Gibbs vs. Oak Ridge

boyfromsi

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well looking at the schedules looks like they are going to be big games for both AC and OR the rest of they way out. AC has Halls I can say they will win that one. OR has Gibbs and Karns starting this week I think they can win them. But really its still anyons district to win with AC and OR being the front runners. Looks like we have 5 teams that has 0 losses on just 1 loss in the district. Alot of football to be played...

Well looking at the schedules looks like they are going to be big games for both AC and OR the rest of they way out. AC has Halls I can say they will win that one. OR has Gibbs and Karns starting this week I think they can win them. But really its still anyons district to win with AC and OR being the front runners. Looks like we have 5 teams that has 0 losses on just 1 loss in the district. Alot of football to be played...

It doesn't really matter who wins the district. The playoffs is where both AC and OR will finally get some competition IMO. I hate to say it, but with the district being down a little doesn't help either team. I mean look at Dobyns Bennett in the past. Somewhat breeze through the regular season just to lose in the first or second rd of the playoffs.

92, oh yeah it matters alright.  First team goal every year is win the district. Bragging rights mean alot to these kids and fans.   Also, matters this year in playoff seeding.  District winners will automatically be the highest seeded team from their own district in their quad regardless of overall record, head to head competition (head to head still used in tie breaker) or the strength of schedule component.  Sounds like that logic should be a no brainer for TSSAA,  but it was only tweaked to go into effect this year.  A few teams last year won their district and were actually seeded lower in the quad than the second place team from their district.  I know it sounds crazy but its TSSAA we're dealing with.  So yeah, winning district matters big time this year.

But I see what you're saying.  Our district is so bad, that when the playoffs start and we actually have to play a good team, both teams could be in trouble.  We can't help it if the rest of the district is not very good.  I think with the exception of Halls and maybe Karns, everybody else is getting better. 

Edited by ORidgeKat

It doesn't really matter who wins the district. The playoffs is where both AC and OR will finally get some competition IMO. I hate to say it, but with the district being down a little doesn't help either team. I mean look at Dobyns Bennett in the past. Somewhat breeze through the regular season just to lose in the first or second rd of the playoffs.

Tell the kids it dont matter....lol But the OR and AC game will have a playoff feeling both teams will prob be in hopefully. I like having a tough game before playoffs starts.... Alot better than having a halls team last game of the season.

OR moved in the AP top 10 this week.... Hope you all win out till week 10. lol And if AC can beat Central, Catholic, Powell that should be 2 top 5 teams playing for the district with the top seed getting a #1 seed.... Goodluck OR!!!

Although i don't think we deserve to be recognized as a top 10 team in 5A right now it is pretty cool that two Anderson County teams are in the top 10.