CCS TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE (This Weekend)

CHAMPDDS

You'd get more respect if you had left the excuses at home. Good news is that there are playoffs. Any respect will be earned on the field.

Haha...that's funny considering some prior posts from the Irish faithful. 

Looking forward to the playoffs but unless I was imagining things, I think all the games I referred to were actually played on a field and not video game simulations...

To be clear, paper reports CCS v Grace as CCS wins 2-0 PKs

Were there PKs in the CCS-ND or CCS-Tullahoma games??  Methinks not but If there were, the games were still recorded as ties.  I suspect that CCS suspended the shootout format after the Grace game when they realized they failed to notify any of the teams in the tourney ties would be decided in that manner which is apparently unique.

Also...at the risk of it sounding like making 'excuses'...thought it would be interesting to point out that the Grace-Tullahoma game yesterday was Tullahoma's first of the Tourney while Grace had already played a highly contested game against CCS less than 24hrs before.  By contrast, the CCS-Tullahoma game today was Tullahoma's second of the day (Played Anderson County 9am) and CCS's only game of the day.

Just sayin...

Haha...that's funny considering some prior posts from the Irish faithful. 

Looking forward to the playoffs but unless I was imagining things, I think all the games I referred to were actually played on a field and not video game simulations...

Notre Dame has more than earned its respect on the field year over year. ND always has one of the toughest schedules in the state. Grace decided to pat its schedule like so many pretenders before them. Stomach bugs, injuries, OT procedures, whatever other excuse you can think of, won't matter once the playoff begins is my point.

Cannon...please reach up and take that green chip of blarney stone off your shoulder.  I in no way meant or implied any disrespect to ND.  I was merely lobbying for some respect for Grace based on their play on the field...this year.  And...I would hardly call scheduling Bradley, Soddy, CCS and Cleveland padding a schedule. 

Feel free to be a 'hater' but you remind me of an old proverb (not Biblical) I've always found to be true that, "harsh and bitter words indicate a weak cause."  Sniff...sniff...sniff...is that some fear I smell in the ND camp??  :popcorneater:  

What's next on the CCS excuses?  Planets misaligned, voodoo curs, West Nile Virus affected the goalie, players had a physics test 48 hours before the game.  Give me a break.  The rural middle Tennesse team needs some credit for being pretty good.  Two starters were not even there for the tournament.

Edited by hillrider

Cannon...please reach up and take that green chip of blarney stone off your shoulder. I in no way meant or implied any disrespect to ND. I was merely lobbying for some respect for Grace based on their play on the field...this year. And...I would hardly call scheduling Bradley, Soddy, CCS and Cleveland padding a schedule.

Feel free to be a 'hater' but you remind me of an old proverb (not Biblical) I've always found to be true that, "harsh and bitter words indicate a weak cause." Sniff...sniff...sniff...is that some fear I smell in the ND camp?? :popcorneater:

To compare your schedule with Notre Dame is absolutely ridiculous. You have played two teams with winning records. You lost to won and tied the other. I'm happy to see you with passion but until you play someone with credibility ssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!! Edited by Cannaonball54

To compare your schedule with Notre Dame is absolutely ridiculous. You have played two teams with winning records. You lost to won and tied the other. I'm happy to see you with passion but until you play someone with credibility ssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!

Play CAK,GPS,Baylor,Knox Catholic,Briarcrest,Hardin Valley,Bearden etc...... Should I go on?? Being as you probably don't even know half these teams,they are the powerhouses we consistently schedule year after year and compete !!!!! So until you can walk this walk or have tried too Sssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gee Cannonball...your chip may be even more serious than your Cannon brother...may need to see a doctor to get that removed or at least make a visit to a confessional and maybe the priest can help you with that.

Go back and read the posts...there was never any comparison to ND's schedule nor anything about your mommas.  Regardless, you and I both know any team is only as good as their last game and resting on past laurels or strength of schedule amounts to a whole bunch of speculation. 

However in the absence of any head to head competition...yet,  and referring to tangible results, comparing teams both have played this year...

Grace 1-0-1

ND 0-1-1

But you're probably right...Grace is just a wanna be so mind as well underestimate them...

Hillrider....you are right and the exchange above is merely between two Chattanoogans arguing over local bragging rights.  Tullahoma does indeed deserve credit.  They are a very tough physical team and made some clever runs up front to create scoring opportunities.  Appears to be significant parity in their district as they seem to be just as strong as Shelbyville who lost to Cleveland 4-2 in the CCS Tourney.  Think Tullahoma could have given Cleveland a run for their money and Cleveland is pretty strong right now.  Will be interested to see how their post season turns out.

Cannon...please reach up and take that green chip of blarney stone off your shoulder.  I in no way meant or implied any disrespect to ND.  I was merely lobbying for some respect for Grace based on their play on the field...this year.  And...I would hardly call scheduling Bradley, Soddy, CCS and Cleveland padding a schedule. 

Feel free to be a 'hater' but you remind me of an old proverb (not Biblical) I've always found to be true that, "harsh and bitter words indicate a weak cause."  Sniff...sniff...sniff...is that some fear I smell in the ND camp??  :popcorneater:  

Oh no, how dare you consider your measly little team "Grace" even in the same sentence as the amazing, incomparable, perennial power house that is NOTRE DAME!!! :rolleyes: You know the only way their schedule could get any tougher is if they played themselves. :popcorneater:

Oh no, how dare you consider your measly little team "Grace" even in the same sentence as the amazing, incomparable, perennial power house that is NOTRE DAME!!! :rolleyes: You know the only way their schedule could get any tougher is if they played themselves. :popcorneater:

...That was good...even as an Irish Fan, I laughed...

D

I can say, with much due respect, that I have been excited to see what Grace would look like this year.  Their middle school team has been tremendous the past few years, beating our girls at St Jude for the title 2 out of the past 3 years.  They are loaded with club players, like ND.  They have a great middle school system, like ND; and passionate parents, like ND.  I can tell you with great certainty that the girls at ND, at least the ones from St. Jude, are anxious to get another shot at Grace.  I'm happy that Grace has performed so well and lived up to the potential that you just knew was there.  Whether or not they schedule the world-beaters is another story for another day, they could prove themselves to be world-beaters in the coming month.

But let's hope not.

Go Irish!