (Franklin)

Got it. CAK.......................vs Catholic (catholic wins)

Tie. Hardin Valley.........vs Maryville. Hardin Valley. Hardin Valley

Not counting ties.

7 right 1 wrong. And 2 ties

Thursday, 27 September

Grace over CCS +2 (I believe Grace keeps their streak going on this one and they just got one of their stars back this week up front after a long rehab from knee surgery due to a terrible injury this past winter during select )

McMinn County over Soddy Daisy +2 (Appears that Soddy is not up to their norm and McMinn is playing pretty solid)

ND over GPS +1 (Hoping for a major upset over what appears to be one of the best and highest scoring teams in the state; counting on that home field to be a major factor)

AAA- Very nice in the picks!

Booger- Agree with the first two picks (Grace and McMinn) but I have to flip the 'reality visor' down over the green tinted glasses for today and say GPS will take care of our Irish easily tonight..GPS has a strong senior group of girls, I believe most have been starters for a while so I have seen them play...Irish will struggle to put any points on the board...sorry

D

Booger- Agree with the first two picks (Grace and McMinn) but I have to flip the 'reality visor' down over the green tinted glasses for today and say GPS will take care of our Irish easily tonight..GPS has a strong senior group of girls, I believe most have been starters for a while so I have seen them play...Irish will struggle to put any points on the board...sorry

D

Just when I thought you would never take off those glasses :geek: You did! .....I fear you are correct with your ND vs GPS pick. ND will fight hard but come up short. <_< GPS by 4, MC by 3+, Grace ties.

Since its getting late in the season let me make this statement....Gps, MC, Baylor and maybe Grace (I know their good, just not sure how good) are by far and away the best teams in our area. For all the others..The EH,SD,ND,CCS,MCC and anyone else we talk about in our Top 10's are a distant second. This year I have seen alot of parity among those second tier teams which are going to make for some interesting early post season games.

Edited by MVM

Interesting Fact...

Using Eurosportscoreboard as my source

ND has 16 games on their schedule, their combined opponents wins are 89, for a ND strength of schedule of 5.5

SD has 17 games on their schedule, their combined opponents wins are 100,  strength of schedule of 5.8

MC has 18 games on their schedule, their combined opponents wins are 105, strength of schedule of 5.8

Grace   13 games on their schedule, their combined opponents wins are 50, strength of schedule of 3.8 

I'll let Champs do the Smith Co. and Seq Co. strength of schedule B)

D

I'm not sure how to respond, Champ :shock: .......Crushed........Booger going Irish until he starts breathing water; then when his lungs adapt to the fluid levels, he is going Irish some more.......will someone snatch that visor off his head tonight and throw it in the dumpster :D

McMinn barely wins in a 2 round PK shoot out. McMinn was up 2-0 and there was a formation change on MC side then the tides shifted. MC had a Center mid playin with a limp that didnt appear to help so they will take the win any way they can. Undefeated district play, by the hair of their coachs chinny chin chin.

Just when I thought you would never take off those glasses :geek: You did! .....I fear you are correct with your ND vs GPS pick. ND will fight hard but come up short. <_< GPS by 4, MC by 3+, Grace ties.

Since its getting late in the season let me make this statement....Gps, MC, Baylor and maybe Grace (I know their good, just not sure how good) are by far and away the best teams in our area. For all the others..The EH,SD,ND,CCS,MCC and anyone else we talk about in our Top 10's are a distant second. This year I have seen alot of parity among those second tier teams which are going to make for some interesting early post season games.

McMinn barely wins in a 2 round PK shoot out. McMinn was up 2-0 and there was a formation change on MC side then the tides shifted. MC had a Center mid playin with a limp that didnt appear to help so they will take the win any way they can. Undefeated district play, by the hair of their coachs chinny chin chin.

Definitely a tale of two halves! Second half formation adjustment by MC was just what SD needed to work their way back into match. SD clearly wanted the W more in second period. End result was a much needed W for MC, but don't think it was the textbook way to get it!

I'm not sure how to respond, Champ :shock: .......Crushed........Booger going Irish until he starts breathing water; then when his lungs adapt to the fluid levels, he is going Irish some more.......will someone snatch that visor off his head tonight and throw it in the dumpster :D

GPS 3

NOTRE DAME 0 

Hope you were able to finally see Boogerette play this season...Probably not the best game to come back into town for, but it certainly doesn't matter until the tournament begins! Good experience....

D

GPS 3

NOTRE DAME 0 

Hope you were able to finally see Boogerette play this season...Probably not the best game to come back into town for, but it certainly doesn't matter until the tournament begins! Good experience....

D

No sir, did not get to see her......was tracking 10,000 miles away..........I will be body and mind for the Cleveland game......new the GPS win was a long shot, but a chance......1-0 halftime-----ND was still in it until the last 10 I guess; Boogerette said they are a very good team.....she said the they just broke down at the end on defense and there GPS SR experience in the Middle and back was definately going to make it tuff for ND to score because we have such a difficult time putting balls in the net anyway.....Playoffs will start and they should be fine

Just when I thought you would never take off those glasses :geek: You did! .....I fear you are correct with your ND vs GPS pick. ND will fight hard but come up short. <_< GPS by 4, MC by 3+, Grace ties.

Since its getting late in the season let me make this statement....Gps, MC, Baylor and maybe Grace (I know their good, just not sure how good) are by far and away the best teams in our area. For all the others..The EH,SD,ND,CCS,MCC and anyone else we talk about in our Top 10's are a distant second. This year I have seen alot of parity among those second tier teams which are going to make for some interesting early post season games.

Competition definitely heating up and promising to be a fun post season...

Appreciate the props for Grace and definitely love my Eaglettes but still not sure where to rank them after the tie last night to CCS.  Had some sick players who appeared to be battling through  mild food poisoning from suspected bad mojo in the pre-game meal and it showed.  Not to take anything away from CCS, I will say they looked pretty solid top to bottom and appears they have matured quite a bit over the season.  Don't count them out.

Saw first half of the Cleveland game last night and they also looked pretty solid compared to when we faced them in pre-season play-day .  Of course you all know they went toe to toe with MC (County) and initially beat them until losing a heart breaker on controversial TSSAA ruling.  They deserve some consideration for sure.  #6 and #8 up top are impressive and #14 in back solid anchor to the D.

Also flying under the radar is MC (Central) who has quietly gone undefeated in district play with only regional losses to CCS and Soddy (1-0).  Despite losing their 11 seniors from last years District Champion team, it appears coach M has done a solid job of training up his youngsters and tweaking his formations to find a formidable line up.  Will definitely be a battle at our place next Tuesday with this years District Title on the line...