Gordonsville @ Lancaster Christian

croz6110

This school may do good things for athletes and for families, I do not know. However I can never respect a high school that will take in kids who are not eligible at other schools and let them play sports. If you flunk out of school A, heck come on down here to school B and you can play, that is the Lancaster moto. I can name names and even current players, but I will not because this is not the students fault. The organization and parents are at fault and this type of crap should never happen.

So they do lower their standards for athletes or they don't? I respect them for taking in kids other supposedly Christian schools won't if that is the case.

So they do lower their standards for athletes or they don't? I respect them for taking in kids other supposedly Christian schools won't if that is the case.

Let's say a kid is in school and he fails, because of this he is not allowed to play football for that school in the upcoming season. Now this same kid transfers to Lancaster and is allowed to play right away; this is what happens at this school and some others. No kid should be rewarded for failing, for not applying themselves or for getting into trouble. I am not saying this school lowers their standards for current students as I do not know; however I do know they will let students come in and play sports who did not make the grades at other schools. In football in particular the same student could still make failing grades and play an entire season and then not be allowed after their grades come out. That would be two seasons in a row the kid got to play all while making failing grades, and that should not happen. 

That doesn't currently apply to LCA anymore.  It may have in the past but they have new administration that prohibits this type of thing.  

Let's say a kid is in school and he fails, because of this he is not allowed to play football for that school in the upcoming season. Now this same kid transfers to Lancaster and is allowed to play right away; this is what happens at this school and some others. No kid should be rewarded for failing, for not applying themselves or for getting into trouble. I am not saying this school lowers their standards for current students as I do not know; however I do know they will let students come in and play sports who did not make the grades at other schools. In football in particular the same student could still make failing grades and play an entire season and then not be allowed after their grades come out. That would be two seasons in a row the kid got to play all while making failing grades, and that should not happen. 

That doesn't currently apply to LCA anymore.  It may have in the past but they have new administration that prohibits this type of thing.  

I am sure that many people do not think this is happening, and I am also sure some administrators do not know this is happening, but it is STILL happening. I stated earlier "current players" and I stand behind that statement because I know it to be true, and I know who some of them are. I will leave this topic alone, as I am not really trying to put a school or it's students down, and I do not be argumentative at all. I can say LCA seems to have a pretty good team this year and sometimes that comes at a price.  

There isn't any starter or contributor on this years team that wouldn't qualify to play elsewhere. I have been told this year players are ineligible to practice if they don't have homework turned into the teacher.  

This school may do good things for athletes and for families, I do not know. However I can never respect a high school that will take in kids who are not eligible at other schools and let them play sports. If you flunk out of school A, heck come on down here to school B and you can play, that is the Lancaster moto. I can name names and even current players, but I will not because this is not the students fault. The organization and parents are at fault and this type of crap should never happen. 

There isn't one starter or contributor on this team that wasn't qualified to play elsewhere. 

There isn't any starter or contributor on this years team that wouldn't qualify to play elsewhere. I have been told this year players are ineligible to practice if they don't have homework turned into the teacher.  

There isn't one starter or contributor on this team that wasn't qualified to play elsewhere. 

I said I would leave the topic alone and I will; however it seems as if you are misinformed and I will make one more statement. There ARE current players and starters on LCA that would not qualify at other schools. Maybe they are doing their work this year I do not know. All you have to do is look at your roster, now find the players who were not on the team last year, cross reference those and find where they went last year and just see if they made the grades. I am sure some of them did, but I know for  a FACT some of them did not.  

I said I would leave the topic alone and I will; however it seems as if you are misinformed and I will make one more statement. There ARE current players and starters on LCA that would not qualify at other schools. Maybe they are doing their work this year I do not know. All you have to do is look at your roster, now find the players who were not on the team last year, cross reference those and find where they went last year and just see if they made the grades. I am sure some of them did, but I know for  a FACT some of them did not.  

Well K1212, here's the problem. All of this is coming up because LCA beat a TSSAA team!  But what's funny is and I'm not trying to disrespect the players and parents, but the fact of the matter is, there are only about 4-5 guys on them team that would even see the field if they would have gone to their zoned school! And I know for a fact that at least 3 of them have no issues whatsoever in the classroom!(don't know the other 1 personally)  It's just the kids are taking advantage of someone giving them an opportunity, that they didn't get at their zoned school!  And you could be correct that a player is playing that shouldn't, but I do know it happens and is happening in the public schools.

My kid goes there and it's the best move we could have ever made.  Great teacher to student ratio, and get's an opportunity to learn more about Jesus! So it's a win win situation! At the zone school, not given much of an opportunity, but now since she's given an opportunity to get on the floor, now there's interest from colleges.

Edited by mboro

I am sure that many people do not think this is happening, and I am also sure some administrators do not know this is happening, but it is STILL happening. I stated earlier "current players" and I stand behind that statement because I know it to be true, and I know who some of them are. I will leave this topic alone, as I am not really trying to put a school or it's students down, and I do not be argumentative at all. I can say LCA seems to have a pretty good team this year and sometimes that comes at a price.  

That's what I'm saying K1212, it's people talking that probably hadn't even seen the team play! Again not being disrespectful to players and parents, but there are 29 kids on the team, including 8th & 9th graders who don't even see the field.  There are about 4-5 players on the team(not trying to down anyone), the other starters probably would not see action in their zone school!  So I just wish people would quit trying to act like there is a team full of studs that all of a sudden showed up at LCA! It's far from the case! Come to a game and you will see!

Edited by mboro

Sounds like sour grapes on your part. Simply not true and for you to make that accusation about someones private information is troublesome at best. 

Maybe they didn't want to overpay some fat cat web designer and keep their cost down on what they charge for tuition. Sounds like y'all got beat by some pretty abnormal private school folks. The more I hear about this school the more I respect them. I bet they take in cases of children who can't afford the school wether or not they run a 4.5 forty time or not or their parents not a doctor or lawyer. I have to give credit where credit is due. I'm sure being a Bishop and all you could respect someone actually trying to do what Jesus would probably approve of.

I could respect that...if I believed in the existence of Jesus.

Seriously, stop with the religious mumbo jumbo. It never ends well. You asked for information, I gAve it to you.

LCA lowers their standards for NO ONE!!! If you can't perform in the classroom, you don't touch the field. They really help kids to improve their ACT, the average ACT score at LCA is 26. There are NO athletic scholarships, every student is processed through FACTS management and then kids are awarded funds based on their ability to function academically. 

I can see that there is really no point in explaining this, no one is listening! God bless and keep you all.

I still want to know about Lancaster not allowing Gordonsville band to come to the game. That is the absolute dumbest thing I have ever heard of. I would make Lancaster fans sit on the ground next year and let them dress in the parking lot. What goes around comes around.

Wow, these are kids that you are speaking of. The fans didn't make the decision, the school did.

What Would Jesus Do? God bless you.