ECS(8-0) vs. TCA(8-0) the "showdown"

Intense

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew! Glad it's over. 20-56. Got taken to the woodshed!! Officials were horrible but that's not the reason for the loss. ECS is the better team. If they get by Webb they should easily win Division ll A. Very balanced team. Turnovers killed TCA BUT they never quit. They fought to the end and that's great coaching! Should help prepare them for playoffs. Congrats ECS and keep your heads up Lions!!

also wana point out...before this last td...tca had ecs backed up 1st and 25 to their 10...and ecs was able to convert...thats not refs...

Hey know it all . How would you know ? You obviously wasn't there and BTW, nobody said the. 1 st and 25 conversion was due to refs. Did you see the blatant offensive pass interference on the 60 yard pass play . ECS receiver pushed our DB down then caught the pass. The ECS chain gang said that was so obvious. Did that cost us the game? Absolutely not but the point was that the officiating was really bad !

Hey know it all . How would you know ? You obviously wasn't there and BTW, nobody said the. 1 st and 25 conversion was due to refs. Did you see the blatant offensive pass interference on the 60 yard pass play . ECS receiver pushed our DB down then caught the pass. The ECS chain gang said that was so obvious. Did that cost us the game? Absolutely not but the point was that the officiating was really bad !

i know plenty yes...thanks for acknowledging said fact..."you obviously wasnt there"  nice...

my point was that ecs had some calls against them as well...not often u see a 1st and 25...thats 2 penalties on or before a down...

and no...i didnt "see" anything as i was blessed to be listening to ur game over the radio...if theres a stream available i may go watch it

hopefully ur boys will learn from this game and become a better team...a nice reality check for a good young team

for reitz...pass interference is no longer an automatic 1st down...

simply moves the ball to the spot of the foul and the offense must continue from the prior down to get the 1st

example...3rd and 17...pass interference call 14 yards down field...offense must then convert a 3rd and 3

If you actually did listen you would have heard us acknowledge the new rule.  Was there some confusion on the rule?  Yep.  But we did end up getting the correct information out.  That was the first time that the rule really came into play on a worse case scenario for us this season.  It also showed why it's a bad rule because it rewards the defense for pass interference.  The old rule is much better.

Never the less, a few bad calls did not beat TCA tonight.  ECS was simply the better team all the way around tonight.  No other way to put it.  After tonight, I do have a better appreciation for the officiating that comes out of the Jackson Association though. 

If you actually did listen you would have heard us acknowledge the new rule.  Was there some confusion on the rule?  Yep.  But we did end up getting the correct information out.  That was the first time that the rule really came into play on a worse case scenario for us this season.  It also showed why it's a bad rule because it rewards the defense for pass interference.  The old rule is much better.

Never the less, a few bad calls did not beat TCA tonight.  ECS was simply the better team all the way around tonight.  No other way to put it.  After tonight, I do have a better appreciation for the officiating that comes out of the Jackson Association though. 

my post was b4 u got the text about the rule...and i realize u dont get on coacht while ur broadcasting...did not know if u would get an answer or not

and u may see it as a bad rule...what should have happened is that tca should have run the ball in from the 1 instead of trying to pad Akins stats by throwing the ball

just like akin should not have been in throwing the ball with 2 minutes to go and the game completely out of reach...what if he had gotten hit and hurt...that would kill the lions playoff run

my post was b4 u got the text about the rule...and i realize u dont get on coacht while ur broadcasting...did not know if u would get an answer or not

and u may see it as a bad rule...what should have happened is that tca should have run the ball in from the 1 instead of trying to pad Akins stats by throwing the ball

just like akin should not have been in throwing the ball with 2 minutes to go and the game completely out of reach...what if he had gotten hit and hurt...that would kill the lions playoff run

Actually had a copy of the rule changes on us could not find the particular rule that applied to the situation.  Was trying to look thru about 3 pages will on air.

I will not respond to the rest of your post as you seem to be trying to start an argument on what should have and should not have been done.  Not going to go there with you on that one.

Actually had a copy of the rule changes on us could not find the particular rule that applied to the situation.  Was trying to look thru about 3 pages will on air.

I will not respond to the rest of your post as you seem to be trying to start an argument on what should have and should not have been done.  Not going to go there with you on that one.

interesting that u seem to have had an issue with ecs throwing the ball...with a running clock...but not with Akin being in the game when nothing good could happen for tca...IMO...tca clearly couldnt stop ECS run game...so a pass was ur best shot at stopping them...as was shown by the late interception

and i respect what u did on the air...i realize that calling a game and trying to keep the listeners informed is a very tuff task...

Ok. I will post one more time before I go to bed. Some of the East and Middle Tn folks are probably wondering if TCA is for real after tonight's woodshed whipping. The bottom line is this, the game was won at the line of Scrimmage on both sides of the ball. TCA had better receivers, a better QB, and I would argue as good of RB's but ECS owned the line of scrimmage. I could have rushed for 100 yards behind that line. He was five yards down the field before our LB's had a chance to get him. They blew us off the line because they were a lot bigger and stronger. If GCA and TC has an offensive and defensive line like ECS no one will touch them. Adamsville had the best OL and DL we had seen and they are really, really good but ECS is at a whole different level. Their DL pushed our OL back and put pressure on QB all night causing one TO and they hit us so hard they also caused two fumble TO's. ECS proved you don't have to have superstar athletes at the skilled positions to dominate you just have to have a dominant line to dominate. TCA has a very solid offensive line and has done a great job all year but we saw what a dominant line looks like tonight. Game started out great with TCA matching them blow by blow but the size and strength ended up the victor. Kinda how it works on Saturdays in the SEC!! TCA will rebound and be a whole lot better team as a result of this loss. I still think we have a shot at final 4 in 2A and if we play well maybe Cookeville!

Edited by TCAIntense

last season adamsville compared their line to the wisconsin badgers and the green bay packers...

and then they got demolished...sorry if that offends anyone...demolished by friendship christian

tca should be in a dogfight in the quarterfinals and semis...gona be some fantastic playoff football in quad 4 of 2a ball...

cannot wait!!!

and i do agree that this game will make tca a better team

Looks like my on-paper prediction was a little conservative...

Still think TCA is for real -- probably the best team in rural West Tenn -- and has a very good shot to be playing in Cookeville. ECS is just a different level of competition. Should be a nice wake up call for the Lions before the "second season" starts.

ECS looks to be clicking on all cylinders now. They're the class of the West this year in DII-A. But, I would bet on Webb beating them in a similar fashion as ECS did to TCA. There's also FCS and BGA to contend with who will be formidable.

Looks like my on-paper prediction was a little conservative...

Still think TCA is for real -- probably the best team in rural West Tenn -- and has a very good shot to be playing in Cookeville. ECS is just a different level of competition. Should be a nice wake up call for the Lions before the "second season" starts.

ECS looks to be clicking on all cylinders now. They're the class of the West this year in DII-A. But, I would bet on Webb beating them in a similar fashion as ECS did to TCA. There's also FCS and BGA to contend with who will be formidable.

at least someone here is realistic