2013 Football in Cheatham County

howdoitknow

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never heard of an assistant coach being allowed to name finalists for a head coaching position. I think Jackson should have had an input in the coaching hire if he wanted to stay. If not then he should not have had any say at all. Things in cc seem pretty bleak right now and if howdoitknow is correct then it seems like it will take a long time to get back on track. Very sad for the kids.

I have never heard of an assistant coach being allowed to name finalists for a head coaching position. I think Jackson should have had an input in the coaching hire if he wanted to stay. If not then he should not have had any say at all. Things in cc seem pretty bleak right now and if howdoitknow is correct then it seems like it will take a long time to get back on track. Very sad for the kids.

Wasn't Jackson the AD there? Regardless, I hope Coach Jackson is happy where he is. He is a welcomed addition to the Fairview coaching staff.

Maybe you are correct. If so then yes he should have had a say, as long as he planned to stay. I don't know much about cc except for what I read here. I usually just read howdoitknow since he is a fan of their program and seems to know about the state of the program. Agreed that Jackson and others are better off having left for a fresh start.

When the assistant coach is the AD then he should

Yep, the kids are the ones that always pay.

Getting some of the folks to recognize there's kids on both sides of the river has been an issue for a long time in Cheatham County.  I wish South Cheatham had their own school district or could get annexed by Dickson County and be done with it.

Now Cheatham's ex board member from Sycamore's district is about to sue the district again under Title IX auspices to provide things for Cheatham's soccer fields that parents built and are paying for at Harpeth and Sycamore.

However mediocre Harpeth's football team might be, they're smart enough to figure out how to put a schedule together that gives them a shot at the playoffs and they aren't the ones that turned Nashville Christian in for using an ineligible player, nor did they set the criteria for getting into the playoffs.  More power to them.  They've had playoff worthy teams that missed it by one game 2 or 3 times because of a tough schedule and they spent purgatory in the ABC district that just about sucked the life completely out of the program and nobody on the other side of the river felt sorry for them one bit.  About time a ball bounces their way.

Edited by ksgovols

Yep, the kids are the ones that always pay.

Getting some of the folks to recognize there's kids on both sides of the river has been an issue for a long time in Cheatham County. I wish South Cheatham had their own school district or could get annexed by Dickson County and be done with it.

Now Cheatham's ex board member from Sycamore's district is about to sue the district again under Title IX auspices to provide things for Cheatham's soccer fields that parents built and are paying for at Harpeth and Sycamore.

However mediocre Harpeth's football team might be, they're smart enough to figure out how to put a schedule together that gives them a shot at the playoffs and they aren't the ones that turned Nashville Christian in for using an ineligible player, nor did they set the criteria for getting into the playoffs. More power to them. They've had playoff worthy teams that missed it by one game 2 or 3 times because of a tough schedule and they spent purgatory in the ABC district that just about sucked the life completely out of the program and nobody on the other side of the river felt sorry for them one bit. About time a ball bounces their way.

More years than not Cheatham beats Nashville Christian, Clarksville Academy, and Harpeth. With the talent on the roster they should have beaten those teams. The coach had no clue what he signed up for and the idiots in charge created this mess.

This year's Cheatham County team should have been 6-4 or 5-5 with losses to White House, Westmoreland, Greenbrier, and Fairview (for sure). The rest of the schedule should have provided no more than 1 loss.

It's like Dawson said during the summer. The football program was targeted because their success was viewed as "a challenge" to the powers that be (I agree with that statement 100%).

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.  Play in a district with CPA, Goodpasture, Ezell Harding, DCA, FRA, Fairview and the best East Robertson team in the last 20 years after getting punched in the stomach.  It was like building a football program from scratch down here.

Cheatham's had a really good team the last couple or three years.  Then they graduate and move on.  They aren't the only school in the district that's suffered because of administration.

I really take issue with this Title IX complaint.  Roll up your sleeves, raise some money, do some work like everybody else in the county has done to improve your facilities instead of lawyering up and getting them subsidized by the rest of the county.  The school district has provided less than 10% of the funds for Harpeth's baseball, soccer, wrestling and football facilities.  Parents did that with want to, perseverance, ingenuity and just plain old hard work.

Where do we sign to secede?

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Play in a district with CPA, Goodpasture, Ezell Harding, DCA, FRA, Fairview and the best East Robertson team in the last 20 years after getting punched in the stomach. It was like building a football program from scratch down here.

Cheatham's had a really good team the last couple or three years. Then they graduate and move on. They aren't the only school in the district that's suffered because of administration.

I really take issue with this Title IX complaint. Roll up your sleeves, raise some money, do some work like everybody else in the county has done to improve your facilities instead of lawyering up and getting them subsidized by the rest of the county. The school district has provided less than 10% of the funds for Harpeth's baseball, soccer, wrestling and football facilities. Parents did that with want to, perseverance, ingenuity and just plain old hard work.

Where do we sign to secede?

Cheatham has been good for a period of 11 years. Not 2-3. They've averaged 6-7 wins per season during that span. The Cheatham football job was treated much differently than any other hire in the school system's history. The basketball hire was originally botched too but they saved face in the end. Harpeth's basketball and baseball hires were not done through the same process as the Cheatham football hire.

Good and really good are 2 different things.  They've been really good the last 2 or 3 years.  A regional power.  2/3rds of the schools in 3A go to the playoffs.  That's not my barometer for 'really good'.

Nobody felt sorry for Harpeth when they self imploded after their great run and the administration did nothing to alleviate the problem.  There are similarities between those dark days on the south side and Cheatham's issues today.  It was survival mode there for a few years, the numbers went way down and T$$AA stuck us in the ABC district to boot.  Long after the powers that be do the damage, there's a football program trying to get back to where they were.  Think about where all the folks involved in Cheatham's problems will be in 10 years.  There'll still be Cheatham football dealing with the aftermath.

Very true ks. Carpetbagger Curtis and the two head bimbos at the boe will be long gone by then and the Cub football program will still be trying to recover from this mess. If it was up to the idiots in charge that I alluded to earlier in this post then there would simply be no athletics at all in Cheatham County. It will be a long time or never before Cubs fans can experience the electric atmosphere of those home playoff games from last year. And what about the students? They are just #'s on a piece of paper to Curtis & company so who really cares about their high school experience. Dark days indeed for kids in Cheatham County and a very sad example of the pettiness of certain adults negatively impacting kids' lives. Just glad I don't have kids in Cheatham County Schools now. Hope things get better soon, but seriously doubt it under this regime of fools.