Columbia Acad vs Wayne Co

wildcat89

Congrats to WC on region. Dont let up now. This CA game is tricky. Brings up that game a few years ago when they came to Waynesboro and beat yall pretty good. They throw the ball very well this year. Can the Cats cover the hot routes will be the big question. You can't sack him if he's firing it quick. They will spread you out and scramble all over the place if you cover well. Good luck Cats.

I'm interested to see how WC does with the pass too. While I've always been confident Wayne County can shutdown a run-first offense, I was more skeptical of the pass defense at the beginning of the year.  We've not given up big yards so far, but I really don't think we've faced a competent passing attack yet.  But if anyone can put together and execute a good defensive game plan, its this team and coaching staff. 

And yeah, we all remember the 2005/2006 losses to CA.  How could we not? Despite only losing (literally) a handful of times to CA in 36 games, someone brings up CA's last victory every single year.  They were Monkeywrench's favorite talking points.  God forbid they win Friday night. We'll still be talking about it in 2020.

Edited by 1RT

Congrats to WC on region. Dont let up now. This CA game is tricky. Brings up that game a few years ago when they came to Waynesboro and beat yall pretty good. They throw the ball very well this year. Can the Cats cover the hot routes will be the big question. You can't sack him if he's firing it quick. They will spread you out and scramble all over the place if you cover well. Good luck Cats.

Last time we lost to CA was back in '06 and also in '07. Two poorly played games by WC. I remember those games as well and I hope that doesn't happen this year. I dislike CA as much as I do C'wood when we play....dang private schools

Last time we lost to CA was back in '06 and also in '07. Two poorly played games by WC. I remember those games as well and I hope that doesn't happen this year. I dislike CA as much as I do C'wood when we play....dang private schools

It seems like we were writing at the same time. We lost in '05 and '06.  We beat them 46-20 in '07.

I'm interested to see how WC does with the pass too. While I've always been confident Wayne County can shutdown a run-first offense, I was more skeptical of the pass defense at the beginning of the year. We've not given up big yards so far, but I really don't think we've faced a competent passing attack yet. But if anyone can put together and execute a good defensive game plan, its this team and coaching staff.

And yeah, we all remember the 2005/2006 losses to CA. How could we not? Despite only losing (literally) a handful of times to CA in 36 games, someone brings up CA's last victory every single year. They were Monkeywrench's favorite talking points. God forbid they win Friday night. We'll still be talking about in 2020.

Yeah that's right, I was goin by the graduate year, not the football. I played in both if those games. It still hurts too. Edited by wildcatalumni

The only reason they won those was because they repeatedly recovered onside kicks. Our offense had trouble getting on the field. But the last few years it seems we've always met CA when they're either undefeated or ranked high. They get cocky. Then WC puts them in their place. Hopefully that will continue this Friday. Go Cats.

Edited by wildcatpride70

I here we are getting prepared well for CA and their "GREAT" passing game! The "CATS" will be ready! "GO CATS"

Not being a spoiler here in the least or trying to ruffle feathers so to speak, so don't take this wrong..... But CA has been practicing and playing effectively that passing game all year now.... not practicing for it in 1 week..... But to keep your faith, Rome wasn't built in 1 day (week)...but some Christians was blamed for burning a lot of it down in 1 nights time..... :)

Not being a spoiler here in the least or trying to ruffle feathers so to speak, so don't take this wrong..... But CA has been practicing and playing effectively that passing game all year now.... not practicing for it in 1 week..... But to keep your faith, Rome wasn't built in 1 day (week)...but some Christians was blamed for burning a lot of it down in 1 nights time..... :)

Well, I think coaches will have them ready. It'll be nice to beat another top ten team. Seriously, this group of WC kids have finally find themselves and are playin good football. I'm proud of them for turning it around after that debacle I seen against C'wood. It'll be a good game. Go Cats!