CPA versus Milan - Round 3

sportsnerd

after gettin embarrassed by a really good westview team at home and on homecoming i might add. cpa will put this one away by the end of the first half. suspended players comin back won't help milan. by the way, anybody with half a brain knows what they were suspended for and this will prolly piss a few people off but if i was coach they wouldn't be comin back at all. they knew the rules before they put their pads on. it's embarrassing to say the least. we need to play with what we got win or lose with the kids that didn't think they are above the rules. MILAN WILL BE BACK!! jus not this year.

Agree 100%!!!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a shame about the suspensions especially for the seniors that had nothing to do with it.  That's probably what they'll remember from this season.  Do you think the returning suspended palyers will start or play much?  Youth really is wasted on the young.

I for one am worried about this game.

Prior to the start of the season. 3 of them were slated as starters. 2 of them were studs. One in particular had the potential to be special. I don't know if they will start know be they were supposed to be prior to the suspensions. If you put back all the starter we lost to suspensions and injuries, we would have been a completely different team. Our starting qb and a starting wide-out are both out for the year. They played on defense as well. But no excuses.... we have to play with what we got.

That's a shame about the suspensions especially for the seniors that had nothing to do with it.  That's probably what they'll remember from this season.  Do you think the returning suspended palyers will start or play much?  Youth really is wasted on the young.

I for one am worried about this game. 

yes they are going to start and play. they are kids and did break rules and were dumb to do it but everyone deserves another chance. But now if they do it again then yeah kick them off. Because of suspensions and injuries Milan has played a lot of underclassmen, Should be really good next year

yes they are going to start and play. they are kids and did break rules and were dumb to do it but everyone deserves another chance. But now if they do it again then yeah kick them off. Because of suspensions and injuries Milan has played a lot of underclassmen, Should be really good next year

See... I have mixed emotions about the situation anyway. I firmly believe in giving kids a second chance. But when you know the rules, and purposely make a choice to defy the rules know the consequences..... thats when I have a problem. And what does that say to the young men who made good choices and didn't break the rules. They showed up to 2 a days in the heat of the summer, did the lifting, given everything to the team and have been starting and now you replace with somebody who did not have the same dedication. What does that decision say to those guys??? Tough call to make.

If they broke team rules and were NOT punished, then of course that sends the wrong message to the rest of the team and moral problems start.  In this case, the offenders were were hit with half the season in street clothes.  Give them a second but last chance.  Maybe the'll be better men for it.

good reasoning. I think it will be a better game than most people do. could be wrong

No one has seen the Milan team that will play tomorrow night. Taking 3 starters and two other contributors makes a huge difference.

CPA Iost a ton of seniors off last years team. It has taken a while to get the new starters acclimated. This is not last yeRs team. CPA has also been hit hard with injuries and will be missing key starters.

I expect a dog fight on Thursday night. CPA is preparing for just that. No one is paying attention to Milan's record this year because it will be a different team that shows up Thursday.

CPA has also been hit hard with injuries and will be missing key starters.

Who?

It's pretty widely known but just in case...I don't want to give Milan extra help in their game planning.  BPM hasn't quoted names, positions, or numbers for the Milan kids returning either. 

CPA has a few secret weapons that will be revealed tomorrow night themselves. 

No one has seen the Milan team that will play tomorrow night. Taking 3 starters and two other contributors makes a huge difference.

CPA Iost a ton of seniors off last years team. It has taken a while to get the new starters acclimated. This is not last yeRs team. CPA has also been hit hard with injuries and will be missing key starters.

I expect a dog fight on Thursday night. CPA is preparing for just that. No one is paying attention to Milan's record this year because it will be a different team that shows up Thursday.

Agree with the "dog fight" and CPA's team is different this year, but they may actually be better. QB position is stronger with one QB who runs better than last year's Sr. and one who throws almost as well, plus the depth at the position.

Receiver position is definitely better.

3 good RB's this year instead of one. They stay fresher and healthier.

2 of the 5 linemen are better, and the other 3 are faster than last year's group.

No TE in the offense.

Kicker is back for 3rd year and better.

On defense, they are much faster and the 2 DT's are D1 prospects.

So, they lost seniors but overall I think they are better. Another reason is that almost all of the players have now been only in Coach Martin' system, so they execute better.

Milan is always tough, but Martin will have them ready.

OK, I admit it, I am a "sportsnerd" and I love to analyze the teams. Here are some interesting stats on CPA. The 5 teams they have beat are 10-8 in other games and all are 4A or higher.

CPA in the 1st half (starters) have outscored opponents 25-5.

CPA has held 4 of 5 opponents (stats not available for other team) to an average of 59 yards rushing. These 4 opponents have averaged 189 yards rushing in their other games. For example, Maplewood rushed for 55 against CPA and has averaged 241 in their other games.

Giles Co. rushed for 83 against CPA and has averaged 246 in their other games.

Most of the rushing yards these teams got against CPA were after CPA was way ahead.

That's pretty stout defense.

http://www.brentwoodhomepage.com/game-preview-no-1-cpa-milan-meet-at-vu-on-thursday-cms-13988#.UkJXboZJ6s0

I thought this was a pretty good article. Coach Martin has some good things to say about Milan.

good article. thanks for posting. btw don't know where the report of 5 players are coming back. it is only 2 players. now granted they are really good but big difference than 5 starters coming back. I just don't see Milan being able to score more than 14 pts even though my son says the offense has looked good in practice this week. Hope I'm wrong

good article. thanks for posting. btw don't know where the report of 5 players are coming back. it is only 2 players. now granted they are really good but big difference than 5 starters coming back. I just don't see Milan being able to score more than 14 pts even though my son says the offense has looked good in practice this week. Hope I'm wrong

Well, I don't know. I only know what I read on here and media. Both which need to have filters. I usually put 50% accuracy on both.

I will say that some of the Milan posters who have been extremely reliable in the past have said that the 5 suspended players are returning tomorrow night. Can you be more specific? Who is coming back and who is not?

Thanks.

Oh, it is awesome that you have a son playing. I know what that feels like and still get chill bumps watching the tapes. Enjoy every minute!!!