Gibbs vs. Oak Ridge

boyfromsi

Tell the kids it dont matter....lol But the OR and AC game will have a playoff feeling both teams will prob be in hopefully. I like having a tough game before playoffs starts.... Alot better than having a halls team last game of the season.

Its good for the kids and fans. All I'm saying is winning this district in the past would've meant you had one heck of a team that could go all the way to the Championship. OR, Powell, Central, and Halls used to be some of the best teams in the state. I'm just saying it used to be a lot harder to win this district in my opinion. But there is still a lot that can happen. We will just have to see how things unfold.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how many jv players we had compared to them.  But I can tell you what I did see.  The first half Oak Ridge played really well.  Opened the game with an 80 yard drive for a TD that took up most all of the first quarter.  Then the teams punted back and forth.  We mounted another long drive at the end of the half, had fourth and goal and the fade to Higgins was incomplete as time expired.  Could've made an easy field goal right there, but apparently in a combined game we didn't have a "field goal unit"?  Second half wasn't so good.  We had about 6 delay of game penalties?  The 25 second clocks were on and working? We had one on a punt!  Finally we were up 15-14 and had to punt.  Centered it over the punters head who had to fall on the ball around the 20.  Catholic ran 3 pass plays in 20 seconds all incomplete.   On fourth down they trotted the kicker out for a 37 yarder right down the middle as time expired.  I swear Catholic called about 6 time outs in the second half and they just kept giving them time outs, it was very bizarre. 

One thing really left me scratching my head though.  It appeared to me that #2 could have taken that game over had he got a few more touches.  But for some reason they continued to try to pound between the tackles on the inside zone play over and over and over and it just wasn't there.  Definately not our best performance of the year from the guys in charge on the sideline. 

All in all it was a good competitive game and I'm sure alot of lessons were learned last night by all. 

Go Cats

I'm not sure how many jv players we had compared to them.  But I can tell you what I did see.  The first half Oak Ridge played really well.  Opened the game with an 80 yard drive for a TD that took up most all of the first quarter.  Then the teams punted back and forth.  We mounted another long drive at the end of the half, had fourth and goal and the fade to Higgins was incomplete as time expired.  Could've made an easy field goal right there, but apparently in a combined game we didn't have a "field goal unit"?  Second half wasn't so good.  We had about 6 delay of game penalties?  The 25 second clocks were on and working? We had one on a punt!  Finally we were up 15-14 and had to punt.  Centered it over the punters head who had to fall on the ball around the 20.  Catholic ran 3 pass plays in 20 seconds all incomplete.   On fourth down they trotted the kicker out for a 37 yarder right down the middle as time expired.  I swear Catholic called about 6 time outs in the second half and they just kept giving them time outs, it was very bizarre. 

One thing really left me scratching my head though.  It appeared to me that #2 could have taken that game over had he got a few more touches.  But for some reason they continued to try to pound between the tackles on the inside zone play over and over and over and it just wasn't there.  Definately not our best performance of the year from the guys in charge on the sideline. 

All in all it was a good competitive game and I'm sure alot of lessons were learned last night by all. 

Go Cats

I agree with your view of the game. Who is in charge of those games? Gaddis didn't arrive until the second half. Some coaches got there after it started. I guess they were at practice.