Shot at placing at Super 32?

cowboypete

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kramer should place at 220.  Only around 30 in the weight class and many of the top guys in the nation are playing football.  I could see Murphy a 3X Fargo AA or maybe Chalifoux a 1X Fargo AA placing if they get a great draw.  The problem with 113 is they have over 150 kids in their weight class with multiple national place winners thrown in for good measure.  From 106-145 you have to be a complete stud to place. 

Kramer should place at 220.  Only around 30 in the weight class and many of the top guys in the nation are playing football.  I could see Murphy a 3X Fargo AA or maybe Chalifoux a 1X Fargo AA placing if they get a great draw.  The problem with 113 is they have over 150 kids in their weight class with multiple national place winners thrown in for good measure.  From 106-145 you have to be a complete stud to place. 

No offense meant but 106 and 113 are not even in the same ball park as the middle weights. What national placers are in 106? Are you refering to age based tournaments? The middle weights up to 160 are always the toughest by far. 106 is mostly freshmen and sophmores. There are a lot of returning place winners in 113 but thats because they were in 106 the year before, its also mostly underclassmen. The middle weights usually dont have as many returning placers because its always senior dominated. I had rather wrestle in a bracket with 140+ freshmen and sophmores than 75 seniors any day of the week. When you do have the rare upper-classman in 106 or 113 they are usually not as physically developed as the middle weights. Thats one reason Debien and Oliver are so succesfull. Not only are they extremley talented wrestlers they are also physically and athletically more comparable to middle weight guys. This tournament does drop off big time when you get to 170 it appears but everything below that is loaded with studs. I think kramer and West have the best shot at placing. They are both outstanding wrestlers and they also have much easier brackets due to football. I think Debien , Murphy and Chalifoux have the next best shots also because of favorable weights. The guys in the middle weights better be prepared for a war because all those guys are good.

I think Kennedy may suprise some folks and have a good tournament. There are a couple of studs in his weight and probably the best wrestler in the country in Marsteller but it drops off quick after the first couple of guys.  Stevison could also make a run. He is very dangerous and can get hot with his funky style and suprise some folks. He is one of my favorite wrestlers to watch without a doubt. Im shocked to see Sutherland that heavy. I would like to see him 100% because that kid can wrestle with anybody when hes healthy but I think hes probably missed too much time from the mat the last couple of years to do well in this tournament. Simpson is another I think will have a great year. Hes right in the heart of all the studs in this tournament though so it will be rough. Connell has also had a great amount of success in Tennessee but hes in one of those super hard weight classes. If you look at his losses and close matches last year I just dont see any guys that were super32 level. Why isnt Tate Robinson wrestling ? Has he wrestled at all since transfering to Baylor ? Did he catch the injury bug that seems to plague the Baylor wrestlers? He would obviously be a contender to place if hes not too rusty. is Oliver wrestling in the tournament in Iowa? He obviously would have been our best shot at a champion.  

Edited by rgiii