6-0 Fairview @ 5-0 Lewis County

Jacketman89

You must have been that kid in the 3rd grade that got the golden star sticker like 3 weeks in a row and then show and tell day comes along and the kid u dislike brings the shiny new 8 track in and you're like ....but...but.... my golden stars!!!!.... chill out. Its a game u have been watching in the stands since freshman year

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must have been that kid in the 3rd grade that got the golden star sticker like 3 weeks in a row and then show and tell day comes along and the kid u dislike brings the shiny new 8 track in and you're like ....but...but.... my golden stars!!!!.... chill out. Its a game u have been watching in the stands since freshman year

keep your day job!

The past does matter, its call tradition. Those times when your program dips a little because of talent or injuries being in the habit of winning helps pull you up. You see some teams that are good for a year or two then go in the tank for several years, that’s because they have no past.  Fairview is starting to build upon their short tradition of winning and now expect to win each week. It wasn’t too many years ago that was not the case. No one is living in the past or think that some old running back like Rainey is going to show up and run for 9 TDs for LC, but to say that doesn’t matter sounds like someone who hasn’t experienced it over the long hall

the past doesn't matter at all but when some Fairview fans talk about Lewis Co. never being able to beat Fairview thats when I bring it up!! MY POINT IS WHAT HAPPEND LAST YR OR 10YRS AGO HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GAME FRIDAY!!!!!!!!

someone said "Lewis Co. Never being able to beat Fairview"

The past does matter, its call tradition. Those times when your program dips a little because of talent or injuries being in the habit of winning helps pull you up. You see some teams that are good for a year or two then go in the tank for several years, that’s because they have no past. Fairview is starting to build upon their short tradition of winning and now expect to win each week. It wasn’t too many years ago that was not the case. No one is living in the past or think that some old running back like Rainey is going to show up and run for 9 TDs for LC, but to say that doesn’t matter sounds like someone who hasn’t experienced it over the long hall

I'd been thinking something terribly similar to this for quite a while now. Well said.

Yes the past does matter. In the past 4 years this senior group at Fairview is 36 and 8 and have learned how to win. This same group also won championships in middle school. As well as the middle school kids that are presently playing for a championship today of a league that Lewis is in and has not showed in a while. Also saw where there was a game early in the week where Fairview sent 23 freshman to Lewis and yes the 23 freshman beat the 40 plus Lewis team. It looks as if the future also matters. Sounds like more than a year or two. Your problem with the past theory is our kids do not remember not winning. So I believe the culture of winning and good football in Fairview is here to stay. See ya Fri.

Ok Lewis County and Fairview fans, this is GAME of the WEEK in 3A. Let's have a little less smack and a little more analysis. You both are in the top 5 and will be in the playoffs. This game has a huge impact on playoff seeding. Tell those of us who are not familiar with either team what to expect. All eyes in 3A are on this game. Give the rest of us some insight.... :)

Yeah, good luck with that one! It's a straight up smack off in here. lol

Yes the past does matter. In the past 4 years this senior group at Fairview is 36 and 8 and have learned how to win. This same group also won championships in middle school. As well as the middle school kids that are presently playing for a championship today of a league that Lewis is in and has not showed in a while. Also saw where there was a game early in the week where Fairview sent 23 freshman to Lewis and yes the 23 freshman beat the 40 plus Lewis team. It looks as if the future also matters. Sounds like more than a year or two. Your problem with the past theory is our kids do not remember not winning. So I believe the culture of winning and good football in Fairview is here to stay. See ya Fri.

We'll see how well that holds up Friday night.

We all know how middle school translates to Friday nights. You sure you're not an East fan?

Well it has translated into wins in Fairview , can not speak for East. You have been on here long enough to know the talk in EH that is why you made the comment. It also translates on the other end when you are not excelling , but you know that don't you. A lot of adults and kids have been putting in a lot of hard work over the years. To hear LC talk we had a couple talented kids for a couple years and now we will just fade away. Fairview does respect your program and you may win but you will have to take it. It will not be given away. It will be a great game.

I believe this game between Lewis County and Fairview will be the game to decide who wins the District. I have seen both teams play. One on a nice night and one on a sloppy wet night. That being said you can correctly assume that I am a Camden fan and a follower of the team. LC is a tough team with several assets on offense. Fairview Has a very good defense and can throw the ball. This will be a very good game and anyone who thinks different is wrong. As they say though on any given night and any given game. LC does have the size and home field. Fairview is fast but so is LC. The one thing I can say is that Fairview controlled Webster, 22, and the Camden offense on a dry field as well as LC did on a wet field if that says anything. Of course when you offense coughs up the ball on their on 13, it's hard to keep any team from scoring and it is hard to score when you gain 6  yard and get  penalized 10 or 15. That is a problem Camden has had. As for last year and the very fine CC team. The only reason CC beat Camden last year was the loss of Camden QB  Tanner Hudson. Camden was up 19 to 7 when he got hurt. Vick the 2nd string QB was out with a concussion from the game before and Camden had to play a Sophmore QB. Camden still was ahead midway through the 4th. The defense was on the field just about the whole last half. That goes to show you that on any given day anybody can win or lose. Good luck to both teams. I am sure whomever wins will be deserving of first place in the District. I pray that no injuries occur and that it is a well fought clean game.