Meigs County Football - where did it go?

anothertiger

I have an idea. Hire those Refs each week that called the Westmoreland and Meigs game back in 1995. It would be hard for Meigs to lose with those Refs.

I remember that night well. It was a great game. Clint Brown and that BIG tackle were tough. It was not the Refs that won that game; It was A team effort from Meigs aided by a big time catch and run by Brian Peck. Westmoreland fans messed up by calling Tyrone names during pre-game. Tyrone ran extra hard that night and absolutely lit Mr. Brown up more than once. It was not a fluke or the refs. We put up 62 points the next week at Alcoa. How many teams have EVER done that!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saw some of the worst coaching ever fri. nite at meigs co. hate to see a school with such tradition as this one have the coaching staff it has!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ive seen these kids play in jr. ball,& they were great! game with central much much closer than the score! hold ur head up boys, from what I hear, help is on the way!!!!! need to do some house cleaning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's disappointing to see such strife in a program, regardless of where the program is located. Meigs County was once a very good program and a playoff contender every year. Those days are gone (this year). Two years ago, District 3 was one of the toughest districts in the state. It's still a tough district, Meigs needs to strap it up and make it tougher! Regardless of coaching, kids choose to play as hard on every play as they want to. Step up guys, play for the pride and tradition of the school, the coaching stuff will take care of itself. You only get one go around in HS, and the #1 team in the state is coming to town. As one of our team mom's says "if that won't get your fire going, your wood's wet". Let's have a great game, with packed stands Friday night. Good luck Tigers.

Stepping down off the soapbox now.

I just looked at meigs schedule and all their losses are to teams with great records.My the teams they are playing are just better....oh like most fans that's not the case its either the coaches fault or the refs when they lose...that's what's wrong with todays generation....everyone elses fault.

I didn't mean any disrespect to the coaching staff. I would never stoop to that level, I hope you didn't take my post that way. My intention was to ENCOURAGE Meigs. Good luck this year and in the next 4 yrs in District 3.

Calling the Tellico coach a cancer is a little extreme. I have an idea on who you are talking about. That guy had no business being in his position, but he was no cancer.

The reason I say it was a cancer is because too many kids were affected.  You either had great atheletes that refused to go out and play, or you had kids that were grumbling and hangin their heads down anytime offense was mentioned.  When one individual affects a group negatively, that's what I call a cancer. 

Meigs has some work to do.  I agree with the one poster that said that the teams meigs has played have just been that good.  When those games come along, it's a coaches job to not only practice the kids hard, but build them up, show them that they can be "relevant" in the game.  If you can get that attitude to realize your there to give it all you have, despite the fact you're supposed to lose.  Look at McMinn County the last time they played in the playoffs.  They drew Also first thing.  But the coaches built them up.  They gave Alcoa a fit!  They made the players believe, instead of just rolling over. 

I will give some credit to the offense. They tried to get away from the spread a little. They threw the ball the first half but not so much the second.

Defense well lets just say Central made adjustments on their offense and we didn't make any adjustments on special teams or defense. That is no ones fault but the coaches.

The boys played hard and played with heart. I was glad to see that. We can't keep putting the blame on the boys coaches. If you don't know what to do- you would think you would be figuring it out but no!!!!!

Come on administration...enough is enough! Find us a quality coaching staff. We need the pride back!

I just looked at meigs schedule and all their losses are to teams with great records.My the teams they are playing are just better....oh like most fans that's not the case its either the coaches fault or the refs when they lose...that's what's wrong with todays generation....everyone elses fault.

another schedule reader!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good grief! need to catch a game at meigs, coaching is the worse ive seen since alcoas ironside years!!!!! these kids deserve better, I watched the kids, I know the kids,get a coaching staff there, that program will be back in no time!!!!! coaches  are terrible