Elizabethton vs Sullivan south

BigBama42

Not being a smart butt. however if it ended today it would be 

8 Claibourne @ 1 South

5 Elizabethton @ 4 Carter

6 Grainger @ 3 Greeneville

7 Scott @ 2 fulton

Reason Scott Co is 3rd in division the 1 & 2 's take priority. Even though it means nothing I just thought Id let you know. Thanks.

I know. I wasn't taking the division finish into account.  With things like that in place, a 9-1 team can possibly  be the 5th seed in a quad(Science Hill last year).

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jhits -- wrong teams are seeded first as district winners, second as district runners-ups, and third as wild card. within those groups the tie breaking proceedure will be used. ( http://tssaa.org/divisiononefootballplayoffs/ )

2nd those crazy maps show Scott west of Knox Catholic who is placed in Quad 2.

third you are right crazy things happen when you deal with the T$$AA

My apologies. I had not viewed the video. I used this quote from The Times Free Press from 2011 by a Mr. Reeves of the TSSAA. (The seeding method below must have been changed in the last year or two, but can't really see why. Seemed the better system by far. But what the h do I know.)

Reeves said. “Another point of contention from the coaches’ committee was throwing out criteria where a team automatically got priority for finishing first or second in a district. We had occasions where a team was first or second in its district with a 5-5 record and would host a team that finished 8-2 but didn’t finish first or second in its district. Coaches felt if you won more games you should be rewarded for it.â€

If two teams are 6-4 in the same quadrant the first tie-breaker for seeding is now the number of opponents played that won 50 percent of their games.

The game is at South. Undoubtedly a barn burner. I am not privy to the intimacy of either team. It would be nice if someone could start a comparison of offensive styles with strengths and weadnesses. And of course, Defense will most likely be the telling tale. Crawdad? Pudding? Yes I know, it is a bit early. Don't want to junx anyone. But it sure is an interesting comparison. And yes, alot can happen in 3 weeks.

Hey comp

I am looking forward to this game as well but I have no insight on either team.  I'm still a neutral observer in this area.  Although there are some teams (fans) that have earned the proverbial black cowboy hat.  Every competition needs good guys and bad guys.  This area has them (not that either of these two teams are black hat wearing kinda teams).  But I bet if we took a vote in NET on who the bad guys are, it would be a landslide. HAHA!

I think Betsy wins in a hard fought head banger, If betsy stays ahead and eats the clock south will get out of their game plan and make mistakes. Betsy will ground and pound and hit you with their other players to get 1st downs and eat up the clock until thomas sees daylight.I would not want to be a dc against this team.