South Pittsburg at Grundy (Moore man vs. that Bryant man)

Roy Dillard

I was worried about this one at the beginning of the season,but it looks like so far Grundy just hasn't found it this year! Our defense how ever has been prone to get hurt through the air for quiet some time now. Yes, our defense is better and they are a lot older but they should be way better then last years defense. The DLine and Line Backers are older and smarter and not 16 years old anymore and there should be no room for a blown coverage or line backers not being able to get proper drops in the passing lanes. A defense with many young boys on defenIse as we had last year what offense wouldn't make your defense look bad! The defense is better cause of the experience those kids received from those beatings last year! The competion will make your defense look great if they are weak and that's just what they have done this year! Hixson made our defense look awful! Let's see what this years defense would have done if they were going to the eagles nest or making a trip up to Knoxville, that's when you will find out about what this defense really is! For all of you fellas who think this years defense is better I will agree with you all on that but we haven't played anyone, any person with any kind of sense at all would say that we are better on defense considering the cupcakes we have played!

Good post, the best team has been Hixon and that turned out bad. The Pirates need to get to work and keep improving this week. LBs Mitchell, Moseley, Moss, Blevins and Conner will have to step up their play and the DL will need to control the line scrimmage and get pressure on the QB. The SP offense has been subject to change weekly with multiple looks. Again the 3 headed snake of the Pirates will be dangerous.

Good post, the best team has been Hixon and that turned out bad. The Pirates need to get to work and keep improving this week. LBs Mitchell, Moseley, Moss, Blevins and Conner will have to step up their play and the DL will need to control the line scrimmage and get pressure on the QB. The SP offense has been subject to change weekly with multiple looks. Again the 3 headed snake of the Pirates will be dangerous.

Good post OP

I might agree with you Indian, but when I checked the paper on that SP vs Sequatchie game it was like 23 first downs to 6 and 500+ yds of offense to 150. Both teams had a couple of turnovers. I'm not sure what else to say.

I could go into specifics but that game was a couple of weeks ago, the point was that big of a margin in both games makes it hard to believe this week's Grundy game will be much different.

Our biggest asset is our line. The 3 headed monster is starting to turn into a 4 headed monster with Grider becoming more comfortable.