Columbia Acad vs Wayne Co

wildcat89

WC  will not overlook CA no matter what. I'm sure we are considered the underdogs again and these boys seem to like that roll! Hopefully WC takes care of the ball, and do what we do best,run it right at them! WC can pass the ball pretty darn good too, if we choose to!  Thanks for your info Big Bigby!   "GO CATS"

Wayne County has gotten better each week after the BIG Flop in C'wood.  WC is 4-3 but a couple of plays away from being 6-1.  Had they played just a sloppy game against C'wood they would be 5-2 but they played the worst game that I have ever seen and lost by 6 inches.  That dropped TD pass in the endzone against Riverside plays heavy too.  Our coaches have done a great job of player asscessment and trying to get the players into position to win some games.  Looking down at the teams CA has played and looking at the teams WC has played and this should be a really good game.  I really believe with WC's progress that the Wildcats come away the the win. 

Wayne County has gotten better each week after the BIG Flop in C'wood. WC is 4-3 but a couple of plays away from being 6-1. Had they played just a sloppy game against C'wood they would be 5-2 but they played the worst game that I have ever seen and lost by 6 inches. That dropped TD pass in the endzone against Riverside plays heavy too. Our coaches have done a great job of player asscessment and trying to get the players into position to win some games. Looking down at the teams CA has played and looking at the teams WC has played and this should be a really good game. I really believe with WC's progress that the Wildcats come away the the win.

I agree....Go Wildcats

Where you from and have you seen them play? Tell us more about them because monkey wrench is the only CA poster and he doesn't post anymore....

aww y'all didn't forget me.  I still read sometimes, but i'm off in chattanooga far far away from CA sports so I do not know much about what is happening.

with that said, CA has a history of upsetting WC.

With that being said, the new coaching staff is foreign to me, and i literally know nothing about them.

I'm interested to see how WC does with the pass too. While I've always been confident Wayne County can shutdown a run-first offense, I was more skeptical of the pass defense at the beginning of the year.  We've not given up big yards so far, but I really don't think we've faced a competent passing attack yet.  But if anyone can put together and execute a good defensive game plan, its this team and coaching staff. 

And yeah, we all remember the 2005/2006 losses to CA.  How could we not? Despite only losing (literally) a handful of times to CA in 36 games, someone brings up CA's last victory every single year.  They were Monkeywrench's favorite talking points.  God forbid they win Friday night. We'll still be talking about it in 2020.

hey i wasn't gonna bring it up, but we scored 3 touchdowns on like 2 plays in the 1st quarter at your homecoming.  Pretty memorable.  Let's not forget shutting down y'alls all-state back hammock i believe?  I still remember the coaches pointing out in film how he looked like he was carrying bread from a baker the way he "took care of the ball."

although I do not remember you as a poster. 

The only reason they won those was because they repeatedly recovered onside kicks. Our offense had trouble getting on the field. But the last few years it seems we've always met CA when they're either undefeated or ranked high. They get cocky. Then WC puts them in their place. Hopefully that will continue this Friday. Go Cats.

we took the first kickoff to the house. ingram had like 400 yards rushing (obvious exageration but he had a ton) and we took another kickoff to the house. 

**sorry for the string of posts, was just commenting on stuff as I read it....I should quit procrasting the daggum auditing test i got tommorow....

Edited by Monkey Wrench

hey i wasn't gonna bring it up, but we scored 3 touchdowns on like 2 plays in the 1st quarter at your homecoming. Pretty memorable. Let's not forget shutting down y'alls all-state back hammock i believe? I still remember the coaches pointing out in film how he looked like he was carrying bread from a baker the way he "took care of the ball."

although I do not remember you as a poster.

Me and the HammACK guy work together. We're workin right now as a matter of fact. Did you play those years?

aww y'all didn't forget me. I still read sometimes, but i'm off in chattanooga far far away from CA sports so I do not know much about what is happening.

with that said, CA has a history of upsetting WC.

With that being said, the new coaching staff is foreign to me, and i literally know nothing about them.

And if Ca wins it will be another upset, WC should win this one. Edited by wildcat89