South Pit vs Boyd (Moore man against that Reynolds man)

Roy Dillard

NoHope................... Like I said, get your twin brother Al Capone to come out of hiding as well. 😉

Only because this thread is so dead I'll toss a few  stones to make some ripples.  Neither Nohope or Al ever hid;  not my style. APB and OP both shamed Nohope into an early grave after the 2008 season and old Al is stumbling around dazed and confused in the '09 / '10 years.  I never left, just changed styles and kept on posting.  I will, as stated, always be willing to resurrect this name to defend that 2008 team. One very special football team...the current MC and SP teams could learn a lot by studying that group. 

I've seen enough of SP this year to know they will still outrun most local teams.  I like what Coach Moore is doing with his team.  Seem to be getting more diverse with each passing week.  Should really hit their stride and make some playoff noise by season's end IF they continue to corral those attitudes.  I'm just not real fond of some behaviors I seen earlier this year.  Boyd will be tough next week.  SP would be smart not to be sucked in by their record.  Just believe Boyd will be unable to pull off what Hixson did and contain those SP backs for four quarters of football.  I guess ole Glenn would explain it by saying Boyd is good and fast, but not good and fast enough to beat SP this year. 

Reaction, just to be clear, I have always respected that 2008 Boyd team.  Met a few of those players.  Fine young men.

Only because this thread is so dead I'll toss a few stones to make some ripples. Neither Nohope or Al ever hid; not my style. APB and OP both shamed Nohope into an early grave after the 2008 season and old Al is stumbling around dazed and confused in the '09 / '10 years. I never left, just changed styles and kept on posting. I will, as stated, always be willing to resurrect this name to defend that 2008 team. One very special football team...the current MC and SP teams could learn a lot by studying that group.

I've seen enough of SP this year to know they will still outrun most local teams. I like what Coach Moore is doing with his team. Seem to be getting more diverse with each passing week. Should really hit their stride and make some playoff noise by season's end IF they continue to corral those attitudes. I'm just not real fond of some behaviors I seen earlier this year. Boyd will be tough next week. SP would be smart not to be sucked in by their record. Just believe Boyd will be unable to pull off what Hixson did and contain those SP backs for four quarters of football. I guess ole Glenn would explain it by saying Boyd is good and fast, but not good and fast enough to beat SP this year.

Reaction, just to be clear, I have always respected that 2008 Boyd team. Met a few of those players. Fine young men.

Good post NoHope. All fellow CoachT posters welcome you back to the boards. It's good to have you back pal. Every good team must have a leader to emerge at some point. SP had a few bad attitudes earlier that I noticed as well. It seems that many of those have been corralled. I wish I had went to Grundy last Friday. I was told the team came together during a tough time during a game that no one thought would be tough. Good teams have to overcome these things sometime. We know you're a warrior, but that orange and black blood is hard to get out isn't it? No matter how many transfusions you've had. LMBO

I think Boyd brings a 1-4 record to this game. Their lone victory was a two-point win over a very mediocre Red Bank where neither team showed any defense. This is probably the worst team Boyd has fielded in several years. But this game is at the swamp, and it has become somewhat of a rivalry, and Grundy is the closest thing the Pirates have to a definitive victory. Therefore, I believe this game will be worth every penny it costs to get in.

I think Boyd brings a 1-4 record to this game. Their lone victory was a two-point win over a very mediocre Red Bank where neither team showed any defense. This is probably the worst team Boyd has fielded in several years. But this game is at the swamp, and it has become somewhat of a rivalry, and Grundy is the closest thing the Pirates have to a definitive victory. Therefore, I believe this game will be worth every penny it costs to get in.

I hope the boys don't sell Boyd short. If they do they will lose this game. I can only think of once in recent memory when we had an easy game vs Boyd at The Swamp and that was 2007 with a great team. News Flash. This isn't 2007. SP needs to continue to improve.

I hope the boys don't sell Boyd short. If they do they will lose this game. I can only think of once in recent memory when we had an easy game vs Boyd at The Swamp and that was 2007 with a great team. News Flash. This isn't 2007. SP needs to continue to improve.

I hope the boys feel exactly the way most SP fans do about us!!! My question Ambassador is, because your one of the realists on here, would people feel different about the game if we were undefeated because if we would of played Silverdale's schedule we would be 6-0 and still ranked high and that would of been with the same kids....amazing how many people are looking at our record only...would like your thoughts?

D60, let me ask you a question.  Is that Reynolds man going to let you and pegleg ride around the swamp on your motorcycle?  I garuntee you those Boyd people might not like that mess.  You think im joking but im not.

I hope the boys feel exactly the way most SP fans do about us!!! My question Ambassador is, because your one of the realists on here, would people feel different about the game if we were undefeated because if we would of played Silverdale's schedule we would be 6-0 and still ranked high and that would of been with the same kids....amazing how many people are looking at our record only...would like your thoughts?

Some people look at records and nothing else. I agree if Boyd had played Silverdale's schedule they would be moving in on 6-0 this week instead of 2-4. That schedule has been brutal and you have played some really good teams. Notre Dame, McMinn Central, DCA and FRA are all good teams.

I'm finally back old age was getting to me couldn't remember my password and finally found time to reset it!  Now let's see if I can rattle some cages!?

Been reading and trying to catch up on what's going on! 

So what is the deal down the road in good  o SP  I hear there are some discipline issues going on and a lot of players trying to play me ball instead of team ball.  Don't want to see this destroy what has always been a good football program.  Sure hope they pull it together and get back to playing the way they have in the past!

Only reason you guys scored is we fumbled inside our 5 yard line i think and it took you 4 plays to get it in the endzone. The better team lost that night.  :popcorneater:

Lord reaction I think you have taken over Old Pirates rose colored glasses?  How do you figure the better team lost?  As far as I could tell that season Boyd and MC were pretty evenly matched up!  I say the better team won that night or the team that wanted it more! 

Been following Boyd on Ball Frog what's going up that way? 

I can't wait to see how this game matches up and see who pulls out the W!